Priestess of the New Moon (Closed for Shadowlace)

" A fit and firm blonde that is not repulsive to look at, at least while she takes 5 silver to well...enjoy a lackluster fellow like you" Svetlana says as she gives the man a side-eye and then smiles. She knew the area, she worked a month in Ludmillas' care. It was there she was found by a priestess of Meces and they saw her talent for the Divine, learned of her story, and wondered if she would be capable to connect with Meces. Thankfully Svetlana did.

Svetlana as a former Lawgiver nun had learned much about laws and contracts. In fact, her former Headrest in the city, who was a very well respected priest of the Lawgiver, let her keep all the necessary power to approve, write, draft, edit and finalize contracts as well as appear in court as a litigator. With this, she has helped a few different people. One is the temple of Meces, and the Other Ludmilla herself.

When the Matron Mother spoke and Svetlana saw the man's looks she stepped forward and leaned down. Her red eyes began to illuminate, her eyes going black save for the tiny pupil that glowed a deep dark crimson. Windows shuttered and Svetlanas' nostrils and mouth began to pour out smoke as she looked face to face with the man."Is that the underlining evil, lurking there seeking to get free. Should I let it out, feast upon it as well as your soul?"

Minor magics all Svetlana used to heighten her serums and dealings. It was theatrics but theatrics did a lot if you knew how to use them. Slowly her face began to go back to normal and smiled a big beautiful motherly smile." Or if you wish the Matron Mother or one of my sisters can pray with you and figure out the best way to keep those personal demons at bay? What do you say, would you rather be praying again for some unscrupulous demon or have a beautiful priestess fo Meces guiding you to a better more holy path?"

With that, the teifling stands back up, shifts on her hip look over to Natazsa, and smiles."Do you wish to ask anything? I figure he is not an overtly evil man.If not we can finish this conversation" was what she asked her companion.

The priestess knew they were going down into the slums, she would need to change. As she looked over to Nataza and also noted the woman would probably need to change as well. Most people down there could spot a noble or well-educated person a mile away. That sparked the rumors of money and someone would definitely try to do something.

The man turns white when she turns up the effects, feeling like she's a servant from hell sent to punish him. He swallows "I... I assure you priestess I meant no... disrespect. To you or this temple" He looked around nervously "I am most grateful to be free of that demon, and I assure you I AM free of it... there's no need for... uh... further ... attention"

He looked as if he'd rather be anywhere other than he was. Miroslava smirked, but said nothing "I'm sure we can make sure of that if you stay a few more days and pray to Helios and Meces. " She gestured "go into the temple and bask in the radiance of the sun, that it might purify you and cleanse your filthy soul"

The man left with a quickness. Natasza looked between the two, uncertain "are... I thought ..." then hmmmed, apparently trusting that Svetlana's powers are not infernal but given to her by the Moon "Anyway. Yes. We go to the docks? you are familiar with this area? I confess i have spent the last month or two more in the presence of the wealthy and powerful. I could introduce you to Duke Kazimir but I could not find the ... mermaid place... if i had a guide. I will be relying on your continued good graces I suppose"

She flashed a warm smile at Svetlana "assuming you don't also see some sort of terrible sin on my soul" she joked, gesturing around "DO you need anything before we set off down there? do we need to go back to the house?"

"I will guide you and yes I frequent the docks often"Svetlana says as she watches the Matron Mother and smiles a broad innocent smile. Miroslava has a smile as well and shakes her head. Eventually Svetlana looks away and giggles.

"Yes, I do have to get something from my room. We aren't far from Ludmilla, and Vanya is close to giving birth. I have to bring her a baby gift, Oh and changes of clothes"the Teifling priestess says with a big grin and seems to squirm with excitement. As she does Miroslava sighs and hands, Svetlana, a key.

"Try not to overdo it with the street attire and potions. I will punish you if you take too much, Daughter" The Matron says as she gestures for the pair to leave and continues to work on some papers on her desk. Svetlana reaches over and grabs Natazsas' hand and begins to lead her past some other offices and out into the interior.

Here the gardens were well manicured with both day and night-blooming flowers. the paths had a few places that opened up to the sky and allowed for one to sit or layout under the sky. Finally in the middle was a natural spring that bubbled and turned. Carvings of Meces and Helios decorated a lot of the stones, as well as statues, dot the spring, which doubled as a bath.

