Priestess of the New Moon (Closed for Shadowlace)

Svetlana smiled her soul singing in the chaos of it all. The primal blood within enjoyed the great back and forth until all of a sudden the demonic beings just popped. Gone. Her allies had snuffed out the summoned creatures leaving the priestess in her courtesan outfit hanging in the wind. The ruby-skinned beauty quickly reassessed the room and rushed in.

Svetlana paused as she noted Milos save Natasza by taking a firebolt to the chest. Svetlana fought through the urge to stop and heal and instead, pulled one of the hairpins from her hair. The pin coated in poisons, gifted by the ladies at Ludmillas' would make the woman pass out. Thankfully the Teifling bridged the gap and struck as the blonde began to recover from her spell. It was just enough to let Svetlana stab the needle into the blondes' hip. It wasn't too deep, but the poison would work. To make sure Svetlana spun to avoid hands seeking to grapple. The pair danced and handholds happened to result in Svetlanas' dress ripping and her body becoming more and more exposed.

Svetlana began to grapple and dance with this possessed woman. She let the hairpin fall and drew another poisoned dagger and nicked the woman here and there. It was a struggle as she breathed, her own body injured from this close-quarter combat. Though as the seconds passed eventually the blonde passed out the poison had taken effect.

Svetlana lowered the woman to the ground. She stood breathing deeply her full chest exposed and only strips of her gown remain, and only they remained thanks to the various knife belts that held blades and the remaining bits up. Also, a bit of the corset remains on her midsection. Svetlana paid it no mind as she grabbed the blonde by the hair and raised her up. After that, she began to pull her up and over her shoulder. Looking at Natasza and then Milos she breathes and smiles." She's out, lets' get out of here!!!"

Milos looks over Svetlana and sort of gestures like she should tug her dress closed, but then realizes that's a lost cause. He spins, seeing two of the guards from the door coming down the hall with cudgels out. He is about to advance when Natasza tosses a bolt of purple energy at the one which wreaths him in crackling electricity. He screams and she advances on the other, blade drawn. He drops his cudgel and starts to run. Natasza looks over the fleeing brothel goers "RUN YOU DOGS. RUN FROM THE RIGHTEOUS BLADE OF THE WROCLAW." She has, clearly, had enough of this place. One man doesn't seem to run fast enough and she grabs him "Let the others know that this foul place is closed. You harbored a demon. Be glad you're not hanging from a..." she searches for the word gibbet and can't come up with it "a thing that people are hung from when ... they hang people" she offers lamely, letting him escape.

She turns and looks Svetlana over, then giggles in spite of herself "Your boobs are... never mind" then helps the Tiefling drag the woman to the carriage and into it. Milos heads up, into the heights and over the mountain towards the temple of the sun and moon. There the woman is deposited with the priestesses for exorcism and interrogation. "when we have the next link in the chain, we will let you know" they inform the trio who head home.

Though its late, Natasza stays up to have a meal with the other two. They eat a bit of halupki and wash it down with pilsner. After Milos turns in and the girls are left in front of the fire in the kitchen, drinking beer quietly in the fading light of the slowly dimming fire.

Svetlana huddles in the carriage and does not cover-up. She breathes heavily as she giggles a bit. "I don't do that enough. Think my combat instructor will make me do extra work after I tell them about this."

Back at the manor home she ate and drank and healed everyone that needed it. Svetlana enjoyed talking to everyone until Milos left and then blushed a bit as she sat in just a simple sheer robe. She had other clothes, but as it was close to the time for her to sleep she stayed up through to enjoy drinks with Natazsa.

"Looks like Milos left us. Poor guy probably is a bit drunk and tried. He did lose a bit more blood than he should."

"So are you okay? I mean after all that you saw?"
Svetlana asked placing her hand on Nataszas shoulder as she then took a drink. The Ruby skinned beauty was honestly concerned, few ever saw such things on parchment, and fewer still saw them in well, action.

