Personal Protection (closed)

I pulled out a chair and sat. Thankfully the chairs were cushioned and my t-shirt went under everything and over everything it needed to .. enough that I wasn't flashing anything.

I listened to him while I picked up a knife and fork. Cutting into some tomato.

"The media is going to wonder why suddenly you're glued to me." I perked a brow looking over at him. Eating the piece of tomato and cutting some egg on the toast with bacon on the side.

"Nowhere else is as bad as Brad's. The rest of the week will be readings, and going on set on that commercial Kaz has me doing for that new swimsuit designer. Oh.. and some book store coffee thing with Reginald who had me as cover art for his lead character on his book."

"So, how would you handle the commercial people? They're.... bossy, controlling, hate anyone on set who isn't either talent or agents.." I was curious what he'd do there.

"Oh I'd never hear the end of it from my mom if the tabloids started running stories that we were an item. She's kind of a fan." I said laughing. For some reason my mom just couldn't get enough of celebrity gossip which is why I hadn't told her who I was protecting. She'd be hounding me nonstop for details.

"I'll get with Kaz and get the contact information for the photo shoot. They'll have security people that I can coordinate with to get things squared away. I can be pretty persuasive." I said as I lifted my fork to my mouth.

Other than what sounded like maybe a book signing everything else sounded pretty manageable. From what I understood the readings had their own set of dangers for her but not anything that she hasn't had to navigate thus far in her career.

The book signing seemed like the perfect opportunity for someone to get close if they wanted to. The good news about it though is that it might just be the thing that whoever it is might be tempted to come to and maybe help us figure out who it is. I decided that I'd keep that part to myself and not alarm her.

"Book coffee thing is really the only one that has me concerned. Will need to stay alert there." I said in between bites.

"Reginald's had me on the cover of his last three books. I believe he called me his muse for the Detective character in the book." I was beautiful, and well I knew it.

Right now in my kitchen, I was probably surprising Devin. The cooking. Perhaps especially. I ate a little more of my food. I knew I'd finish this meal.

For a short while food was all I did. Neat mouthfuls, lots of chewing but also at times me watching him.

Then, slowly I felt my stomach twist and complain as my thoughts flickered to the letter. The letter I hadn't read. "Did you read the ... the ... what was in the envelope?" I blinked, knowing my eyes were a little wider, my pupils likely a little dilated with the faint sense of fear I couldn't help but feel about that .... envelope. Now I was worried about what had been in it. What might he have seen that I had not?

I knew it would be too much to hope that overnight she'd have forgotten about the letter. When I burned it I had no real intention of hiding anything from her. I did it mostly because she just really didn't need to read it over and over letting it get into her head anymore.

"Yeah, I read it. It was about what you'd expect. Nobody will ever love you like I do. I'm the only one for you. blah, blah blah. Typical nut job shit. There were no specific or implied threats in it which was good." I decided to leave out that they never really do make threats. They just get to the point where it becomes clear to them it's not happening they just suddenly lash out. The fact that he was still trying though was good.

She seemed to accept that there was nothing unexpected in the envelope and after breakfast she got dressed and drove me over to the club to pick up my truck. I was surprised at how close the club actually was to her house. Because of the detour to Brad's house the night before I seemed like a much further drive. I climbed into the truck and began following her back to her house.

After pulling onto the main road I noticed a car drive past her on the right then slow to pull along side of her. Feeling uneasy I reached over and pulled my gun from the glove compartment and set it on the bench beside me. At the next block we stopped at a red light and the car maintained it's position beside her. My fingers wrapped around the handle of my gun as a watched and waited. When I saw the window being rolled down I slammed the truck into park and flung the door open. As I made it to the front of my car I as able to see the driver holding something out the window. I raised my gun and was ready to fire when the bright flash of the polaroid snapped and it became clear it was just someone taking her picture.

"Shit! Fucking tourists." I said to myself as I lowered the gun and got back into my truck hoping nobody noticed the scene I just created.

Without showering I dressed quickly. Underwear, a white button-up dress that flowed loosely down me to my ankles and slip-on tennis shoes. My rich red curls got a hairbrush or two before I was rushing out the door with him. The drive to the club was uneventful. Thankfully.

Once he was in his car, I started my baby up and began driving home again. I did notice a car starting to keep pace with me, and all the talk this morning had me nervous. So I almost yelped with there was a sudden flash and picture, my picture getting taken.

