Snowbunny Origins - where to next?

Tabauthor

Words over images
Hi there,

I’m the author of Snowbunny Origins, the first chapter got 30,000 readers and it’s tailed off dramatically in the following chapters. I am wondering, where to next?

Perhaps the first chapter had something the others missed, if you are interested in the “Snowbunny” genre I would be open to any feedback.

Thank you

Yes - in retrospect, I'm starting to think I should have posted much bigger "chapters" of the story I'm currently working on, too.

First chapter is currently at 50k, but the 2nd chapter drops 50%. I just recently posted Ch11, so hard to gauge, but Ch10 only has about 9k...

Still - not complaining at having 9 thousand views. (I'd assume that's not 9,000 individual readers...)

Hi there,

I’m the author of Snowbunny Origins, the first chapter got 30,000 readers and it’s tailed off dramatically in the following chapters. I am wondering, where to next?

Perhaps the first chapter had something the others missed, if you are interested in the “Snowbunny” genre I would be open to any feedback.

Thank you
That's typical. By the time you hit the third chapter, Views will probably be down to 20 - 25%, and will mostly likely stay around that number through to the last chapter.
Yes - in retrospect, I'm starting to think I should have posted much bigger "chapters" of the story I'm currently working on, too.
Whenever this gets talked about, there's generally a consensus that an ideal chapter length is 2 - 4 Lit pages (8000 - 15000 words).
First chapter is currently at 50k, but the 2nd chapter drops 50%. I just recently posted Ch11, so hard to gauge, but Ch10 only has about 9k...
Yes, that's fairly typical.
Still - not complaining at having 9 thousand views. (I'd assume that's not 9,000 individual readers...)

By the time you get to chapter nine, you could indeed be getting close to Views = Reads. They're the readers sticking with the story to the end.

Back