As they passed Svetlana lead Natasza into the dining hall and through the communal dining room. Helio Priests and Meces Priestesses sat eating and went silent when Svetlana entered. The Priestesses began to slowly talk again but the Helites glared at her . The teifling priestess seemed to let the stares roll off her back as she went through the kitchen past the cooks and turned into a nook where stairs went down to an iron-wrought door.

"I hope you don't mind dark, maybe dank places. I have to get to my room and special storage. Which is down these stairs." The woman said as she held down the stairs in which she unlocked the door and it lead to a large storage area with food and clothing and paper and whatnot. near the back were some lights lit with magical flames. Their several bookshelves stood making a little nook with a desk and covered in papers and seals. Near that was a washbasin a Wardrobe and a bed.

When Natasza came in Svetlana closed the door and smiled as she let her eyes flare to life." Welcome to my room! As for that sliver of sin within, I will need a closer look to tell..."The teifling gets closure with hunger in her eyes , before she than stops smiles dropping her spell and giggles.".. Just kidding. But you will have to change you reek of money"

Natasza looks around in awe. She hadn't really visited the temple in the two months she'd been in town. The Temple here dwarfed the one at home, in scope and grandeur. As she was led through gardens and marble halls, she gaped in real wonder "so much money in this city" She shakes her head, finding some new marvel to look at no matter where she goes. When the Helites give her new companion some looks though, she flashes a symbol showing her affiliation with the twin gods, and glares at them with all the haughty pride of her aasimar heritage. A few have the good grace to look embarassed.

Still, she follows the girl down to her own little nook, hidden away "is it hard to be down here? away from the light of the goddess?"

When Svetlana suggests changing she laughs "I have good skin, better hair and all my teeth. I don't think we can hide the fact that I come from money." She grins and sits on the bed, stretching one leg out, careful to keep her boot off the blankets though. "What did you have in mind? We can't exactly scrub away 21 years of good clean living in a nice house. I'm open to suggestion though"

Svetlana grabs a freshly sewn teddy owlbear from the shelves and grabs a bag and a ribbon. She puts the owlbear in the bag and then ties the ribbon around it, before doubling it and making it look fancy. She doesn't watch Natazsa sit on her bed as she hums to herself.

"Vanya is gonna love this!"The teifling says as she then acknowledges Natazsa." It is fine, was a compromise with the Helites. They wanted me gone completely but the Matron MOther fought for me. So I live and work here when I am here. Otherwise, I stay with Ludmilla and her ladies, oh and bois"

Svetlana looked then at the desk and began to look over a few different papers as she giggled."Nobles have servants, concubines, and other retainers that get fair treatment. We get you into a servant girls outfit, or better yet that of a courtesan. With the courtesan, we can give you some thick cosmetics and perfume and it'll show you are pampered and protected. Though it won't fool everyone. Ludmilla will find it shocking and try to clean you up. I can see her now."

Svetlana unstoppered her ink and then began to dip her quill. She begins to sign a name or two to a few documents and then flips up her stamp and then stamps her official seal on a few documents. After that, she cleans her quill in water stoppers the ink, and then grabs some sawdust and sprinkles it over the ink. After that, she brushes away the excess with the feather." And now the Church and High Priest Zbignev will have the property transfer and a nice amount of coin and potions from the local Apothacaries Guild."

The teifling then set the sack on the bed next to Natazsa, " Come I shall show you the wardrobe for you!" Svetlana gestured with her finger, the ruby flesh ending with a deep black nail. She would lead her over to a few chests and racks that held a variety of clothes. Men and Women's clothes of various fashion seasons and economic areas. Svetlana began to rummage through some and tossed a few over her arm. She was gonna make the Angel blooded woman over. They would be able to pass Natazsa off as a protected Courtesan of some noble. Able to get well taki=en care of and kept. Svetlana would not get a disguise she was well known and many would not mess with her twice. For the most part.

Natasza raises an eyebrow "you want to dress the daughter of the Duke of Wroclev like a whore." She stands and looks over the Tiefling, crossing her arms "no." she shrugs "Honestly it doesn't bother me but I have obligations to my line and our public image. Being the daughter of a nobleman is not all fancy dress balls and needlepoint. You're the face of something large, and your life is in many ways not your own. While there's a certain amount of... leeway... given to what you might get up to behind closed doors, how you present yourself on the street is of paramount importance. I don't mind a disguise, but dressing like a prostitute is right out. Milos would have the carriage halfway back to Wroclev before either of us had any notion we weren't on our way to the docks"

She reaches out, putting a hand on Svetlana's shoulder "im not saying your idea of changing me isn't a good one. I am saying that perhaps we go for something a little more dignified maybe. Like a shopkeeper or something."