This I understood. A tentative then smile and then I let myself shine. A brighter, sweeter smile on those lips. As they took a second snap. Then they pulled away, and I stared at the windscreen for a moment. Right. A look in the mirror had me note Devin moving back to his car and getting in.

Then I began driving and watched him following me. I eventually pulled up out front and stopped the engine. Sitting there for a moment, before pulling the key and getting out. When Devin ended up within arms reach, I simply found myself throwing myself in against him and hugging him tightly. "..thank you... thank you.. so much." The night before rattled me still.

I was a little embarrassed by my over reaction to the incident on the road as we pulled into her driveway. I was sure she’d seen me level my gun. In hindsight it was over the top but I was still getting my feet under me and right now everything seemed like a threat.

Getting out of my truck I approached her car expecting she might get out and give me an earful about how I might have landed her in the tabloids but to my surprise she threw her arms around me and thanked me.

“You’re welcome.” I said not really feeling like I did a whole lot. I held her tight hoping my reassuring embrace would give her the sense of safety she seemed to desperately need.

“Let’s get inside.” I said scanning the street in front of the house. Her grip on me loosened just as I noticed someone sitting in a car aiming a camera with a telephoto lens at us. I led her toward the house keeping my eye on the car. The driver must have noticed my attention because within seconds the car started and he pulled away.

Closing the door behind us I convinced myself it was just paparazzi.

Held tightly to him I closed my eyes for a moment.

“Let’s get inside,” I said. I loosened my grip on him and since he was taller than me. Turned slowly at his urging to head up the walk to the house. Moving quickly and unlocking the door.

I didn't realise he was distracted, and it had only been 16 hours that I'd had Devin in my life. I was not used to having a Bodyguard. I was already five steps into the hallway level with the archway into the lounge when I could tell he was behind me,

Turning about fast, I had time enough to look up. When I noted he was frowning down at me. Blushing. Very quietly I said, "...right, wait for you to go in first."

He just gave a vague, frustrated shake and strode ahead of me double checking the house. While I stood perfectly still feeling like an idiot. Of course, I could hear the heavier steps as he was coming back, which made me look up, just as he came down the stairs having checked it all.

“All good.” I said as I came back down the stairs then peaked back out the window to make sure the car I’d seen hadn’t come back. “I’m gonna take a shower and get changed.”

Grabbing my bag I went up into the guest room we’d stayed in the night before and unpacked my things and hung my clothes in the closet.

I braced myself against the shower wall as the hot water washed over my body allowing it to wash the tension away. I still didn’t feel like I had my feet under me yet on this job. There were far too many unknowns and it had me scattered. After washing my hair and trimming myself up with the razor I turned the water off and stepped out.

“Of course.” I said looking around the bathroom realizing I hadn’t brought my clothes in with me. Letting out a sigh I threw the towel over my shoulder and walked out into the room to get something to put on.

When he went off for a shower. I didn't know which he went to. The downstairs. Or upstairs. He'd seen both. However, I knew I hadn't tidyed up the beds.

Most folks might not think I did things around here. That I perhaps hired a maid. I did not.

So after tidying the kitchen up, I headed up those stairs. I didn't hear the water on, as I entered. So I started with the bed he'd slept in. Straightening it up with precise movements I found it calming.

Then I heard the door open and froze. I was already facing that way. Right now I could see .... feet. Due to the way I was leaning and looking over the end of the bed.

I froze for a moment when I saw her in the room.

"Sorry, forgot clothes to put on." I said before walking over to the nightstand to retrieve the clothes I'd set out earlier.

I probably should have made an attempt to cover myself but, from what little I knew about her so far, it was clear I wouldn't have been the first man she'd seen naked and modesty was one of the first casualties of my military service. Something about communal showers has a tendency to strip that away quickly.

I returned to the bathroom and dressed. When I emerged from the bathroom she was gone. I made my way back downstairs and waited for her in the kitchen to see what the plan was for the day.

Somehow I made his bed. Mine? I abandoned it and just left it there. Of course while I left heading down through to the office I had.

The phone rang. That made me hurry and grab it in the office. I didn't realise he was waiting in the kitchen as Kaz's voice came through clearly.

"Angel! You bad bad girl. You left early." I could hear him tisking at me.

"Kaz..... Betsy dragged me off into that room." I said with a slightly exasperated tone.

"And what about all the stuff you've shown Devin.?" I found myself asking him.

