Pick a used car for my 16 yo

My daughter convinced me that I wanted her to be safe so she needed a big pickup truck. I made sure she could drive mine, change the tires by herself, etc. Then she took my truck and I got the used one.

Looking for any gearhead/car enthusiast advice....

Looking for a used car or SUV for my 16 yo daughter. As you might guess, cost of the vehicle, cost to insure (basic coverage), safety and dependability are crucial. I want a US domestic brand (non-negotiable--not worth debating either).

Has anyone managed to find that unicorn car? What did you get? Are there any I should lean towards? Or away from?

Thank you for any advice you can provide!!

Yea Michigan!
Yea USA choice. It does matter.
4 wheel or all wheel so she is safe in our winters. Look for a small pick ups or something that is less cool. They will have the lease abuse and the best price.
:):):):):):):)

Over the years I've owned ford, Chevy, dodge, Toyota, honda, VW and Subaru. A lot of those were beater second cars while i was in the military and since I retired from the military I got a job that gave me a new company cars every two years. So I've driven just about everything. And what brand of car did I get my daughter - a Subaru, they make really safe cars with AWD.

Now I understand living in Michigan that you want an american car, but Subaru has a big plant in America. I don't think that you would want to try and tell those auto workers that no one should buy their cars because they are foreign.

So my suggestion is get the Subaru and a "made in America" bumper sticker to go with it.

Back