She shrugs "honestly though, what is going to happen? someone robs me?"

Svetlana didn't stop getting out clothes. She let Natazsa continue on her speech. It was true Svetlana didn't know the pressures and obligations of nobility. She did know that those with it could destroy their supposed lesser.

It was that thought that made her pause. She touched the broken symbol of the Law Giver seared by divine power onto her chest. She let her hand over the symbol and sighed. She did love the Law Giver. She still practices some of his teachings and reads his works. She doubted the Law Giver themself really partaking in a same-sex threesome with two nubile young noble maidens. It was the mortals, feeble and weak who had judged her and condemned her.

Still, without that interaction, she would not be here, with the stunning beauty that was Natazsa Wroclev."We could make you a priestess. Though another priestess within that area would arise suspicion but would also keep you mostly protected"

As for the last part, Svetlana stands, her body including her tail went still. It took a good minute for her tail to begin to move and she pivoted with speed and looks at Natazsa. Her red eyes were wet from a mix of anger and pain. "For a woman like you, much, as much as some of them can take! Your money your innocence, your body, and even your life! I have lived there I have suffered..." She spun back around and breathed.

As she rested her arms back on the huge chest in front of her, she breathed steadying herself. She would not retread those times. The tiefling would move past and head on to the next subject.

"Sorry, yes, you could do the merchant's daughter or wife, but you are still too refined. I may say a maid in service to a noble house may work as well. It is up to you though in the end." Svetlana said having turned to face Natazsa a few tears had fallen as she showed a smile and a bit of sincerity on her face. THoug it held back things she wanted to shout at the woman but didn't.

Natasza cups Svetlana's cheek with utter tenderness, brushing her thumb along the cheekbone "oh Sveta." she sighs and wraps an arm around her "why do you cry so? hmmm? for me or for you?" She keeps an arm around the Tiefling "I cannot imagine how hard it is to live on those streets, or the things that must have happened to you. You are an outsider, marked by your past. Children are cruel and so are men I imagine." She let the priestess go. "do not worry for me. I like your idea of going in disguise, but I show you something yes? I am not... helpless." She brought both hands up to hold Svetlana's face, her fingers exerting just enough pressure to be felt. "I promise you i bring more to this endeavor than a carriage and a grumpy manservant."

The girl took some of the assembled clothes and set them aside, then took Svetlana's hand "Come." she led her back through the temple, to the kitchen and grabbed a melon. She moved up to one of the gardens, setting the melon about 100 feet away. She muttered a word, and two bolts of force leapt from outstretched fingers. One blazing with the fire of Helios, one the cool clear white light of Meces. They both impacted the melon, smashing it into a hundred sticky fragments. "No one takes my virtue without a fight, lovely Sveta."

She turned and took the other woman's hand again "so ladies maid? I assume I cannot have armor then."

The Teifling is shocked at the embrace. She blinks and then just sobs. It was tears she often held back, only the Matron Mother and Ludmilla saw them, now Natazsa saw them. The horrors of the punishments she was given at the orphanage, the punishments of the Law Giver, the Lessons and Reprimands given at her 'hearing', and then the weeks she was alone on the street before Ludmilla.

"for..me"She says sheepishly as she sniffles and embraces Natazsa back. Svetlana clutches her strong arms tightening about the angelic woman, as she buries her face in her shoulder taking the time to just let it out.

After a moment, Svetlana sniffles and then slowly leave the warm and comforting embrace. She wipes a bit of water from her eyes and nods. She remains quiet as she follows Natasza. AS the woman sets up the melon Svetlana begins to stare at the woman. She was almost glowing in the light. Then they release two orbs and watched as they destroyed the melon with a bit of shock.

"I see, I have seen something familiar from a lowlife in the docks. He thought to recruit me for some nefarious end. I know not who but I trounced him and sent him to the stockade. I doubt your's are from the same source though?"Svetlana notes before Natazsa grabbed her hand. A slight deeper purplish-red blush crossed her cheek and she giggled.