Right as Devin followed my voice in.

I sighed offering him the phone.

Kaz instantly said. "She's got a commercial to do. And also a reading at 25th St and 7th."

I jotted down notes as Kaz rattled off Angel's schedule for the day. I'd hoped he'd have some time to coordinate with the security people for the commercial shoot but I guess that wasn't happening. "I'd just have to improvise if I met with any resistance." I thought to myself as I finished writing.

"Kaz, If I'm going to do my job I'm going to need her schedule further in advance. Can you fax me what you have for the rest of the week so I have time to prepare?" I asked when he was done.

I could hear the annoyance in his voice and figured he wasn't used to actually planning anything but he agreed to send it over to her house later in the day.

"Seems we need to get going soon. You should probably get ready." I said after hanging up the phone.

Honestly, I didn't know how she functioned like this. The loose nature in which her and Kaz seemed to work was the antithesis of the way I liked to operate but I had a feeling that forcing more structure into it wasn't going to happen easily. For her sake, I was hoping they'd manage some though.

I couldn't help but smile some as he managed to nail some kind of schedule out of the chaos factor Kaz was.

"You know right he spends his time hussling others trying to land readings I can do go. In the hopes he'll find someone who wants me in their movie so bad, I get paid well. And so does he."

With that I turned on my heel. Accidentally flashing ass on the way off to my room there I stripped out of the shirt. Showered fast without washing my hair. I put on a silver bikini with matching bottoms. It was delicate. Small. Over it I put on a red dress with spaghetti straps and an asymmetrical hemline. It barely touched mid-thigh.

I came down with a big red duster jacket over it all with red strappy heels. And a white leather bag. It had my wallet and keys in it. And my scripts for both places.

As we left I waited for him to unlock it.

When she walked out from getting changed her outfit screamed starlet. Her short skirt and long duster accented her toned legs perfectly and the red and white screamed look at me. Not exactly the outfit I'd choose to maintain a low profile but she couldn't very well walk around in a mask all the time so we'd just have to make the best of it.

I unlocked the car and got her inside as I scanned the street looking for signs of the car that had been there before. Fortunately, there were no signs of him.

As we pulled out of the driveway I turned to her. "Sorry about coming out of the bathroom like that. Didn't expect anyone in the room. I'll do better about that." I was hoping she didn't think anything of it but I felt like I should say it.

When got to the studio I parked the car to the side of the gate and got out to talk to the security guard to see what I could work out. After explaining the situation to him he scratched his head and gave me a funny look.

"I don't know man. The dude running the shoot is a real asshole. I don't think I can get you in there. This place is locked down pretty well though so you don't have to worry about anyone who's not supposed to be here getting in." He paused and thought for a moment. "Tell you what I can do though. I can set you up on the control room and you can keep an eye on her from there. Don't tell anyone because they would freak the fuck out but we've got cameras EVERYWHERE."

"That'll work. Thanks." I said before getting back in the car.

"Like you said, they aren't letting me in but they have a place where I can monitor things so you should be all good." i said as I drove her to her studio and dropped her off. "I'll be here when you're done."

After she got out I went back to the gate and followed the guard to the control room. When I entered there was a wall full of tv monitors. He led me to the bank dedicated to the studio Angel was in and showed me how to switch between cameras. It took me only a minute to flip through the feeds and find Angel talking to a group of men.

The set looked like a beach scene. The men were all muscled, in their 20s and actors.

Listening to them chatting avidly I was used to this sort of thing. Then make up found me. First she called clothing over to me. Off went the duster. My heels. The dress. Right down to that itty bitty biniki.

Then clothing eyed it. "No no no, they're in blue."

The screen she pulled me behind I didn't realise it had a camera behind it. So as I stripped off. Make up came about with two chairs and a razor, shaving cream and a bowl and towel.

Ten minutes later I was hairless. She smoothed cream there and then everywhere. Before clothing brought up a string bikini .... blue string. And put it on me.

It showed everything. Absolutely everything. Make up applied blush over my nipples then my cheeks. Then added blue eye shadow. Lipgloss tinted my lips blue. Then hair came and fussed with my hair putting it up and under a blue wig. The wig fell in straight locks past my shoulders.

I was then handed the revised script and went over the lines as I went onto the set. Guy 1, was a blonde laying on a towel. I was directed to lay between his thighs. While a black haired one came up being me on his knees and wrapped at an about my shoulders.

