Polyamory: Lots of sex, Even more scheduling

lc69hunter

Thoughtful
Today's Wall Street Journal had a provocative article titled as above, and not surprisingly, given the audience of WSJ readers, did not allow comments. The under headline said that open relationships are having a moment. They of course interviewed several couples in polyamorous relationships, but went on to say that consensual non-monogamous relationships are now in the open, and talked about the issues, with family, inlaws, and related.

The article quoted a study from the Kinsey Institute (they didn't link the study, as I would have like to see the detail), that said that 22% of Americans have engaged in consensual non-monogamy (called ethical non-monogamy).

The Kinsey survey also said that an additional almost 33% have that fantasy and that 80% would act on that fantasy if given the chance.

One soon-to-be-published analysis of 26 studies found no differences in relationship satisfaction, sexual satisfaction, commitment or relationship length between those who practice consensual non-monogamy and those who are monogamous, says Amy Moors, an assistant professor of psychology at Chapman University and research fellow at the Kinsey Institute, who is lead author on the study.
People tend to be more committed to their primary partners in terms of building a life together and have more sex and more sexual satisfaction with their secondary ones, says Rhonda Balzarini, an assistant professor of psychology at Texas State University and research fellow at the Kinsey Institute, who has conducted research on this.

A funny comment from one of the those in a relationship. she said that some nights she sleeps with her husband in their room, and sometimes with the boyfriend in his room, but when she is sick of both, she sleeps in the guest room.

I've always found myself in polyamorous relationships since I first started dating. I think for a sigificant minority of us, it is just the way we are.

The scheduling piece is incredibly true. When my wife and I first started, she was constantly exhausted trying to juggle our relationship, work, family, friends, and whatever dick she had on the side. She felt overwhelmed because on any given day she had at least two people from those different facets demanding her time. It took some time for her to find a balance, and of course part of that was reinforcing to her that she didn't have to worry about me. I would often happily give up whatever plans we might have had in order for her to go get some new cock because I knew that when she came back home to me, we would have plenty of fun of our own. We ended up setting specific days of the week aside for her to focus on whatever guys she was talking to at the time. Like that last comment of the article said though, there were also times when she just wanted to have everyone fuck off and leave her the fuck alone lol

I sometimes think about the idea of my wife having a full time polyamorous relationship with her current boyfriend. We move him in. Convert our spare room into a bedroom for them, complete with a double bed. Mrs. Screwher then alternates where she sleeps and has sex with. I would still watch them screw on occasion. But it would be understandable that most nights they would want complete privacy. Their bedroom door closed and actually making love as they’re now in a relationship as opposed to just “fuck buddies”.

It wouldn’t just be about the sex though. It might be hot just watching them as a regular couple. Cuddling on the couch. Walking around the house naked together. Going out on “date night” together then coming home for a rigorous sex session.

But then reality sets in. I’m just thinking with my cock. Everyday relationship stuff would be a part of this. I don’t think I’d want my wife doing things like spending holidays at his families place. Or for my wife taking our time away to help him deal with any issues that a wife would for her husband. And of course, I don’t want my wife to be in love with another man.

Back