"You have very soft hands. And NO we can get you armor. I shall borrow a shirt of chain mail that should fit. It's not a full set just a simple shirt. It'll fit beneath the exterior clothes. That way no unexpected knife in the back."The priestess says as she pulls forth a couple of different maid outfits from a couple of the Noble houses here.

Natasza nods "you met great grandmother" she points up, referring to the being that had hovered in the sky the night before. She turned to the clothes, not sure about the need for these precautions, but willing to trust the Tiefling who knew the streets better than she did. She let herself be outfitted in the chain shirt, though she wasn't sure how to move in it just right, then the heavier clothes of a servant. That was fine, given the late autumn chill. It was unseasonably cold this year. Something about the weather patterns that had fed into the Sewochi famine, if that insufferable wine magnate's droning lecture the other night at dinner had any merit to it.

They took the carriage to the basin, but could hardly go about in it with the insignia of the house of Wroclev emblazoned on the side. Milos shook his head at the disguise and shrugged his shoulders, then secreted a number of knives about his person and paid handsomely to keep the carriage at an inn with a stable.

From there, they walked to the dock area, finding themselves in the environs of the whorish mermaid, as dusk began to fall. This was the time to find the streetwalkers, poor women who had no choice but to ply their trade even in the cold of the autumn night.

Last edited:
Svetlana had changed as well. She donned a more commoner outfit. Her skirt was sturdy wool but had a moon and ivy embroidery on it. Her Corset matched the skirt being a slate blue color with polished white wooden buckles, with silvertip laces. her shirt was pearl color with a silver sheen, the lace all pearlescent. Her bosom was exposed showing her brand. The cloak she wore was a deep midnight black with spots of silver to signify stars. She even had removed her coif and begin to let her deep red hair that looked black in the light fall in loose ringlets that showed she was exotic and alluring.

She grabbed her present, some daggers which she slid into places Natazsa didn't think a woman should or could hold steel. A basket was full of hot little round bread-looking buns. She also grabbed a few water skins that were full and then finally grabbed a spear with the two crescent moons under the head. As she loaded the items into the carriage she smiled.

"They are for the woman and men who work the streets. As well as the urchins. Though we look for Legion, I can't go down there and not help offer them kindness and blessings on behalf of Meces. The Matron Mother and the church have helped me so much that I have made it my mission to help those in the Mermaid. Ludmilla supports me as doa few of the Gangs and Guilds."Svetlana said her voice soft but passionate. She was eager to get down there to try and reach and help those in the District in hopes to make them feel like someone other than themselves is concerned and caring about them.

"We are here. First, we go inside. Ludmilla should be there and I need to see Vanya. She is in her ninth month. The poor girl was barely nineteen winters and already on her second child by a man who just wanted a release. Did you know she was given up by her family? Yeah, they couldn't afford her or even have a dowry to offer a man should he wish to marry her. So they pawned her off to a merchant at 12 and sent her off to wind up here." Svetlana was slightly mad, but it was faint. What was more apparent in the member of her voice was the fact that she couldn't do more for this Vanya.

On the street, the red-skinned tiefling had her bosom exposed to the night air as she gestured with the spear to the Mermaid and smiled." We go inside first. Papa Caz may be inside, though he is odd he is good for information. We will get an idea of what the sense of the street is, You will hear many names and titles lobbed at me. Ignore them for now. I have a reputation both good and bad."

Svetlana lead them around the gaudy painted wooden building. It was also strange. It was Four stories, with multiple additions some having rooms over handing the street on wooden stilts. The wood was all different types but the paint over it was pinks and aqua blues. The roof was actual wooden shingles patterned after fish scales and apparently painted in some iridescent paint on blueish-green color. On the front were two double doors with a fancy wooden woman that donned the center. It was a bit weather-worn but was clearly modeled after a woman with well ample curves. It was painted to be realistic. AS for the handles were placing your thumbs on her hips and pulling out.

Svetlana leads you inside and smells of liquor, incense, candles, perfume, smoke, sweat, and sex wafted out to greet you. Couches cushions and a few veils dropped her and there. The bar was on the far side with two doors, each leading to stairs. Scantily clad women and men played their trade-in hopes to get some coins from patrons. Patrons were here to some livered and others affluent business owners.