Natasza stares into the fire that is keeping the chill of the too cold autumn at bay. She sips at her beer "Frankly, I am not" she crosses her booted feet at the ankle and stares into the crackling flames "what I saw tonight, no person should see. What depravity." She sighs and shakes her head, looking up at the ceiling. "I mean... what is it that makes a person get so bored with what the gods gave them that they have to twist it into ever more elaborate games to feel anything at all about it?" she takes another sip of beer and contemplates "Because let us be honest, that place and places like it existed far before the demonic corruption we are chasing, no? Places like it exist because people want them to exist and for no other reason. They aren't put there by demons or devils to tempt souls or test them. They are put there by sad little humans who just... cannot be happy with what they have. It made me very sad. I thought it would make me angry but mostly it just makes me sad"

She leaned forward, staring into the flames which reflected in her silver eyes, the light dancing on her irises. "So yeah. I am not ok." She leaned back in the overstuffed chair, almost disappearing into it "and how are you eh? This must be some kind of unpleasant reminder of things past, to be in a place like that. how are you feeling?"

Svetlana lets her hand reach out and touch Natazsas' leg. As she does she nods. "I have seen many things and done a lot. The multiple lovers, the strapped down even choked and beaten. I still indulge, I mean I did get in trouble with the Church of the Law Giver for my salacious and scandalous behavior. In fact as I have found out that the abuse I received from the Law Givers' Clergy and then with the two Dukes daughters I slept was not as bad as what you saw. However I realized that I actually loved being the center of lust!"

Svetlana looked down to the floor and shifted nervously. What hold did Natasza have over her that she bore her soul. Only the Reverend mother knew this much. "It is enticing, being wanted, being the outlet for another lust! I often indulge not only at the temple during the ritual, but also at Ludmillas'. I think its apart of me, my blood. I basically am damaged goods. What person will want to marry a Lust obsessed Devil Blooded woman? I mean just being here in the presence of someone as pure as you is, Its hard. You are so beautiful and sexy, and I just.."

Svetlana stopped as she gave in and shot up to kiss Natazsa on the lips with a deep intensity that she broke off quickly and then looked back down." Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm gonna go to bed."

Svetlana began to rise and head to her room. She didn't want to ruin anything more with Natasza. She was a beautiful and amazing woman. The priestess wanted this Lady to have a wonderful and beautiful life, one that Svetlana would never actually be able to have. Though she will try to find fulfillment in her work, eventually she'll grow to love it. However years of abuse and mistreatment she would never have the same life Natazsa would.

Natasza fallowed along after her "wait" she put her hand on her back as they reached Svetlana's room. She sat on the other woman's bed "I know, you think that... because of how you are you are bad somehow and that because of how I am I am good somehow. This is not so. We are not what our parents make us." She patted the bed "Come sit. I'll tell you a story. Is true story."

She shifted and looked over at Svetlana, crossing her legs demurely. "My great grandmother. You met her. The rings in the sky. She took human form and married the Duke of Wroclaw, then bore him three sons and 2 daughters. One son, he becomes the Duke when the father dies. My grandfather. One son, he goes to be part of clergy of the Sun god. The third, he goes to be a paladin. This is as you might expect, no? We are Aasimar. We are goodness. That is what everyone thinks. My grandfather's sisters, they marry into families prominent. Their sons they too, some of them, are aasimar. They also become clergy or paladins. My grandfather, he has three sons. One is my father the duke. One is my uncle, a priest. One is my other uncle... he is not priest or paladin."

She looked over at the darkness through the frosted glass of the window "He is most beautiful in my family. His eyes are not silver like the moon but emerald. His hair is black and his skin is milk white. He is tall and strong, and even as a child... everyone tells him... you are good. You cannot be bad you are aasimar. Your every thought is from god. He takes this to heart. He believes it. Everyone tells him always, you are good, you are beautiful." She shifts a little on the bed "Everyone he is the favorite, but inside he is broken. He tortures animals. Everyone thinks 'oh, it must be the plan of the gods.' and so... they don't take heed that he is sick inside. He beats another child almost to death.. There is inquisition into the child's family. Maybe the child is devil spawn. It cannot be that my uncle Grigory is evil. he is touched by the gods. He is beautiful and perfect."

