Should Literotica have a blog feature for authors?

Thank you for responding with a coherent answer.

I tried pm'ing her - also leaving notes in the 'for the admin'

Am I claiming unfair treatment - I guess I probably am, and I'll hold my hands up and accept that its probably not - but in my frustration it feels personal - Voboy says he got a story accepted in 3 days - I have had 4 stories in my queue waiting for acceptance one for over 12 days.

Uh huh... but this has been explained to you before, too. People who get a lot of rejections also seem to face more scrutiny. Does that not make sense to you?

I've never waited more than a week to get a story posted, but then I've never had one kicked back for underage sex either. I did have a troll who complained about a few of mine, LONG after they'd been posted, but I cleared that up through PMs. And this was awhile ago, when I was still establishing myself here.

Thank you for responding with a coherent answer.

I tried pm'ing her - also leaving notes in the 'for the admin'

Am I claiming unfair treatment - I guess I probably am, and I'll hold my hands up and accept that its probably not - but in my frustration it feels personal - Voboy says he got a story accepted in 3 days - I have had 4 stories in my queue waiting for acceptance one for over 12 days.

I asked about the method of contact, because I've seen people say they couldn't get replies from her, only to find out they were sending to contact her via emails, or some other method.

I can't speak to these delay issues. I have never had any serious issues in that regard. My most recent story was submitted on Wednesday and went live yesterday.

So when you said this…
I have a single account here - and this is it. …
I'm not so pretentious as to talk about my artistic integrity - im a big enough prick without going to those lenghts
And this…

I am a little hot headed sometimes, and have a tendency to spit out my dummy - which i realise that is not always helpful but i just think that if, rather than everyone in the forum saying - that's how it is live with it or leave, we could discuss things rationally and perhaps you might convince me that i am wrong or i might convince you that change might be beneficial.
It made me think, ok, probably different person, with a penchant for the understatement, but still with a small chance of just being a more lucid personality than the others.

….and point out that in 6 months i have amassed over 10 times the following that you have in 3 years, nearly 20 times the number of stories that you have and since your average story rating so low - It appears that you're actually not a very good writer either. I'm not going to say any of that because that would be childish - oops.
But you went and did this… Again. A topic your suspected doppelspammer could barely go three posts between bringing up.

So now I’m back to feelings of Deja Vu.

Arrogant - possibly - an attention whore probably - so thanks - but that still doesn't mean that i'm wrong. And resorting to playground insults doesn't strengthen your argument in any way.

But your response does.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and point out that in 6 months i have amassed over 10 times the following that you have in 3 years

You just did. Would hypocrite count as another childish insult?

nearly 20 times the number of stories that you have and since your average story rating so low - It appears that you're actually not a very good writer either. I'm not going to say any of that because that would be childish - oops.

I could make the quality over quantity argument, but since the stuff that I have submitted here is admittedly not my best, I'll give you that point. However, even with that free space on your bingo card, here's a swift kick into your carelessly unguarded sac for ya. You, who freely admits that lit is not the only place where you post your work, arrogantly assume that lit is the only place that I do (hypocrite again?). If that's your tack, Keith has you beat hands down so take a number. Apparently your stuff is amazing (since literotica finances itself off the back of it) and mine sucks even though you've never read a line of mine. That's fine, I don't care what you think of it. I've made no remark on the quality of your work at all (since I couldn't be bothered to read it) and don't care. I haven't commented on your work at all, only on your own perceptions of it's value.

Keep 'em coming, Heming-fucking-way. I'll keep kicking you where the sun also rises until I'm fucking bored.

So when you said this…

And this…

It made me think, ok, probably different person, with a penchant for the understatement, but still with a small chance of just being a more lucid personality than the others.

But you went and did this… Again. A topic your suspected doppelspammer could barely go three posts between bringing up.

So now I’m back to feelings of Deja Vu.
I dont think that there's anything I could say to convince you that I am me and nobody else - but I am. But then I would say that , wouldn't I?

As i said in my original post i'm hot headed - if someone snaps at me, I snap back.

I would, respectfully, argue that this is not the case. You don't pay cash but you have submitted a number of stories to the site, which have taken your time and effort to produce. This is work, no matter how much you enjoy the process, and has a value.
People come to the site is to read our stories - that is the whole reason it is here. If you, me and all the other authors that posted here didn't, then there would be no site.

But my story contributions--however "valuable" they might be--do not put dollars into the pockets of the Site owners, with which dollars they might hire people to better administer the site the way you want them to. I realize this, so I don't expect much. I think we'd all be better off taking that attitude. It's fine to want things to be better, and to speak out about how they might be, but it's also good to put things in perspective and not get too indignant or angry when things don't go the way you want them to.

But your response does.