Behind the bar stands a tall man with a lot of tattoos. He had most of his head shaved but the stripe in the center. This was braided into a thick long braid that touched the floor. He wore an open vest of silk with tight pants. You could see his codpiece which was a long and flamboyant affair. The man had a bit of makeup with a broad smile in a mustache and goatee.Seeing the teifling he smiled." Blessed One, welcome back, I wasn't expecting you with the new moon still out?"

"Greetings Papa, I had come back to see you. I mean come now Papa who wouldn't pass up an opportunity to spend the night with you!" Svetlana says stepping in. It was a warm and strange welcome, especially with the tension in the air.

"Oh these are my friends Mikos and Natalya, they are fine, and also wish to have your special service if you catch my drift!"Teh Teifling says with a coy smile. She knew Papa Caz was a thug and pimp, but he was great for information. Espeically in a place like this.

Last edited:
Natasza looks over the assembled adventurers, most of the mermaid's patrons were there for the opportunity to find a group, or pick up a piece of talent that was lacking in their team. Not usually a place for brothels, with the pimps being of a different sort... pimping naive young adventurers out to groups that needed them. Papa was different, but a man of his ilk could be found nearly everywhere in this town. Even the mermaid.

The young aasimar watched two drunken Volks brawling with a big Ludowy, while the patrons merely cleared a little room for them. She wrinkled her nose in distaste, and Milos moved between her and the fight, Svetlana noting the knife that came easily to hand.Natasza looked over at the pimp then back to Milos who shrugged. They chattered a moment in their native tongue, then Papa responded in kind.

Milos put his hands up and laughed, tucking the knife back away when the brawl was ended by a quick spell from an irritated elf. Papa leaned on the bar, looking the Tiefling "you buying or selling ass tonight?" he winked lewdly "If you're buying I don't know any alley girls that can take on all three of you. I mean, one at a time maybe but you know for the real crazy shit you should go uptown and pay a little coin."

Svetlana seems to ignore the fighting and focused on Papa Caz. As she watched him interact as well as Milos and Natazsa, smiled as she chuckled and then shook her head." Oh what I look for is here Papa, you also know you couldn't afford me if you wanted!"

She giggled and then began to lean in and as she did she produced a simple contract written in the Legal language. It was full and rich but also simple. "Oh look some careless merchant has left this here contract with the name Caz on it stating he is perfectly free to ply his game of chance without city interference, I mean flash the paper and the seals, most of the guards will look the other way."

Svetlana was shrewd the permit was only good for a season but was one that would allow Papa to operate freely for a time in the next rung of the city."But you only get this if you can give us information about a Sewochi woman named Kamali?"

The man deftly pockets what she's offered and leans against the bar "hmmmm. Don't konw the girl" he turns away from her as if to resume his drinking, then smirks and turns back "oh. the Sewochi Kamali. oh yes. her."

He sits a moment and contemplates "She works the nearby alleys. She's got a fine figure. Busty and hippy as those women tend to be. Rich dark skin, so dark a brown its almost black. she'd be beautiful but she was poxed as a child. She's got scars all over from it, little white disks that show against the dark. She's also blind in one eye from it, bit disconcerting. Shame really, she's a quality lay and a genuinely nice person. Still, she can't get a good price or work in a reputable house. She looks after some of the other girls. She's quick with a blade and fiercely protective. She's a good lass. Good head on her shoulders. If she had some capital she'd make a good madame i'm sure, but... things are what they are. All the worse now that famine refugees are arriving. She's less exotic than she used to be. Still..." he shrugs and sips at his ale, setting it down "about now she'd be on one of the corners round here. They chase them from the door here, as this is a proper adventurer's tavern. Can't have some slattern cheapening the joint" he rolls his eyes, then turns to look over the motley crew of killers and thieves and mad mages infesting the common room "I mean look at this fine lot of humanity... and ...dwarfanity? not really sure what the word is there. Elfness" he chuckles "She hates the cold, like most southerners she's not used to it. You might find her over by the blacksmith, drawing in the residual heat of the forge."

"That is good to know, Also remember that you can't wave that around willy nilly, some guards will question it and you know what will happen!" Svetlana says to the man and smiles showing her sharpened teeth. The Ivory bright and in amazing contrast to her skin.

"I'll go check her out. If what you say is true me and my compatriots will have a good time for sure, Also put the word out that I am out and about. Any girls or urchins who want food will have it, as well as water and healing as long as I have them. After I talk to this Kamali!" She winked at the man, before turning and heading over to Natasza and Milos. She let her hers and tail sway seductively as she passed a few of the more handsome-looking mercenaries. After a minute she then sees Natazsa and Milos and closes in close.

