The "Daughter of the Sun" thread

A_O_Dots

Virgin
Dear Authors and Readers,

assuming it is ok for Authors to create posts on the Forum in which to discuss about their own work (I apologize in case and kindly ask to the Moderators to point me in the right direction), I would like to open this thread dedicated to the series I'm working on, to keep an open channel with those who may enjoy it, discuss ideas, feebdacks and share updates on the status of the next chapters.

So far, I've published only the prologue, that you may find here if interested:

https://www.literotica.com/s/daughter-of-the-sun-prologue

My plan is to make it developing into a true and possibly engaging erotic fantasy novel, set in a pretty detailed world and populated by dozens of characters, each one with their own attributes, desires and passions. This would also allow me to deal and explore with a variety of erotic fantasies and themes, thus few of them like female-to-female romance, slavery and mind control will likely play a major role.

Chapter one is currenlty under development, and I'm hoping to publish it quite soon. I'm expecting it to be a pretty long one, as it will introduce four of the main characters of the saga.

Hope that many of you will find enjoyment in reading my work, in the same way I'm finding enjoyment in creating it.

Sincerely,
A.O.Dots

I would have appreciated a few more tags or a prologue of the prologue, so I know where the saga might lead.

Dear Andreas,

thanks a lot for your feedback!
I admit I just recently joined this site, so I'm still actually in the process to learn how the tag mechanism works. Will try to improve in the next chapters, by taking inspiration from some other stories.

Best!

It's interesting. I'd be interested in reading more. It hints at a post-apocalyptic future with magic and some sort of primitive female society. If you think this is going to be novel length, I recommend releasing it here in 12-24k word chapters. Most readers aren't looking for a huge time commitment and keeping your place in a long story can be problematic.

Dear Rob,

thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated.

Chapter one is currently in progress and I hope to be able to have it ready for submission by the next couple of weeks, I will try my best to keep it in the range you suggested. Also, for the future chapters I may think to add a sort of quick summary of the previous ones in the beginning, so a reader who is interested in the serie can easily remember what happened in the previous chapters (I'm actually more concerned about the frequency with which I will be able to publish than the length).

As a side note concerning the setting, you highlighted correctly some of the points: magic will play a role as well as a primitive female society (at least for a part). The general setting however won't be a post-apocalyptic future, rather something in the middle between the middle age and the ancient world.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Best

Dear Readers,

I'm glad to announce that Chapter 1 has been published today!
You can find it here:

https://literotica.com/s/daughter-of-the-sun-ch-01

Any feedback or suggestion are always welcome!
I'm taking now some days of break before starting to write Chapter 2, which I'm expecting to have much of the dark vibe we have seen in the prologue.

Hope you will enjoy the read!
Best
A.O.Dots

I've recently published the second chapter of my series, whoever would like to read and share some feedback is very welcome. The link is the following:

https://literotica.com/s/daughter-of-the-sun-ch-02

I will start in the next few days to work on the chapter 3, and I'm asking myself some questions on which I may appreciate some advice from more experienced authors; "Daughter of the Sun" is intended to be a fantasy erotic novel, in which some themes, like mind control, will play a central role; that's why so far I preferred to publish all the chapter under this category, rather than Fantasy, to give the readers more clarity on the expectations.

Now, I'm realizing I may need to introduce from time to time some chapters that may be "less intensely erotic" or with no direct mind control scenes. These chapters are however needed to make the story evolve in a logical sense (e.g. people discussing plan of actions and making decisions, battle scenes etc...). I will try my best of course to give a sort of "erotic aura" to the full narrative, but I realize this could be less effective in that sense in some cases.

My questions would be:

1. It is ok and allowed to publish here few chapters, from time to time, that may have less erotic/explicit content, but are nevertheless functional to the development of the story?
2. It would be ok to keep all the chapters under the "Mind control" category, even for the few cases in which there may not be explicit mind control scenes?

Thanks in advance to anyone who would like to contribute!

1. It is ok and allowed to publish here few chapters, from time to time, that may have less erotic/explicit content, but are nevertheless functional to the development of the story?
Yes. Keep in mind that a story, once it's complete and all chapters published, will be read in its entirety - so the plot driven chapters will make perfect sense.

For this reason, too, you really don't need to summarise the previous chapter at the beginning of the next. In a year's time, that's just going to be odd. You don't see that done in books, now, do you?
2. It would be ok to keep all the chapters under the "Mind control" category, even for the few cases in which there may not be explicit mind control scenes?
If the predominant theme is mind control, I'd publish every chapter there. That will make more sense in the long run.

Back