The director screaming his orders the camera rolling.... a redhead handing me the beer.

I smiled. Big. Bright. The light caught my eyes and they dazzled. "When we play we like to drink Blue Light!" And I giggled,

Lifted it and took a mouthful swallowed and smiled brighter.

Apparently while I got it right one of the guys didn't.

Twenty takes later the director was screaming at everyone and I'd had to drink two beers I didn't want.

"Find me a guy who can hold the female and look like he wants her and the beer!" He screamed.

People were scrambling.

I watched as she was led back to what I assumed was a changing area. I flipped through the feeds until I found her again and watch as they stripped her of her silver bikini then sat her in a chair. I honestly couldn't believe that the security guards were treated to this kind of show on a daily basis. Surely there had to be several ethical lines this setup crossed but i wasn't gong to concern myself with it now. My attention was fully directed towards the sight of her with her legs spread as another woman shaved her clean. It was probably one of the most erotic things I'd seen in a while. Had it been me shaving her I don't think I could have resisted dipping my head between her legs and feeling my handiwork with my tongue.

The actual commercial shoot seemed absurd. There was no audio being fed into the room but they seemed to go from one take to the next and each of them looked damned near identical. Perhaps to a more trained eye they looked different but to an average joe like me they all seemed the same.

After more takes than I could count something happened. There was a flurry of activity with people scrambling in all directions.

"Fuck!" I said as I pushed the chair back and bolted from the control room.

I covered the ground between the control room and the set in seconds then burst through the door with my hand poised on the handle of the gun in the back of my waistband. Looking around I didn't see anything that resembled a threat and I felt a little silly, once again, for overreacting. It was going to keep happening though because the moment I decided I didn't react would be the one where everything went wrong.

I made my way over to Angel passed a few people obviously annoyed by my presence.

"You ok?" I asked as I made it to her.

Even as I blinked up at Devin. We heard.

"You! Who are you? Nevermind! Perfection. Clothing! Go put this one in something better." This came from the director.

I found myself staring up at Devin then as I said softly. "... I don't want another ten takes."

Clothing, was a blonde with glorious assets tucked into a white blouse and black short skirt. Blue eyes with delicate glasses. She came up to Devin and said. "Hi, we can get you changed this way there's a room."

Double standard. It was everywhere. As she tugged at him lightly.

I gave him a slightly imploring look. If he'd do this I might get out of here sooner.

Before I could say anything I was being led into a room to change to be in a commercial? I had no idea how I was going to pull this off. The only time I'd ever been on stage was as a child and it was an unmitigated disaster. I could only imaging this was going to go as well and I wasn't quite sure how I'd respond to some asshole director yelling at me when it did go off the rails.

When the clothing girl handed me the swimsuit to put on I stood there with the tiny piece of fabric draped over my finger in disbelief.

"You're kidding right?" I asked, thinking surely she was fucking with me.

She stared at me with an unamused look then turned her back. I was entirely unsure about this whole thing but I went about stripping off my clothes then pulled on the "swimsuit" she handed me. It was lucky I trimmed up this morning because what she gave me was almost obscene in how little it left to the imagination. I'd never been all that shy about people seeing my body but something about the idea of it being broadcast on television was something else entirely.

"Ok, I'm ready." I said when I finally got it on.

The clothing girl turned and looked me up and down. "Oh, we need to highlight that!" she said as she took a step forward then slid her hand into the swimsuit. Her warm fingers wrapped around my cock stroking it slowly and causing it to swell. "Not too much though." she continued as she released it then positioned it to the side. She removed her hand causing the waistband of the suit to snap back to my stomach.

I walked up to Angel terrified and on full display. "What is it I'm supposed to do?" I asked, feeling like I'd just rather run out of there.

The guy behind Angel moved. Motioning to where he'd been astride her legs.

"See where my knee marks are? Put yours there. Then wrap an arm about Angel's upper body. And lift her against you and you just smoulder at her."

I looked up at Devin. "What he said. Just smile and look at me. Look like you want to be close to me. Holding me close to you. As if we're about to have fun."

So I then waited to see if he could do this. I wasn't sure. He looked scared. "All your doing is holding me close and enjoying it."

Okay so yeah, I had on a string bikini and he'd be lifting me against him. His crotch to my ass.

I listened to their instructions, took a deep breath and tried to relax. I’ve been waist deep in rice paddies getting shot at. This couldn’t possibly be worse right?

