Personal Protection (closed)

Ravishing

..lost in my reality
He would find himself standing on the footpath of a club. He looked up at the spill of lights, then looked to the bouncer there who was peering at the letter of hire he held in his hand. Apparently, the fellow was used to getting this shoved in his face. However he also then spoke. "So you Kazmar's hire, huh? Uh, He did mention when he breezed in some thirty minutes ago he'd hired someone to look after her. A bodyguard. You can go in."

Going in had him passing from the relative quiet outside to finding the jazz music blaring through the room and impacting him like a solid wall of sound in the entry. The place was dazzling and everywhere he looked he was either seeing ladies in the arms of men, them at times dancing in closer than most places deemed acceptable, but that was the lure of here. Its club-employed ladies wandered about wearing silver skirts and bikini tops of fluffy white, with fake angel wings at their backs. Each one a blonde, in stiletto heels.

Each face he ran into wasn't her. But suddenly looking up might just leave him wondering what in the hell he'd signed up for. He found her, dangling from a string of silk strung from the ceiling. Upside down, one elegant ankle and calf wrapped with it, one wrist wrapped with it too as she sang her heart out to the music. Drifting, writhing, in time to it's jauntyness. She wore a glittering silvery costume that looked more scandalous than the wandering employed ladies in their get-up. It barely covered the front of her, yet as he squinted he realised there were sparkles against all that seemingly bare flesh of her upper and lower body. It looks like a spill of fancy jewels stuck to her.

Bit by bit, she was lowering herself down, right into a pile of men who were all dressed so sharply in black and white, or grey and white. Those lush red curls hung down like vines of lust reaching for them, and as she got close enough one of those men wrapped his hand in those curls, as she slowly, oh so slowly lowered herself onto that table they were about. Laughter rang and violet-blue eyes sparkled. Angel, they called her. Just Angel, much like Cher. A single name.

And as her bodyguard, having seen the book of threats to her name, what exactly did he do as she ended up on that table, allowing that man there to tangle his fingers into those soft red curls and draw her up slowly closer as if he was going to kiss her.

Angel, for her part, knew how to play up to any audience and these men were no different, she moved oh so precisely, allowing that movement to detangle her hair and allow her to slide bonelessly through hands that tried to grip her as she, dramatically spilled herself fully to that floor, with laughter in her eyes and a kiss blown up at them. Getting one leg under herself and pulling at the silk she rose to stand and turned to slip away. Petite of frame, yet with delightfully curved hips, and c-cup breasts. She was clad in a dress which was almost something ice skaters wore. The tone matched her flesh and gave the illusion she was simply almost naked. A subtle flare of tulle at her hips to barely mid-thigh.

Devin knew this new job was going to challenge him more than any he'd previously worked. Focusing almost exclusively on wealthy businessmen and dignitaries he was able to minimize their exposure to limit the threat vectors. With this one, he didn't see himself having that luxury.

At 6'2" and 215 lbs he had the physical presence and strength to dissuade the casual threats just with his proximity. His special forces combat training allowed him to anticipate where and how the more serious threats would come. With this job, however, there seemed no way to isolate her in a way that limited the threats. He was going to need to be on his toes 24/7 to keep her safe. He very easily could have stayed in the easy world of philandering businessmen but the pay was way too good to pass up.

Entering the club Devin found the situation every bit as challenging as he'd anticipated. The door man did nothing to check for weapons and offered only minimal scrutiny as he presented the paperwork. Inside, it was a free for all with nothing distances the performers from the guests.

Looking up he recognized her from the pictures provided in her file.

"Fuck, here we go." he said to himself as he realized she was lowering herself into the group of men gathered below her.

As difficult as it was to accept, he knew this needed a more subtle approach than he'd otherwise have like. Slowly he made his way to the front of the group of men as she got closer. As one of the men reached up to grab her hair he forced his way through the crowd behind him. He'd just made it when the man started to pull her towards him and that was the line he wouldn't allow to be crossed.

Reaching out Devin grasped the mans collar and jerked him backwards away from Angel.

"What the hell?" the man shouted out as he steadied himself than looked up at Devin.

"Hand's off!" he said simply as his stare backed the man off.

As she made it to her feet and slipped away Devin followed closely behind as she made her way to her dressing room. As she reached for the door knob he called out to get her attention.

'Ma'am" he said as he closed the distance between them.

There was a look over her shoulder. 5ft 5 inches with those 4-inch stiletto heels, which she still wore as she turned the handle and pressed her way inside. The fact the club gave her a room perhaps told him how often she ended up here, and that she'd twisted the owner about her little finger.

A sensual lilt to that voice as she spoke. "Yes?" Then she pushed into that room and strode into it without a care as to whether he followed her or not. Clearly, her Agent had been right in trying to hire someone, finally.

