Polar Vortex vs Solar Vortex

For those of you that have never had them, Revels are a small bag of assorted milk chocolates with different centres. You get a random mix of orange cream, coffee cream, caramel, chocolate raisins, chocolate buttons and Maltesers.
But the catch is that it’s very difficult to tell exactly what you’re eating until you bite into it.

I learn so much from our torrid affair.

Tonight I made sausage and pasta with tomato basil sauce.

Pasta: - the eggs were fresh from a local gentleman's farm, the owner of which I've known for 30 years. The flour was from the store. The EVOO was part of a cask I imported from a small operation in Sicily back in May.

Sausage - made fresh by the same farmer that gave me the eggs. The pig was wallowing in mud just last week (he got it at the local fair last week)

Sauce - neighbor's tomatoes. Another neighbor's herbs. Salt and pepper from the store.

So except from the salt, pepper and flour, my whole dinner was produced by someone I know.

Some little old lady showed up at the Savage Manse just now. A census nazi.

For years the Census Nazis have been mailing me stuff and calling me - threatening to throw me in the gulag for not answering their questions.

Well... they finally got me. I was sitting on the porch minding my own business when census nazi walked up the driveway. I thought she was a church lady, but no such luck.

She wanted to come in but I made her stand in the sun. She proceeds to ask me personal questions and type stuff in her ipad. Mostly I said "no comment"

She did get me to reveal my name and birth date though and that I live alone.

I'm surprised she didn't walk up and say, "Show me your papers, Comrade."

you are now part of the borg, sir.

It was a dirty trick to send a little old lady. It's in my nature to be kind to elders. I'm a giver, really.

Had they sent a man of my age or younger I'd have given him the bum-rush offa my land!

It was a dirty trick to send a little old lady. It's in my nature to be kind to elders. I'm a giver, really.

Had they sent a man of my age or younger I'd have given him the bum-rush offa my land!

"THEY" have evidently been studying you for some time now to ferret out your weaknesses in order to make you part of the collective.

<cue spooky mystery music>

0177.jpg

I haven't felt like going to bed the last two nights, so I didn't . Now I'm soooo sleepy but I still don't want to go to bed.

Last night I watched really bad Japanese movies all night. At least I thought they were bad; they were in Japanese and I don't speak any languages so I didn't know what they were saying.

Whilst I dusted your snowbabies. With a hammer.

Hey.... We have a thing here called Hospice (I don't know if you foreigners have such a thing). They said they'd take all my brickabrac and use it in raffles to raise money.

Now I have to box up all the crap... my attic is full of all those little boxes.

The FedEx guy just dropped off my monthly wine club package.

I really want to open a bottle, but it's not even 9 am yet.

On the other hand... I live alone so nobody will judge me if I drink wine for breakfast.

But I'd know, and I already know I'm not rowing with both oars in the water. Drinking wine in the morning would only add to my uniqueness.

Sometimes I think I need a list to keep track of all my lists.

I use MS OneNote - which is a highly under-appreciated program, and works great on the computer. But when I'm out and about I prefer to have a piece of paper in my hand to tell me what to do next.

Back