You just did. Would hypocrite count as another childish insult?

I could make the quality over quantity argument, but since the stuff that I have submitted here is admittedly not my best, I'll give you that point. However, even with that free space on your bingo card, here's a swift kick into your carelessly unguarded sac for ya. You, who freely admits that lit is not the only place where you post your work, arrogantly assume that lit is the only place that I do (hypocrite again?). If that's your tack, Keith has you beat hands down so take a number. Apparently your stuff is amazing (since literotica finances itself off the back of it) and mine sucks even though you've never read a line of mine. That's fine, I don't care what you think of it. I've made no remark on the quality of your work at all (since I couldn't be bothered to read it) and don't care. I haven't commented on your work at all, only on your own perceptions of it's value.

Keep 'em coming, Heming-fucking-way. I'll keep kicking you where the sun also rises until I'm fucking bored.
Bored or boring?

Hypocrite would probably count as a childish insult - and that might not make it any less true.

My sac is perfectly guarded thanks - I never made any assumptions about where you posted - I mentioned stats about this site alone. What Keith has to do with it beats the hell out of me - he's posted more - he's got a bigger following - both of which I freely admit - but it wasnt him I was aiming that comment at. Or are you saying that Keith - is an ALT of yours?

I didnt read your work - just looked at the feedback scores which told me all I needed to know about your work on here.

But my story contributions--however "valuable" they might be--do not put dollars into the pockets of the Site owners, with which dollars they might hire people to better administer the site the way you want them to. I realize this, so I don't expect much. I think we'd all be better off taking that attitude. It's fine to want things to be better, and to speak out about how they might be, but it's also good to put things in perspective and not get too indignant or angry when things don't go the way you want them to.
Again i respectfully disagree.

Its a simple equation content = clicks = cash. Thats the way the internet works.

Now, as has been pointed out previously we have no idea how the site is monetized there are adverts and ppv videos and chat rooms and the like all associated, that could bring in a lot of money - or a little money and we dont know which. but without the content which you are providing - there would be no money at all. (and by you I'm talking about all the authors)

Bored or boring?

Hypocrite would probably count as a childish insult - and that might not make it any less true.

- I never made any assumptions about where you posted - I mentioned stats about this site alone. What Keith has to do with it beats the hell out of me - he's posted more - he's got a bigger following - both of which I freely admit - but it wasnt him I was aiming that comment at. Or are you saying that Keith - is an ALT of yours?

I didnt read your work - just looked at the feedback scores which told me all I needed to know about your work on here.

I think Keith would be offended by your suggestion that I'm an alt account of his. For the record I've never read his shit either.

Now you're just getting stupider. God, you're such a fool. Let's see ...

My sac is perfectly guarded thanks

You make wild angry swings - hypocritical ones - that leave your arguments wide open for attack. You don't even understand the metaphor! Call yourself a writer?

I never made any assumptions about where you posted - I mentioned stats about this site alone.

Seriously??
in 6 months i have amassed over 10 times the following that you have in 3 years, nearly 20 times the number of stories that you have and since your average story rating so low - It appears that you're actually not a very good writer either.

Busted. Case closed. Eat shit. Let me know if it tastes better than your own words.

Judge work by numbers alone. Really. You can do that if you want. Why don't you stop writing and go be an accountant?

For your own sake, stop arguing. Or go ahead and keep embarrassing yourself.

For your own sake, stop arguing. Or go ahead and keep embarrassing yourself.
not embarrassed in the slightest - the only place you are coming out anwhere near on top is in your own head.

I never made any assumptions about where you posted - I mentioned stats about this site alone.

Seriously??
in 6 months i have amassed over 10 times the following that you have in 3 years, nearly 20 times the number of stories that you have and since your average story rating so low - It appears that you're actually not a very good writer either.

Busted. Case closed. Eat shit. Let me know if it tastes better than your own words.

Exactly how have you closed the case? - ON THIS SITE ALONE I have 10x your followers and almost 20x your numbers of stories - those are facts - not even your warped view of reality can dispute that. Another fact is that feedback scores whilst not an accurate reflection of the quality of a work do give some indication - and your's were not good (Although I will admit i read your first story and it deserved better than that)

I dont honestly think that our slinging shit back and forth between us is achieving anything - but if you want to continue - please feel free.

But my story contributions--however "valuable" they might be--do not put dollars into the pockets of the Site owners,
So, who do you think is doing that? The advertisers? Fair enough. But why do the advertisers put money in the site owners' pockets? To reach those who click into the site? Well, yes. And why do folks click into the site? To get to what? Now we've gotten to the file of stories here, which you help feed. I can't understand how you can't understand how this works.

But my story contributions--however "valuable" they might be--do not put dollars into the pockets of the Site owners,
Indirectly they do. Your stories add value to the site by attracting readers, or by keeping them here a bit longer.