She stops and bends at the waist, showing off her flexibility as she undid the clasps on those heels and straightened with perfect poise. Then she stepped out of them. Lowering her to that 5ft 1inch height. She was delicately built, with a dancer's flawless toned frame. Yet those curves made her so much more enticing to the eye than any usual dancer/actress might be.

Angel gave a subtle wriggle of those shoulders. "Make yourself useful and undo those little buttons, yes?" No look over her shoulder. Just long slim fingers threading into those lusher red curls and lifting it. Showing off a pale back, which had a curve that might make a man weep to see it, and just below that curve, an ass that was perky and full and just oh so sweet to see.

The outfit skin toned to match her, with thicker weaves in the places she might be indecent were it not thicker. Yet the sparkles over it were truly gemstones sewn into it. Allowing her to look as if she was nude and wearing gems glued to her. It was all about misdirection and seeing what you hoped you were. A masterpiece of an outfit.

The room had a luxurious mirror with lights around it. Dim lights above. A chaise which was large enough for her to lay on, with plush cushions in a royal dark red velvet. A wrack there with outfits on it some clearly showy. Other's not so revealing. A mix between everybody's sweetheart, and the hooker full of sin.

"I'm Devin, your security detail." he said as he followed her into the room. He had a feeling she knew who he was but he felt he should clarify just in case.

As she bent down to undo the clasps of her shoes it was apparent to him that she was not at all uncomfortable with the idea of men gawking at her. Quite the contrary she seemed to welcome it and almost relish in the idea of lustful eyes upon her. She wouldn't, however, need to concern herself with his though. He was nothing if not professional and he'd be keeping his eyes squarely focused on managing threats.

"Make yourself useful and undo those little buttons, yes?" she said pulling her hair aside.

Devin was a little annoyed that she seemed to be mistaking him for her personal assistant but decided not to make waves in the first few minutes of meeting her. Stepping behind her the contrast in their size was striking. His muscled frame towered over her as his thick fingers released the buttons of her outfit.

At some point they were going to need to talk about risky activities like she'd just performed but he knew now was probably not the time. At this point it was best for him to just take the evening to observe her then make recommendations later. Though something told him she would probably heed none of his recommendations until she was convinced that she needed to. He only hoped she lived through whatever would convince her.

His thoughts on her. Oh if she knew them. It likely would have amused her.

"I know who you are. Your Kazmar's hire. The bodyguard." With one hand delicately placed to her chest she turned about and looked up at him. Those violet-blue eyes astonishingly clear.

One finger impacted the middle of her chest. "Kazmar may have hired you. But let's get one thing's straight. It's my ass who makes all that money our dear sweet Kaz adores. It's money that let him pay you to lure you here."

Angel's voice was still so sweet sounding even as she said it to him. Then she stalked to the rack of clothes pulling out three dresses, and a skirt and shirt with white underwear. She draped it over the dressing screen, and then seconds later that see threw gem stoned thing she'd had on went flying and landed at Devin's feet.

First she wriggled into the panties and the camisole. Even as she did that a turn he made have him a thin slither of mirror that let him see those panties wrapped about that ass of hers. As she shimmers into the first dress he got to see just how delightful she looked in barely anything.

She came out and looked at herself in the mirror that expression far too critical for someone who looked in her early 20s.

She stepped into those high heels and bent to adjust it on her feet one by one. The poise and balance of her body proving just how fit she was.

"Now, I go sparkle." The smile she offered brilliant.

Devin stared with his eyes fixed on the wall as she stepped behind the screen and changed. Subtly clearing his throat he began to speak.

"Whether he's protecting you or your income isn't my concern. The fact is that he, rightly or wrongly, fears for your safety. From what I've seen he is right to have concerns. I'm not here to stop you from having fun or doing your job. My sole focus is to keep you alive so you can continue to do both. It'd be in both of our best interests if we were able to work cooperatively toward that goal." he said hoping to come to some common understanding between them.

As she stepped out from the screen his gaze remained on the wall as she finished dressing.

"Sparkle if you must." he said with a smile as he turned to meet her eyes.

"Your income too," Angel murmured as she flounced out that door instantly with that brighter smile, and graceful sexy walk that just drew eyes to her. She waved here and there to people. Drifting from one place to another. Chatting small talk to people here and there.

He'd witness Kazmer idly watching her, and seemingly nodding at certain people. It's those that Angel gave extra attention. "Hi, Brad, sure yes it's wonderful to see you." She listened to the man for a moment as he invited her to an after-party. For all Kazmer's thing about wanting her safe. He could see Kaz nodding about the fact Angel should accept.

That smile stayed bright, "Sure, I'd love to." Brad grinned and sought to stand, seeking to wrap an arm about her shoulders and lead her off through the room. "Oh? Now?" She cast a look catching Kazmer's expression again who was giving her a look she knew too well. "Now, is fine." She purred lightly.

Easily threading her way through the club. It'd only be someone who was excellent at reading body language who might realise she was doing 'this' moment because Kazmer said so. The Agent might want her safe, but he also wanted her to keep giving him those good moments with people who might further her career.

