Sex & Shenanigans

giphy.gif
Morning friends! I brought homemade cookies!
Better include an ingredients list, and Indie's luscious ass better not be one. (At least not today...lol)

They are fine, but holy cats, I miss a good, real deli. One of the things I miss about NYC is a lack of decent Jewish cuisine. I have to make my own latkes. Which are good, but I miss Kornblatt’s...
Bucket list. I wanna go to a genuine delicatessen. I live in a tiny little town that has nothing, and even the bigger cities near me don't have that.

A good down to earth NY deli.
You know my daughter went to Tennessee I'm in New Jersey. She went to this place that had fantastic ice cream they made it right on site she sent me five pints dry iced. Maybe if you find a deli in New York that'll ship you a sandwich at least it'll save you the trip.

Bucket list. I wanna go to a genuine delicatessen. I live in a tiny little town that has nothing, and even the bigger cities near me don't have that.
Portland still has Kenny and Zuke's, which have the fucking best pastrami, smoked on site. But we used to have Rose's, which was a full restaurant with a fantastic deli --their Reuben was top shelf. And we had our own Kornblatt’s (two of my favorite delis on opposite sides of the country had the same name), but they both closed. It is sad.

I raté my Subway sandwiches on a list of “why when there are other places are we getting Subway? It’s the Dunkin of the sandwich world.”
Because the closest decent sandwich place is a good 15 miles away. But I would still hit my local grocery store's deli than Subway.

Portland still has Kenny and Zuke's, which have the fucking best pastrami, smoked on site. But we used to have Rose's, which was a full restaurant with a fantastic deli --their Reuben was top shelf. And we had our own Kornblatt’s (two of my favorite delis on opposite sides of the country had the same name), but they both closed. It is sad.
And I just found out that Kenny and Zuke's Delicatessen closed. Fuck me.

Because the closest decent sandwich place is a good 15 miles away. But I would still hit my local grocery store's deli than Subway.
Last time I was in a Subway was 2-3 years ago (and it had been a while). I was starving and squeezed for time, it was awful. I couldn't believe how bad it was and that it was a place I used to frequent once upon a time

Back