Just like the forums are generally a resource sink, but they keep people here on the site, increasing engagement.

Just because you aren't paying Laurel directly doesn't mean that you don't impact the site's finances.

@PastMaster. I do thank you for your kind comment on Wheelchair Girl. To answer your question about the bloodlines it was deliberately muddied (in the Epilogue) to the point you'd never be able to tell. That's because some relationships (brother/sister) would nix them being married. By muddying it I avoided wrecking the HEA ending.

As far as this site making money on Adult, here's my experience. 20+ years ago we got 1/10 to 1/30 conversions and made lots of money. I dropped adult a few years ago when those figures reached 1/50,000. There is a lot of new stuff I've never tried (cams etc) but making money on Adult is damn difficult these days. I doubt Manu and Laurel are getting rich. More than likely, overworked on a project they started a couple of decades ago and try to keep running.

@PastMaster. I do thank you for your kind comment on Wheelchair Girl. To answer your question about the bloodlines it was deliberately muddied (in the Epilogue) to the point you'd never be able to tell. That's because some relationships (brother/sister) would nix them being married. By muddying it I avoided wrecking the HEA ending.

As far as this site making money on Adult, here's my experience. 20+ years ago we got 1/10 to 1/30 conversions and made lots of money. I dropped adult a few years ago when those figures reached 1/50,000. There is a lot of new stuff I've never tried (cams etc) but making money on Adult is damn difficult these days. I doubt Manu and Laurel are getting rich. More than likely, overworked on a project they started a couple of decades ago and try to keep running.
Comment was deserved and I'm glad it wasnt just me being dumb about the bloodlines.

I'll defer to your obviously superior knowledge on the revenue for the site.

Just like the forums are generally a resource sink, but they keep people here on the site, increasing engagement.

So the site owners love it when we have a good old slanging match in the forums - it keeps the protagonists coming back to get the last word, and others coming back to watch the bloodshed. :p

So, who do you think is doing that? The advertisers? Fair enough. But why do the advertisers put money in the site owners' pockets? To reach those who click into the site? Well, yes. And why do folks click into the site? To get to what? Now we've gotten to the file of stories here, which you help feed. I can't understand how you can't understand how this works.

You missed the point of my post completely, but that's nothing new.

Of course, I understand the basic outline of the economics of this (and every other) site: we contribute content, and people come to the site seeking content, and advertisers pay dollars to be on the site because of traffic. That's how the Web works. I think we all know that.

But what I said is still true: We have no idea what the specific economics of this site are, and as far as we know the site might just barely be staying afloat. I contribute stories, but not dollars, and my expectation of the site is not the same as it would be if I were paying to post stories here. Like everyone else, I wish some things were done differently, and I've said so on occasion, but I don't feel any entitlement to get outraged or indignant when they're not, in part because I'm not paying anything.

As far as my story contribution being a form of payment to Literotica, I don't see it that way at all. I'm getting more than a fair return for my contribution from the satisfaction I get knowing that people are reading my stories. My stories have been viewed almost nine million times in just over six years. That counts far, far more than all this silliness about scores and fairness. That was the point of my contributing stories from the beginning. I had no expectations whatsoever back in 2016 when I started about scores and contests and rewards and whatever. I just wanted people to read my stories, and I've got that, and I'm grateful.

One can't help noticing how every single topic here gets derailed into same old things, but also how ultimately pointless these discussions are even when we somehow stay on topic ;)

You missed the point of my post completely, but that's nothing new.
No I didn't. I responded to what you actually wrote, and what you've posted before. And what you got around to repeating at the end of your "rebuttal" post. Nobody has posted about your "repayment" to Literotica. Your stories (along with everyone else's) are providing the freely given product to this Web site that is the foundation of the owners' profit. And if you are suggesting that the owners of the Web site aren't making a profit off the raw product you provide for free, I give you the horselaugh.

About that original post about whether or not we should have blogs. I say no, but maybe a poll would have added to the conversation, Simon. Another thread?

About that original post about whether or not we should have blogs. I say no, but maybe a poll would have added to the conversation, Simon. Another thread?
I would say yes - purely as a medium to communicate with readers - it's obvious to me that they don't read our profiles and there is no other way to communicate.

I would say yes - purely as a medium to communicate with readers - it's obvious to me that they don't read our profiles and there is no other way to communicate.

You can't do that. It's like saying mankind can have nuclear technology and no one will makes bombs with it. It will be abused, in every which way possible, and would add probably ten times the admin headaches.

ten times the admin headaches.
Regardless of argument of all the sense it could make, history has proven time and again this is the most likely outcome.

Lit upgrades have too often been trying for perfection being the enemy of the good.

Back