Should Literotica have a blog feature for authors?

You can't do that. It's like saying mankind can have nuclear technology and no one will makes bombs with it. It will be abused, in every which way possible, and would add probably ten times the admin headaches.
I accept that - is there another way, then, that such communication could take place - If we accept that the readers don't read the profiles (which certainly seems to be the case)

I accept that - is there another way, then, that such communication could take place - If we accept that the readers don't read the profiles (which certainly seems to be the case)
How does anyone know whether readers read profiles or not? I'll always read a profile, but I have no clue at all whether readers read mine.

How does anyone know whether readers read profiles or not? I'll always read a profile, but I have no clue at all whether readers read mine.
Its impirical evidence based on the amount of emails and feedbacks I get asking for information which is already posted in my profile. I know its not conclusive - but that is what i'm basing that statment on.

Its impirical evidence based on the amount of emails and feedbacks I get asking for information which is already posted in my profile. I know its not conclusive - but that is what i'm basing that statment on.
That makes no sense to me - a reader has to go to the tab two down from the profile to use the feedback feature. You need smarter readers, I'd say, not a site blog :).

About that original post about whether or not we should have blogs. I say no, but maybe a poll would have added to the conversation, Simon. Another thread?
I have one. It's indexed to my signature here. My publisher asked me to have one and said he'd maintain it. I've given him two years of material in new material twice a month. It's being fed sporadically and the material just sits there in his files. As far as I can determine, it isn't worth it in promotion and wasn't worth the two years of material I've already written for. And that was my judgment before he asked for one to do and was the judgement I gave clients a decade ago when I was running an editorial and publishing consulting business. I don't think blogs are worth the effort that has to go into them.

That makes no sense to me - a reader has to go to the tab two down from the profile to use the feedback feature. You need smarter readers, I'd say, not a site blog :).
Well, since i get two or three ANONYMOUS emails a week asking me to send them information, there are certainly a section of my readership that could do with sharpening up a bit.

About that original post about whether or not we should have blogs. I say no, but maybe a poll would have added to the conversation, Simon. Another thread?
I say yes. Have it as an option that authors can use. They would not be obligated to use it, and those who want to would.

Any other arguments aside, it's a way to connect to readers, and that's a good thing IMO.

I note that at least a couple of authors already use the forums as a de facto blog site by creating threads where they post updates on their lives. I know it doesn't offer quite the same functionality as a purpose-built blogging platform, but it's an option.

That's because reality is that far more folks are reading the discussion board than are going to read an individual author's blog (duh).

Also, they could...oh, I don't know...start a blog?
Let's not go crazy here!

(Seriously though: there are things to be said for having a blog service specifically for Literotica authors. Mainstream providers run the risk of finding oneself booted out if management suddenly decided "adult content bad!", something that's happened over and over on blogging platforms. But no amount of money would get me to volunteer for content moderation on such a service.)

~~You can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one~~

That's my favourite Kermit the Frog song!

I realize the Literotica owners have a lot on their plate already and various Site changes and updates in the works, but I've wondered for a while if a Blog feature would be a good value-added feature for the site. It could be linked to the Author's visible page, and it would allow the author to post regularly about story ideas or story progress for the benefit of the author's followers and readers.

I know there are some Lit authors who already have such blogs on other platforms. I've thought about doing something like that, but my thing is, I'm extremely lazy when it comes to taking on new online or technological challenges. Unlike some, I have no erotic story activity on any other platform. But if Literotica had a blog feature, I'd probably use it. It seems to me it would be a useful feature from Lit's point of view as a way of keeping authors primarily anchored here, as opposed to somewhere else. Authors would benefit because they would know they'd have a better chance of reaching out to blog readers here than anywhere else, because of the higher amount of traffic this site gets.

I don't imagine setting it up would be that technologically difficult.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
This would be such a cool feature - it would be a nice way to get in touch with your readers too, rather than making them go to the trouble of emailing you.

Back