The Old Lit

Wifenextdoor

Virgin
Does anyone else miss the old Lit? The one where it felt like people were interested in taking the time to get to know you and form a connection? Connecting with a person who enjoyed the slow burn and build and excitement of the new relationship energy? Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic or am too cynical these days but it feels impossible. No I don't want to send you a nude after knowing you for less than five minutes, no I don't want you to call me instantly, and no I will not surrender or submit to you without building trust.

Does anyone else miss the old Lit? The one where it felt like people were interested in taking the time to get to know you and form a connection? Connecting with a person who enjoyed the slow burn and build and excitement of the new relationship energy? Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic or am too cynical these days but it feels impossible. No I don't want to send you a nude after knowing you for less than five minutes, no I don't want you to call me instantly, and no I will not surrender or submit to you without building trust.
Yes..I miss the old lit....

I wasn’t hear for the old lit. But it seemed easier back in the day to meet someone and make an actual connection. It is still possible but isn’t always easy.

I've been on quite a few different adult forums and sites, and this is a recurring theme. There are always people yearning for 'the good old days'.

I expect there could be a couple of different reasons for this:
1) Things were actually better 10, 15, 20 years ago. Everyone was more open and friendly. More interested in each other.
2) We tend to hang on to the good memories and forget the bad after a while. So those connections we made a long time ago are still dear to us, but we might not think about all the wasted time and unsuccessful attempts back then any more.
3) The crowd of participants has gotten significantly bigger. This might mean more opportunities, but also more work to sort through the connections that just don't work out.

I'm not sure which of these it is, but I'm leaning more towards a combination of 2 and 3 than number 1 :)

I suspect we were more interested in each other, and I think less acculturated to the sort of hookup culture that is the zeitgeist of this era. Not that the other two reasons you mention aren't valid too.

Not only was lit a nicer place, being snarky and rude has become the norm here for many posters. Complaining about it makes you an outcast. There are cliques same as in high school, where the "popular people" get to hang out.

Look at any "who does this or that" thread. it's the same 8-10 people posting about how great each other is. Very few greetings or acknowledgement when someone outside their group tries to participate.

The number of threads I feel comfortable posting in continually drops in number...

The number of women that have ghosted me keeps rising as well...just not the same place anymore...

Yes! It's changed since 2001.

I completely miss the lut of old...I started coming her like 15+ years ago...and it seems like back then there was a lot more comrade and less shaming of ppl who disagreed

I don’t think it’s nostalgic. The people here have changed. I don’t know if it’s due to the Covid issue or not. But the people here, and even some who have been around for a while, are not as open and nice. Maybe they’ve been burned by people here and have gotten “gun shy”. I know I have. There is a lack of engaging in conversation whether directly in a room or in a private conversation or even off of Lit. I have become more jaded about Lit and don’t spend the time that I used to here. Just not what it used to be. Thanks for your comment on this.

Yes.. a simple answer. I admit that I come here mainly to meet and chat with members opposite sex. I feel from chatting with them lately that there are many misogynistic men out for a quick jackoff and they haven’t figured out that it takes time to get to know one another and see if there is a connection.

Oh well…

I get that. It's like life. Everything moves too fast.

And the "old Lit" for you is only two years ago

I missed that Lit, whenever it existed. Despite my membership date I only found the forums and started posting recently. I enjoy the slow burn, as long as it’s actually burning and something is actually building. Haven’t had much luck with that here.

I have been on this site for 25 ish years under one name or another. If people kept it to here and were not so quick to move to new apps I think it would be a better place. Everyone wants to go to Skype or google chat without any idea of who you actually are. You can say I do miss the old Lit but if you are nice and sincere the conversations are still hear.

I miss the good ol daze.

I still enjoy lit and have made a number of friends. But it was more welcoming and supportive.

Meet ups.

Anyway, there’s still a lot of good folk out there if ya look hard enough.

I miss the old lit chatrooms, back in the old flash days. I met some really great women. Ironically back then I was married, but now as a widower I can't find anyone who isn't a scammer or a fake. I had several ladies back then, but now, nothing. Life is strange.

I have been on this site for 25 ish years under one name or another. If people kept it to here and were not so quick to move to new apps I think it would be a better place. Everyone wants to go to Skype or google chat without any idea of who you actually are. You can say I do miss the old Lit but if you are nice and sincere the conversations are still hear.
Moving to other apps quickly is part of the problem. I think that’s due to the slowness in messaging here. Skype etc are basically instantaneous. Lit’s messaging takes quite a while. While that’s sometimes nice it does cause many people to lose attention. I’ve used both and it’s all a matter of getting to know the other person and what they prefer.

Moving to other apps quickly is part of the problem. I think that’s due to the slowness in messaging here. Skype etc are basically instantaneous. Lit’s messaging takes quite a while. While that’s sometimes nice it does cause many people to lose attention. I’ve used both and it’s all a matter of getting to know the other person and what they prefer.
It's really two very different styles of communicating. I much prefer the messages on here for depth and getting to know people, but if you're moving on to something more ... interactive ;), it might require the faster response of chat services

Yes! I made several intense and erotic connections with women on here, some which lasted for months or even years. These were all very slow burns that enhanced the "consummation." I've seen many fewer opportunities for that since my recent return.

It's really two very different styles of communicating. I much prefer the messages on here for depth and getting to know people, but if you're moving on to something more ... interactive ;), it might require the faster response of chat services
Agree. The "real-time" nature of platforms like Kik and Telegram can make them more attractive.

One doesn't exclude the other ;)
Yup… this is my fear or realization
Thus not exposing my… voice even though I now can now. Who chats with voice anymore these days? ( I know they still are)
It’s bad enough all the other lit guys sport 3-4 or more inches than I do.

I never got to experience the old Lit but I know exactly what you are talking about. Anytime I message someone on here, my initial intention is to develop some sort of friendship. A connection. Looking for things in common. I want to establish a rapport with said person before the sexy talk starts....unless from the git go it's been declared this is sexy talk only. Ya know?

Back