She gestures for them to follow her into a small alcove and once inside she begins to gesture with her fingers. AS she does she speaks some harsh stern words in the language of law. Glyphs flare to life and the three in this alcove would not be heard and understood by any but those in the group when the spell cast or using certain spells.

" I warded us from easy dropping. Papa told me that we should find Kamali near the forge."The priestess says as she looks about. "I can take us to the forge. After that, I told Papa to circulate I was in the slums with food and water, as well as a healing aid. That may draw the other woman too us if Kamali doesn't give us any other leads!"

The walk to the forge is short, but cold. Gathered around the covered but otherwise open area of the blacksmith are a few of the night folk. The stones of the forge retain the residual heat of the blazing coals used for the melting and tempering of iron, and radiate enough of that heat to make the autumn chill bearable. There are a few women, tossing dirty comments out to the drunks and merchants stumbling about the streets of the dock quarter. A few "rent boys" as well, provocatively dressed in tight breeches (not the fashion) designed to draw attention to the line of their cocks... or whatever they stuff in their pants to give the illusion of size. Often the young men are prettier than the women, fey and svelte and heavily made up.

One of them propositions Svetlana, and after a moment she would see it is her old friend Gaspard, a Volkish immigrant too old to be walking the streets and obviously heavily made up to cover his age. Last she had seen him he'd been a kept man for some rich widow, but obviously times had taken a turn. With him was an curvacious Sewochi woman, whose face was unfortunately marred by silvery scars showing that she survived the pox. One blind eye stared with one good one as she looked the trio over "Come to pass out bread and scare off the customers sister? We'd rather a bit of silver in our pockets to make the rent and keep the chill off, then some day old bread and a bit of dried fruit"

Her tone is slightly serious, and slightly mocking, but she seems friendly enough. Gaspard rolls his eyes "eat a bit, woman, and youll have more strength to collect that silver and lift a few purses."

"If they were smart they would still come over, You my dear seem worth the coin, despite my presence"Svetlana said as she held out the meat bun and gestured for Natazsa or Milos to offer the wine or water. Svetlana winks at Gaspard and smiles. As she does she passes the seasoned man a bun and chuckles.

"Look I came here to administer just food and drink. I also offer magical healing should the ladies need it. I have been here in these streets, fighting a variety of thugs and hungry men. I have earned coin and watched it get taken. The sisters of Meces saw my potential and let me live in their temple, and now I am a full-fledged sister." Svetlana then looked to Kamali straight on and smiled."I also came with coin"

Svetlana produced from her bosom a solid gold piece. It was a legitimate one as she smiles letting the moonlight glint off the yellow metal disc. She then slides the disc up her sleeve and winks."What do you say we go inside somewhere for a meal, some conversation, and if you are good more money than just one gold piece?" She says shifting on her hip to let the Swaochi woman get a good look at the deep ruby skinned beauty her eyes deep and her hand on her hip showing off her figure. She was a beautiful and alluring creature, one her former headmaster told her was built for sin.

"Choice is yours' Love, Meal and Conversation in a warm place, with the offer of more money then a little roll in the hay will give you or would you prefer to stay out here in the cold waiting for a few silvers and a quick passionless encounter? You never know if you play your cards right I may let you have a taste of sin?" Svetlana says shifting again as she seeks to get a woman in hopes of her to take the bait. Which Papa wouldn't lie she was a beautiful woman.

The Sewochi woman eyes the coin "just talk? I don't run that way..." she trails off, gesturing at her and Svetlana "you can watch me with the guy. That's as close as I get to that sort of thing" she draws a shawl around herself, clearly cold despite the residual heat of the forge.

Milos frowns "the sister here" he gestures at Natasza "Is pure of spirit"

"I notice you didn't say nothin about yourself or the devil woman." The Sewochi rolls her good eye "But I take that to mean conversation isn't code for a foursome."

Natasza mutters something in Ludowy at Milos who looks put out, then offers the woman a smile "I am not here for you in your professional capacity. Neither are my companions. We genuinely would just like a minute of your time, and in exchange you can have that coin and a warm meal."

