Rant of the day šŸ’„

*Rant*
I understand that this may lose me my man card in the process. But guys seem so thirsty on this site.
The fact is that yes, this is a sexual site. It doesn't mean that anyone can blatantly force someone to show more than they are comfortable with.
There are real people behind the screennames with real issues and real confidence issues at times not to mention real emotions as well.
When someone shares an intimate pic, they're doing so because they feel comfortable enough to do so.
It is their option when to *poof* it.
If you miss it, get over it. If you catch it, complement the poster and move on.
And complement doesn't mean share the vulgar thought you have about what you would do to said item that was shown.
I really wish Lit as a whole could raise the class factor sometimes.
Just my two cents.
Fella, I stand with you 100%. I probably lost my man card a long time ago (if I ever held one at all)

Personally, I find nothing more irritating than the phenomenon of thirsty guys (and it's mainly guys) who share nothing of themselves who expect the women to post and repost pics for their pleasure. The hypocrisy is astounding...

Running it a close second is my other pet peeve, the guy who's going to show every girl that she's special by posting a one word response to all the female pics he finds on a thread trawl in a big long list of posts completely derailing a thread and making no one feel in any way special at all.

There's so much naked flesh on this site, yet all some people can do is complain that they missed some...

The other thing that really hacks me off is men who speak up about this sort of thing are accused of only doing it to get laid. The suggestion being that it's impossible for a man to genuinely give a shit about women's safety and autonomy without there being some sort of ulterior motive rather than it just being the standard of decent behaviour. There's no expectation of reward for speaking up. I don't expect a medal for doing what everyone should be doing. Same as I don't expect a medal for not mugging someone or punching small animals. It's the baseline of good behaviour that should be expected from everyone.

A phrase that used to get thrown around a lot is "white knight". White knighting isn't a real thing. It's just a term that scumbags throw around to try and shame and silence the men who speak up against the bed behaviour of other men.

A phrase that used to get thrown around a lot is "white knight". White knighting isn't a real thing. It's just a term that scumbags throw around to try and shame and silence the men who speak up against the bed behaviour of other men.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. White Knighting is definately a thing, just it's not happening every time a guy speaks up on behalf of a woman.

Same as mansplaining. It's definitely a thing, but just because a bloke has explained something it doesn't make it a mansplain

First day back dealing with customers and I get the asshole who can't accept that getting a speed of 87Mbps on a line with an estimate of 80 to 95Mbps is fine.

But nooooooo, "I want the full speed I have paid for!"

I need a new job.

Why the fuck do those driving trains blast the horn for damn near a whole minute before AND after passing through an intersection with a roadway?!!!

I mean like we can fucking hear you half a damn mile away for Peteā€™s sake! Stop scaring the fuck out of me damn it!

Rant.
I hate the Ravens. I despise the Chiefs.
I bet the 49ers and want the Lions to win. Football sucks for me so far today.

Next damn time talk to me before adding an extra shift! It complicates my fucking day.

Ok so Iā€™m reading this book to my daughter. Itā€™s a little board book from a set of four. All of which I read to my son, first, when he was younger, a billion times.
Heā€™s 4 now and playing legos. He overhears me reading it. He said ā€œWaitā€¦ girls can do all that stuff? I thought only boys could.ā€ And I said ā€œOf course girls can. What makes you think only boys??ā€ He said ā€œbecause boys are smart and can do lots more things.ā€

Obviously we talked this one out and I corrected him butā€¦ WTF?!?
This is so fucking disheartening. Where is this message coming from? šŸ˜­

Attachments

• BDA7D2EE-E6F2-4FE9-A9F6-7C30B6BDEC0F.jpeg
    BDA7D2EE-E6F2-4FE9-A9F6-7C30B6BDEC0F.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 5
Ok so Iā€™m reading this book to my daughter. Itā€™s a little board book from a set of four. All of which I read to my son, first, when he was younger, a billion times.
Heā€™s 4 now and playing legos. He overhears me reading it. He said ā€œWaitā€¦ girls can do all that stuff? I thought only boys could.ā€ And I said ā€œOf course girls can. What makes you think only boys??ā€ He said ā€œbecause boys are smart and can do lots more things.ā€

Society?!

So disheartening to know that you can do everything right, and still lose battles. Youā€™ll win the war with him, though, you know you will.

Society?!
Right butā€¦ heā€™s FOUR. He does go to pre-k so I suppose it could be something other kids say at school. Itā€™s just so frustrating.

giphy.gif

You're a good mom and this was an important moment. There will be many more but you have time and he knows he can always talk to you. Communication is so important.

So disheartening to know that you can do everything right, and still lose battles. Youā€™ll win the war with him, though, you know you will.
You're a good mom and this was an important moment. There will be many more but you have time and he knows he can always talk to you. Communication is so important.

Thank you šŸ’œ
I paused my career to be a stay at home mom and raise my kids and Iā€™m just likeā€¦ Iā€™m not even raising feminists?! šŸ˜­

I know itā€™s a marathon, not a sprint.

Just gotta keep swimming.

(the mixed metaphors feels appropriate for parenthood)

Right butā€¦ heā€™s FOUR. He does go to pre-k so I suppose it could be something other kids say at school. Itā€™s just so frustrating.

giphy.gif
Working around elementary kids, you see this crap a lot. It is worse with middle school kids, but absolutely everything is worse with middle school students. I call it out when I can, but I am not sure what good it does. A lot of parents, heck a lot of society still pushes that.

All you can do is what you can do.

Thank you šŸ’œ
I paused my career to be a stay at home mom and raise my kids and Iā€™m just likeā€¦ Iā€™m not even raising feminists?! šŸ˜­

I know itā€™s a marathon, not a sprint.

Just gotta keep swimming.

(the mixed metaphors feels appropriate for parenthood)
A lot of it is repetition. I see this as someone on the other end of the line. I remember watching some of those feeling creep into my kid, mostly from other kids around them. Sometimes you have to be the loudest bell. And a lot of times it seems like you are getting nowhere.

My daughter is going to be a firefighter, so something worked.

Back