If Angel was going to be in front of me I wondered why the wardrobe girl felt it important to stick her hand down my swimsuit to stiffen me up though. I shook my head to myself. A question for another time.

The director yelled action and I conjoined the image of her from the monitor with her legs spread and the girl shaving her clean then looked at her like I felt at that moment. Before I knew it, the director bellowed.

“Cut! Finally! Thank you everyone!”

I blinked and looked around. “That’s it?” I asked hardly even aware that it actually happened.

Wardrobe came over then, nodding. "Sure. I've got a place you two can change." She gave him a soft coy grin.

Even as Wardrobe talked to us, I smiled at him. "Yeah, that's it. When it works quick, goes together perfectly, it's a short job, but with on-going funds each time it's played, till they retire it." I waited for him to move, and once he had I got up too.

She led us along and into that room, then seemed to clear her throat a little. She was looking at Devin. "Uh, sorry about before. I, well..." Then she blushed.

I'd been around the block more than once. "Oh, you. It's okay, yes he's good looking but he's my Bodyguard."

That just made Wardrobe Girl blush more. "Oh, my, god. I am so sorry. I thought you were talented, they, like that sort of thing. Expect it. You were, sweet, nervous, I,"

"You were trying to see if that made him less nervous?" I mean, I'd had people offer me those things sometimes. Something to try and get a release so I could do what I needed.

"Sometimes Devin, if the talent's too nervous. Knowing someone desires them, can help them get past the nervousness, and refocus the mind on the task. She is truly sorry."

The women motioned to our clothes there in near piles. "I'll go, you two can dress. Thanks, Angel, your a doll." She smiled then and scampered out of the room.

Leaving Devin and I there with our clothing. Given mine showed everything, I blushed now. For a moment, then moved to that chair removing the string stuff and then sliding on my silver bikini. "I chose the bikini, because ... having them strip it off me is, less nerve-wracking than proper underwear."

I couldn’t quite tell if the wardrobe girl was trying to relax me or just wanted to wrap her fingers around me cock. At this point I really didn’t care. It was over and I’d moved on. Besides, it seemed like everything was fair game in this world so when in Rome. I was just happy that I didn’t end up being in a commercial in a banana hammock for the world to see.

What I did learn through the whole thing though is that it wasn’t for me. I’m far more happy being in the background.

The commercial shoot had run long and there was little time before her reading. I needed to get her across town and hope she sobers up a little by the time we get there. She’d had quite a number of shoots and it wasn’t clear how much beer she had but her words were slurring a little and I was sure that wouldn’t help with a read.

Once we were dressed and out of there, I let Devin shepherd me off and into the car. As I sat beside him I tried to concentrate on what I knew was coming. So from the glove box, I removed papers and began reading it while he drove.

"They'll have coffee there, I might be able to get a mouthful down, before my moment of reading with them," I said lightly to him.

"Otherwise, when we're out of there, can we have coffee and food? I'll settle for Thai or something and coffee at home?"

I gave him a side ways look.

She seemed casual about the reading and the fact that she only needed a coffee to be ok. My concern was that the casting couch is a thing and I wasn’t going to be in a position to do anything. She’s obviously survived it so far but somehow under my watch it seemed like my problem to make sure it didn’t happen. That’s where things seemed most gray. I was here to protect her from the stalker but I felt like I needed to protect her from all of life’s evils. And her life had a lot of evils.

“Yeah, sounds good. I like Thai.”

As we pulled up in front of the building for her reading I turned to her.

“So, I’m going to wait outside because I’m sure I can’t go in. You good with that?”

I gave him a sort of sideways look. "There's generally a room everyone else is sitting in. You should be okay near the front door there."

Hell I had no idea if he'd want to be there so I got out taking my papers with me.

Careful as I walked. Yet as I walked I could feel the way it became more a sway of my hips every step. The way each for was in front of the other.

It was the way Cindy the past I was reading for would walk. She was suppose to be red like me, same eyes, skin, and is worn something close to her. Skimpy.

Affecting a more Southern accent. In my mind as I entered looked about me and chose the seat I knew as Cindy I'd take.

It took an hour before I was called. But I rose breathing in and out as that slutty waitress called Cindy, who secretly wanted to be an actress.

I owned that room as I entered it, each line delivered while Callahan watched and motioned each time I spoke. The director finally nodded. And just like that I had a good chance at the part.

Back