Should Literotica have a blog feature for authors?

Fair enough, but if you ever start to think that this forum is getting heated and unreasonable, just wander over to the pile of excrement that is the Politics Board, and you'll realize, we've got it pretty good here.
I believe you there. Talking politics in real life is bad enough, but talking politics over internet? You have to be a serious masochist to do that

While you are right that no one among us knows, or can even hope for an educated guess about how lucrative Lit is ( although even if it's not, is kinda obvious that it could be, judging by the traffic alone), I think it is also logical to resort to some deductions about human nature. If Lit was basically a hobby that doesn't bring real profit for the owners, I am pretty sure Laurel and Manu would be in our faces, pointing it out whenever we moan and complain about ratings, about delays, queues and so on.

If they did that every time one of us complained, they'd have no time left for anything else.

And so you sit back - all smug with your little selves that once again you have chased someone off the board like a bunch of yappy little dogs.
There are definately problems with this site, and yet anyone that dares to mention them get shouted down by a bunch of mindless bullies.
If any of the site admins bothered to actually communicate with people then things might get done. But no - they hide behind their minions who just bleat the party line over and over again like perverse orwellian sheep.
The facts are there for all to see. Rules are not enforced uniformly. and I'm not talking about legacy stories - I'm talking about getting a story accepted today and the same story rejected tomorrow.
You do not know, until you post, whether a story will be accepted or rejected, which is ridiculous. The rules should be clear, unambiguous, and enforced correctly.

I have no doubt i'm going to get bleated at again by the likes of EB, and Bramble but in doing so - they only prove my point. BAAAAA!!!

And so you sit back - all smug with your little selves that once again you have chased someone off the board like a bunch of yappy little dogs.
There are definately problems with this site, and yet anyone that dares to mention them get shouted down by a bunch of mindless bullies.
If any of the site admins bothered to actually communicate with people then things might get done. But no - they hide behind their minions who just bleat the party line over and over again like perverse orwellian sheep.
The facts are there for all to see. Rules are not enforced uniformly. and I'm not talking about legacy stories - I'm talking about getting a story accepted today and the same story rejected tomorrow.
You do not know, until you post, whether a story will be accepted or rejected, which is ridiculous. The rules should be clear, unambiguous, and enforced correctly.

I have no doubt i'm going to get bleated at again by the likes of EB, and Bramble but in doing so - they only prove my point. BAAAAA!!!
This guy is like indigestion. He keeps coming back! Rolaids anybody?

Okay then - Lets discuss a little more rationally rather than just hurling insults at one another.

I submitted a poem I created for a greeting card many years ago. it was a piece of nonesense that I thought might amuse some people.

It was rejected as containing references to underage sexual activity. Now personally I cannot see how that is the case, but since I may be considered biased in this, i asked the question to people on my patreon - and also on another story site where they have a blog - the responses i got were all - no - this doesn't contain any underage sex.

comments like

'no sane person would be offended by this'

'I have a VERY difficult time seeing how this could have ANYthing to do with underage sex?
Truly I am baffled. I can't really give any meaningful advice or suggestion to how it might be tweaked to satisfy whoever over-the-top political correctnes person that got their panties in a severe twist.'

'Dirty minds see dirty thouhts even in innocence.'

The single comment that might go a little way to explaining it was this

'No sex. But there are those who think that the word "cock" is sexual but "penis" isn't.'

I used that word - because i needed a single syllable synonym for penis to fit with the meter of the rhyme.
I could have used dick, or knob i suppose but it was the first word that came to mind, and it fit.

There wasn't a single person that agreed that the rhyme contained underage sex.

I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

Last edited:
My basic view is this: This is a free site, from whose services I derive great enjoyment, and for which I pay absolutely nothing.
I would, respectfully, argue that this is not the case. You don't pay cash but you have submitted a number of stories to the site, which have taken your time and effort to produce. This is work, no matter how much you enjoy the process, and has a value.
People come to the site is to read our stories - that is the whole reason it is here. If you, me and all the other authors that posted here didn't, then there would be no site.

Now personally I cannot see how that is the case, but since I may be considered biased in this, i asked the question to people on my patreon

...it amuses me that you think the people on YOUR Patreon are unbiased.

...it amuses me that you think the people on YOUR Patreon are unbiased.
I dont - all those comments came from responses on the blog on the other story site - I purposely didn't post what my patreon subscribers posted because it wasnt constructive.
And also the reason i am asking the question here.I doubt anyone would claim that there is any bias in my favour in this forum.

No one asks you to submit stories. There are plenty of people who don't, and are still allowed to use the website and all the forums. Plenty of people who vilify and offend the site's owners still find their platform here.