She looks over to Svetlana and leans in, whispering "where are we taking this lady for a warm meal? The.... inn.... the mermaid... it doesn't really seem physically safe. All those armed men and drunken spellcasters... it seems a recipe for disaster. IS there somewhere else nearby we could eat?"

Svetlanas' brows lowered as she heard about the womans' lack of accepting her offer. She would show the Sewochi woman a whole new world of pleasure. A hard cock is nice, but another womans' embrace is something divine! Still she needed to know what this woman knew.

"My spirit is Meces, she is the final arbiter of my souls' purity. Though Mikos and you in the raw embrace of sexual congress is appealing, no we just need to talk. Svetlana reiterates as she then hears Nataszas' words. She nods and then whispers back.

" Should be The Crooked Teeth, it's a little place a block away. It is a small tavern known for its eel pies! The Owner Mistress Darva is a old friend. She has a few private dining areas we can use."Svetlana says as she points towards a small slope.

["If you want a meal we are heading to The Crooked Teeth."The priestess says with a smile. Her teeth barred as she bows and begins to head that way. As she does she speaks to Gaspar.

"Stay warm old friend, and may the mercy of Meces protect you" She gave the old man a wave and wink. Gaspar was a good friend, one who helped her out when she was cast out of teh Law Givers' service.

The crooked teeth is poor but proud. The owner greets Svetlana warmly, offering a hug and a mug of beer. He gestures her in "Sit Sit" and a few minutes later sizzling platters of cevpapi and mountains of pogacha bread appear on the table with pitchers of pilsner. The decor is shabby, but the walls are solid and there's no draft so the autumn air is kept at bay. The few patrons in the bar know Svetlana, and don't remark on her hellish appearance, instead taking her in stride as always.

Over the din of customers, the prostitute leans in to talk with Svetlana. She looks over at Natazsa and Milos "her I buy as a priestess, but him? He's no paladin. he's a killer. And they chatter at each other in Ludowy. Why you bring this foreign killer and his mistress to see me eh?" She takes a bite of pogacha, eating the bread like she's not eaten all week, and cramming a too hot cevpapi in after. "not that i mind the meal and a coin for not working" she sips at her beer and then drains it, pouring another for herself like the trio is about to push her back into the cold.

"Still, I'm mighty curious as to what the likes of the three of you want with a girl of the streets like me. Sewochi are exotic still here, though less with the famine refugees starting to arrive, but I'm no looker. So you must want to know something I know, or want me to do something the likes of you can't dirty your hands with."

Svetlana accepts the hug and looks at the older fatherly figure with fondness."I know, It's been too long. We will catch up, I know Kole has probably mastered his craft by now! Later though later"Svetlana says as she grabs a beer and begins to drink some.

" Mikos is her hired man. An inquisitor is not a person to go unprotected and Mikos protects Natalya with his life. He also is not a bad cook or a bad lay."Svetlana says with a smile as she takes a piece of bread and begins to pull apart some and beings to eat on it.

"Well Papa Caz, has a great eye and ear for this sorta thing doesn't he. I almost feel like I should have given him something more than just a temporary work permit." The priestess says as she giggles and eats more bread. The Sawochi woman wasn't wrong, she wasn't the best to look at, but she was exotic. That dark skin was something impressive. Kamali knew her worth though and that also was something that she had grown accustomed to. Even Svetlana knew here on the streets you knew your worth, but also your skills and applied them in crafty and cunning ways.

"Very astute, yes we brought you here for you to answer some questions. Aside from the meal and drink, you'll get some coin. If you want maybe even a bed for the night to yourself?"Svetlana reiterated to the woman as she smiled."The Meal and Drink are fine, but if you don't answer the questions then no more coin is to be had, nor a room possibly earned. Not bad for a possible hour of work right?"Svetlana continued noting that if the woman refused to answer the questions the meal and drinks were all she was getting.

The sewochi woman eats as if the meal will be stolen away out from under her. "I've got a bed devil woman. " She grins "but a coin is worth more than a bed, to the hungry and cold. Give me your coin and I'll answer what i can. Know this though, I won't be answering any questions about Kemal" Kemal was the shadow broker who controlled information in the City's underworld. "No coin worth the rest of my life. So you know... keep your questions to things that concern rich folk like yourselves and don't have nothin to do with that man or his business and we will be just fine."

