Rant of the day šŸ’„

Where do I start!
Today is the last week of the NFL regular season. As a Jets fan, another playoffless year. I can't rant about the Jets and NFL for years. So, I'll leave it at this.

Thank God the NCAA Champ Game is tomorrow. Go.... whoever I'll bet on tomorrow night!! And today! :LOL::ROFLMAO::eek:šŸˆ

Bet on Michigan
Warningā€¦do not bet @Bry1313 on this game because if you lose, he will make you send him a nude. šŸ˜

Iā€™d like to rant on the condiment shaming going on in this thread. Ketchup is great on most any meat! Well, only Heinz is. ;)

I got into a discussion last night with someone who had their own little rant about the James Webb Space Telescope. He said that the billions of dollars it took to design, build and put the telescope into space was a colossal waste of taxpayer money because those ten billion dollars could have been used to fix potholes, pay down the national debt, build new schools, and "How does it benefit ME directly, other than getting to look at pretty space pictures with a ten billion dollar price tag?"

If you are old enough to remember, the argument sounds all too familiar. After an exhausting bit of eye rolling, I had this to say to him:

Half a century ago, when NASA sent the Apollo Astronauts to the Moon, the cry rang out, "If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they put an end to inflation?" Or an end to poverty, or gun violence, or anything else they could think of to diminish the magnitude of what is a strong candidate for the greatest technological achievement in the history of mankind. And, of course, "With billions of tax dollars spent, how does this benefit ME directly?" And very likely, the answer is there wouldn't be integrated circuits, or electronic calculators or computers or flat-screen TV's or electric cars or even the Internet itself if not for the technological advances that were necessary to put those men on the moon.

Nobody saw that coming. And nobody sees what's coming yet from the science that brought you the JWST. But rest assured, you will reap enormous life-easing benefits from it, just as the previous generation did.

Rant over. But I'm still galled by it.

-Ben

Hmmm is it allowed if there's a layer of breadcrumbs between the meat and the ketchup?
Itā€™s allowed if you want it. Donā€™t let one persons extremely wrong personal opinion make you question your choices! šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t eat ketchup all that often. Every once in awhile I must have it on my scrambled eggs-my mom eats her eggs this way and passed it on- and it is absolutely necessary on top of meatloaf-it creates this super yummy sweet, concentrated tomato taste that canā€™t be beat. šŸ˜‹

Back