If you don't feel appreciated here, then it's up to you to go. Stop acting like a victim; no one is keeping you here, forcing you to work for the site.
And so we are back to the 'if you dont like it fuck off' answer? - this is hardly reasoned argument.
My point to Simon was that he adds value to the site. No nobody asked us to - but again not the point.

I never said I didnt like the website, I said there were things i didnt like about the website. Then things deteriorated. I want to understand the reasoning behind what I feel is wrong, and ideally find some way forward to fix them. If it were just me that had these problems then your argument might have merit, but it's not. There are others who have exactly the same issues as I do, but when they challenge them - they get chased out. as awkwardlyset said - with ferocity. I understand that you guys have been here forever and have seen new people come and go and the same issues raised over and over again, but surely the fact that these issues ARE raised over and over again, must prove that they are real issues that should be addressed.

I'm not complaining about the rules themselves. It's how they are applied - can you honestly tell me that you think my rhyme above depicts underaged sexual activity and breaches that rule?

I never said I didnt like the website, I said there were things i didnt like about the website. Then things deteriorated. …
This forum in particular had a recent guest that you partially sound like when you talk about being chased out, victimized, singled out, and having your artistic integrity questioned and misunderstood by everyone but yourself. Then lashing out at all the fools. I personally am not convinced you are him, you’ve made at least a few lucid posts, whereas that other person almost couldn’t do that.

Additionally, the other had alts, or at least alternate personalities. The one we allude to seemed to me to be more than a troll with multiple screen names, he (they, but not a cool modern pronoun of the times, there were just several of him) seemed to really believe the things each of his personalities said when they said it. again, with that in the forums collective history, newish participants have gotten extra scrutiny recently, sometimes not fairly.

So a question for you. Is your work all art, and a satire of all readers, who don’t understand it, but don’t realize they don’t understand it? Your answer will resolve any doubts I and others may or may not have.

This forum in particular had a recent guest that you partially sound like when you talk about being chased out, victimized, singled out, and having your artistic integrity questioned and misunderstood by everyone but yourself. Then lashing out at all the fools. I personally am not convinced you are him, you’ve made at least a few lucid posts, whereas that other person almost couldn’t do that.

Additionally, the other had alts, or at least alternate personalities. The one we allude to seemed to me to be more than a troll with multiple screen names, he (they, but not a cool modern pronoun of the times, there were just several of him) seemed to really believe the things each of his personalities said when they said it. again, with that in the forums collective history, newish participants have gotten extra scrutiny recently, sometimes not fairly.

So a question for you. Is your work all art, and a satire of all readers, who don’t understand it, but don’t realize they don’t understand it? Your answer will resolve any doubts I and others may or may not have.
I have a single account here - and this is it. I post on three other sites other than this - although on one i have to use a different name because I joined there first and can't change it.
I'm not so pretentious as to talk about my artistic integrity - im a big enough prick without going to those lenghts - I understand that there stories of mine that will never get posted here because i'm not willing to change them to fit with the rules (timestoppers revenge being one) and stories that I have had to change - (the savage and hit man, although hitman is waiting for approval.)
I am a little hot headed sometimes, and have a tendency to spit out my dummy - which i realise that is not always helpful but i just think that if, rather than everyone in the forum saying - that's how it is live with it or leave, we could discuss things rationally and perhaps you might convince me that i am wrong or i might convince you that change might be beneficial.
The simple argument that Laurel wont change - is not in and of itself valid.
It is possible that if enough people approached her and made a request - she might listen.
This will never happen if, anytime anyone raises an issue, they are simply shouted down and chased away.
If this avenue has already been explored and found to be a non starter then that's fair. but nobody has told me that.

I would, respectfully, argue that this is not the case. You don't pay cash but you have submitted a number of stories to the site, which have taken your time and effort to produce. This is work, no matter how much you enjoy the process, and has a value.
People come to the site is to read our stories - that is the whole reason it is here. If you, me and all the other authors that posted here didn't, then there would be no site.

Again, I wonder just how the site got by before your immaculate priceless works graced it and gave it life.

If your stuff is so bloody valuable, keep it on your patreon and keep all of your own profits to yourself. Fuck lit.

And so we are back to the 'if you dont like it fuck off' answer? - this is hardly reasoned argument.
My point to Simon was that he adds value to the site. No nobody asked us to - but again not the point.