She finishes her food and pours another beer from the pitcher, turning to look over at Svetlana directly. Milos looks around, bored, and Natasza moves her chair in, sitting next to Svetlana, brushing her side as she moves in "what's going on?" she asks quietly, her one arm around Svetlan's shoulder "Does she know the woman?"

KAmali smiles "and what woman would that be then?"

"No not about The Broker. The Broker is as the Broker does."Svetlana says her eyes flashing in a bit of abject anger as she knew not to poke into the shadowy figure known as Kemal. At least Svetlana had always known them as The Broker. The Sewochi woman though was smart to say it up front and in the open, as nay one could be an eye and ear of the supposed phantom information broker.

Svetlana smiled when Natasza got in close and stifled a giggle. To giggle like a school girl would have been a sign of weakness one she knew she shouldn't show. Instead, the teifling held firm studying the woman before her.

As her ruby eyes looked over the woman Natasza asked her questions. Svetlana was about to tell her the truth of the matter when Kamali spoke first. Svetlana sighed and shook her head. "Yes we have come here to ask about a woman. A specific one. The woman in question was said to be an acquaintance of yours. My friends here have a description of her."

Svetlana then looked at Natasza and gave a look that says your up. All in all, Svetlana would interject should she need to. The Temple had brought Natazsa in for a purpose, and well Svetlana did want to see how well the heiress could handle a simple bit of information gathering.

Natasza nods to Svetlana and leans in more. She looks Kemali in her good eye and takes her hand, subtly passing a coin into it "The woman we are looking for is tall, blond like a Ludowy. She is cleaner than most who live on the streets, has all her teeth. She dresses more like a woman of some means than a streetwalker. Her behavior might have recently changed somewhat. We were told she was part of your group but we didn't see her at the forge tonight."

Kemali nods "i know exactly who you mean. Anna. She's not a Ludowy she's aVolk. At least by heritage. She's Gradzlatan. She used to come around... We always knew she wasn't one of us. She'd come down, clean and well fed, looking tired from a day's work. She never haggled about the money. She'd come and go and she had a ... " she fumbles with the words as Gradzlatan is a second language. "She used to come down and fuck like fucking was the purpose and not the money, but also like.. it wasn't about the act. It wasn't love of the game. It was... she always seemed like she was punishing someone whenever she was working. Like she had a fight with her man or whatever, so she got revenge by coming down and sucking as many cocks as she could in a night. And she ... had a darkness in her. Sometimes a the end of the night if she made a good bit of coin she'd find some woman or young man who hadn't had a good night and she'd.. push them to do things they weren't comfortable with in exchange for most of what she made."

Kemali sips at her beer "She did change. About a month ago she started taking all the roughest trade. All the men that your instinct says to avoid. She sought them out."

Svetlana nods and presses another coin into the woman's hand "and where can we find this Anna?"

Kemali sighs "She got herself a full time job at a brothel in the eastern heights. Its a respectable place. It appears like a house, you have to have a code to get in."

The Sewochi woman describes the neighborhood, and the house. It should be easy enough for the trio to find, if they are so inclined.

Svetlana listened her tail languishing swaying enjoying the closeness with Natasza. The devil-blooded woman wasn't sure why she was drawn to this woman but here Svetlana was missing out on the last night of the ceremony to investigate a demon, but also staying with this woman. It was strange, especially as she hadn't known this woman for long.

"Anna seems like a woman who liked sex and couldn't get it. I have seen a few of the more noble ladies who loved dalliances in a few different places. Often drawn to the exotic and forbidden. Though I don't have to tell you that Kamali. I bet you do quite well" Svetlana said as she smiled devilishly. It was no secret that the nobility and well-to-do enjoyed a bit of the strange. Svetlanas' own history as a streetwalker and later a brothel girl showed she made a lot of coin.

Svetlana plied coin when gestured too and when the Sewochi woman spoke of the place, Svetlana had an idea where it was at. A gold piece was flashed before palming it back into her sleeve. "Directions and description are all good, but what about the code? A gold for the Code?"

Svetlana was leaning on the table now. Her elbows pressed in as she let her solid ruby eyes glare into the face of the Sewochi woman. Her mouth full of fangs were barred in a twisted smile and the very look on her red ruby face spoke of an unnatural hunger. Only those with the blood of the lower planes could pull off such a twisted and unsure visage. To those looking she seemed to have a face that looked as if she would eat the woman across the table. Whether she was going to eat her flesh or eat her sexually no one but Svetlana would know.

Back