She paused a moment, folding her hands in her lap "when my older brother, Janos is born, my uncle is no longer the family baby. He is no longer fawned over. He is 18 and it is time for him to go become a paladin. Except he knows that the gods will not let him be one. They will not give him the gifts. He is angry. He lashes out and cuts my brother's face. This is the last straw. The family must now admit he is a monster. There is an inquisition. He has been going out at night, raping women, attacking men. All are afraid to say something because he is the beloved son of the duke. Because he is like me. he is touched by the gods. But... we all make our own way. Our souls are our own and not the souls of our parents Natasza. You are not what gave rise to all this" she gestures at the tail "You are just a woman. You have the same chance of having a pure soul as anyone else."

Svetlana listens as Natasza tells her a tail of her Uncle. Svetlana had been with men and a few women like that. Ones who lusted after things they could not have. It was scary seeing them in action. However, she thought that through her actions she had helped many. Svetlana knew she had a body for sin. Many had told her over the years that the devilish look was something many thought would free them of their sin.

"I strive to be a pure soul, but I feel the urge too often. I lust far too much. When I don't indulge it boils to the surface and I become entwined with young daughters of dukes,or find a man or woman willing to just satiate it." The devil-blooded man said wondering what to say next. She was on the verge of crying. She wasn't sure why. Her heart was heavy and her mind raced. She had always wanted to find someone to be with to love and to possibly start a family of some kind.

Those thoughts hit her hard and she began to cry.
"Sorry, Natazsa, it's just I rarely get to talk to people like this. Except at Ludmillas'."

Svetlana began to cry even more as she leaned and cried on the other woman's shoulder.

Natasza wrapped her arm around the tiefling and cradled her a moment "you think that people that wear a hair shirt and go out into the wilderness are better? tsch" she waved a hand dismissively "running away from temptation is not really the same as overcoming it. It's easy not to screw any women when you live in a house full of other men. It's easy not to eat too much food when you live in the desert." She shrugged and kept her arm around the other woman "All you can do is try and sometimes you will fall and sometimes you will not fall. If you were perfect you would not be a person. you would be like great grandmother. A terrifying abstract being of interlocking rings made of eyes." She grinned at the Tiefling "there are horrors in heaven as well, you know" Then kissed her cheek. She sat on the bed with her, just being companionable and keeping her arm around her to let the other woman achieve some release.

"the point is, Svetlana, that all we really are is what we make of ourselves, and you seem to be doing very well in that regard, despite what you might feel about your progress."

Svetlana smiled as she was held and nodded. With a few sniffles, she reached up to wipe her nose. The woman didn't look up as Svetlana buried her face in the other woman's breast. As she did she just hung there until she spoke.

" Natasza, thank you" She said finally pulling her face away from the comforting bosom of the other woman. It was sorrowful having to leave the comforting bosom of Natasza, but it was needed.

"Can I confess something to you?"The fiend-blooded woman asked, even though knowing she was about to lay out something to the celestial beauty.

"I don't want to be alone tonight, Even though I want to stay in your arms to be comforted I also want to kiss you and tease you too." She then turned away and looked down as she sighed. In doing so she didn't expect the woman to reciprocate. So she continued.

" But I will go to my chambers."

Natasza sighed "thank you for your candor, and also your restraint." She gave Svetlana a squeeze "For what it is worth, Svetlana, I am glad to know you and I am glad you are my partner in all this strangeness. The gods gave you the life you had for a reason, and that life helps us navigate a true spiritual threat to this land. Do not regret who or what you are, because all of those things brought you to this moment in time. All of those things are responsible for the fact that we sit here now, on this little task." She brushed her fingers lightly along Svetlana's back, not shying away from contact though it was chaste. "Go and sleep, and we will wake AT A CIVILIZED HOUR" she stressed "after it is light and not before. If we are to... be all over town at night fighting evil I will require a full night's rest"

Back