No, that's not it at all. The real point here is that you're an arrogant attention whore. So here's some more attention for you. :p

No, that's not it at all. The real point here is that you're an arrogant attention whore. So here's some more attention for you. :p
Arrogant - possibly - an attention whore probably - so thanks - but that still doesn't mean that i'm wrong. And resorting to playground insults doesn't strengthen your argument in any way. I'm not going to stoop to your level and point out that in 6 months i have amassed over 10 times the following that you have in 3 years, nearly 20 times the number of stories that you have and since your average story rating so low - It appears that you're actually not a very good writer either. I'm not going to say any of that because that would be childish - oops.

And also the reason i am asking the question here.I doubt anyone would claim that there is any bias in my favour in this forum.

But this has been explained here before, a million times. We are the wrong people to ask. Only one person arbitrates submissions here, and she's the only one you'll get a meaningful response from.

MOST of us have very few difficulties getting stories past whatever level of scrutiny she applies. In fact, I've got a story going live tomorrow that includes a kid in it. Magically, I was able to figure out the boundaries and get approved in three days. So that's probably why most of us are a bit puzzled that you keep insisting on butting your head against a wall. Stop posting here in threads like this, because it's not getting you anywhere. PM Laurel instead. Or? Quit whining.

Either way, ultimately we're not the ones who can help you.

But this has been explained here before, a million times. We are the wrong people to ask. Only one person arbitrates submissions here, and she's the only one you'll get a meaningful response from.

MOST of us have very few difficulties getting stories past whatever level of scrutiny she applies. In fact, I've got a story going live tomorrow that includes a kid in it. Magically, I was able to figure out the boundaries and get approved in three days. So that's probably why most of us are a bit puzzled that you keep insisting on butting your head against a wall. Stop posting here in threads like this, because it's not getting you anywhere. PM Laurel instead. Or? Quit whining.

Either way, ultimately we're not the ones who can help you.
I would if she ever answered any of the messages I have sent her. I have asked in advance - i have asked for clarifications - nada I just get stories sent back with "does your story contain underage sex?"
Well no - it doesnt - but they wont tell me why they think it does.

If you have figured out the boundaries then can you please explain them to me. because i have no clue. Tell me why the poem I submitted above - contains a depiction of underage sex?

I would if she ever answered any of the messages I have sent her. I have asked in advance - i have asked for clarifications - nada I just get stories sent back with "does your story contain underage sex?"

If you have figured out the boundaries then can you please explain them to me. because i have no clue. Tell me why the poem I submitted above - contains a depiction of underage sex?

It doesn't.

But it includes the word "baby" and the word "cock." Most of us here presume that Laurel doesn't actually read the stories herself, but uses a program that scans for certain keywords... those two, in the same piece, are likely to generate an immediate rejection.

Many writers here, in a similar situation, have resubmitted the same entry with a "note to admin" on the submission page, explaining why the content isn't sexual. The stories have then gone through and gotten posted.

But this gets back to my main point: all of this has been explained here, ad nauseam. You've not taken that on board so far. It's also been made clear that it's not OUR opinion that matters here, but Laurel's. You don't seem to have taken that on board, either.

So? Ball's in your court.

I will say that Laurel has never taken any time at all getting back to me, including when I was quite new here. I'll gently suggest (again; I think I've mentioned this to you before, or maybe someone Exactly Like You) that if you PM Laurel with the same sort of high-handed attitude you show on these threads, then no wonder she's not bothering to reply. I wouldn't either. She's got plenty of fish in the sea, and none of us is all that special.

How do you respond to her? By direct message or some other means?

As to your poem, just consider how the phrase "I could see the kid's cock" could be taken out of context. Is rejecting it overly cautious? I'd say so, but I don't face any risk by making the wrong call. I have seen many people come here and complain about unfair treatment, but I have yet to see any convincing evidence of any double standard applied to particular authors.

How do you respond to her? By direct message or some other means?

As to your poem, just consider how the phrase "I could see the kid's cock" could be taken out of context. Is rejecting it overly cautious? I'd say so, but I don't face any risk by making the wrong call. I have seen many people come here and complain about unfair treatment, but I have yet to see any convincing evidence of any double standard applied to particular authors.
Thank you for responding with a coherent answer.

I tried pm'ing her - also leaving notes in the 'for the admin'

Am I claiming unfair treatment - I guess I probably am, and I'll hold my hands up and accept that its probably not - but in my frustration it feels personal - Voboy says he got a story accepted in 3 days - I have had 4 stories in my queue waiting for acceptance one for over 12 days.

To be honest, I don't think the AH mod should accept that poem here in this thread. Laurel has removed it from her site before, and the forums shouldn't become a harbor for rejected work.

Again, I'm happy that my opinion doesn't count here, and I'm not going to argue whether it was right or wrong to remove that poem. Laurel and Manu's website, Laurel and Manu's policy.
An excellent point - i have removed the poem from the post.

Back