Devin watched just feet away as she worked the crowd viewing everyone as a potential threat. Had he had a chance to do any advance work he might not have been so edgy but knowing none of the players he was operating completely in the dark.

He’d heard the invitation and the acceptance for the after party and could see nothing but risk in the situation. They fact that Brad seemed all to eager to leave made Devin even more uneasy.

As the took a few steps toward the front of the club Devin gripped Brad’s shoulder stopping him in his tracks.

“Why don’t you give me the address and we’ll meet you there.” He said loudly over the music.

“Nonsense, she can ride with me!” Brad said trying to lead Angel away.

Brad didn’t release his grip on him though. “No, she’ll meet you there!” He said squeezing his shoulder tighter causing Brad to wince.

“Ok, ok, relax.” Brad said before giving them the address.

“Great, we’ll see you there shortly.” Devin said giving Brad a smile.

As Brad walked out of the club Devin turned to Angel “Do you have a car?”

Angel watched the whole exchange without interjecting once. She moved her eyes to Kazmer's expression catching his mild annoyance and she merely smiled.

When Devin turned back to her after sending Brad out on his way, she reached into a hidden pocket on the skirt and pulled a car key, and house key combo on it out. Holding it up delicately in that long-fingered grip.

"I do." She led him out of the club at a casual pace. Walking down to the parking lot and then to a red Mercedes-Benz. She then offered Devin the key. Right now the sports car's roof was up, and the two-seater was all locked up.

"Thank you." He might be surprised to hear her say that. Even as she stood waiting for him to unlock the door and then open it for her.

When he did, she hopped in in a perfectly ladylike fashion, sitting, twisting and lifting her legs in. She then even put the seatbelt on allowing him to shut the door. "I even know how to drive it." He perhaps was in that moment quite glad to be the one driving it.

Devin was waiting to be berated for interrupting Brad’s plan and was surprised when Angel not only didn’t but seemed pleased that he’d done what he’d done.

After putting her in the car he closed the door and rounded it to get in. He took a moment to admire her car. He’d been driving his truck so long he’d all but forgotten what it was like driving a performance car.

He climbed in, pushing seat way back then pushed the key into the ignition. Before starting it he turned to Angel.

“You were right, it is my income too in a sense. You could fire me right now and I’d be onto another job tomorrow without missing a beat. If something happens to you on my watch, I wouldn’t be trusted to walk someone’s dog.
I take my job seriously because putting my life on the line to protect yours is serious.” He paused for a second trying to refine the point he was trying to make. “I’m not the fun police. When I ask you to do something, just know it’s because my goal is to keep you safe and I have skin in the game too.”

He turned the key and heard the throaty purr of the engine as it came to life.

As he pulled out of the parking lot he checked the address one more time then made his way towards the address Brad had given him.

Last edited:
Angel for the first few streets kept quiet just letting Devin drive. "If you take this street, you'll miss the lights and catch Westview Ave all the way to the turn-off onto Brad's."

Angel knew she could have just let him go his way, but she'd driven there often enough in the last year to know it backwards. The main reason she was relieved was, not needing to perform on the way there. Not needing to be ON, all the way there.

It might have seemed weird she was so quiet. But honestly, she was already running through her mind the people who'd be there, the things that would be happening, and what she'd need to perhaps DO to nail things with Brad, to make Kazmer happy.

The only thing she couldn't take into consideration was how much Devin might try to interfere. Would he balk when he realised there were rooms in this house where people's morals went right out the fucking window? Where does sex happen liberally? That Brad might want something like that?

No matter what Kazmer might have shown him, I had to do my job. Flatter, beguile, dance, kiss, and more my way into those hearts and pants, and get them to open their wallets for new gigs. New opportunities. That there were lines I wouldn't cross. I'd fought hard not to cross. No matter how much it might have gotten me leading parts.

“Ok, so you’ve been there.” Devin said when she told him the quickest way to Brad’s.

After they drove a little further Devin decided he probably needed more information on what they’d be walking into.

“I’m going to need your help here.” He started off thoughtfully as he drove. “You know these people I’m assuming, so I’m going to back off and keep my distance. I know how these parties can get. If I see anyone leading you somewhere I’m going to step in to make sure you’re ok. Just be careful who you end up alone with. OK?”

It was indeed a tricky spot for a bodyguard. At a private party people tend to let their guard down because they know most of the people around them. Problem is, the worst things end up being done by the people you know best.

He also knew there would be drugs and lots of them. Knowing when she was and wasn’t too impaired to consent to certain things would also be a challenge. Especially since they’d just met.

As they pulled up in front of the house he added one more thing. “If you need me to intervene and you don’t feel comfortable calling me just look my way and rub the back of your neck like it’s sore. I’ll be as subtle as possible.”

As he rounded the car to open the door for her he could hear the party raging inside. Taking a deep breath he opened her door then followed her inside.

"I've been there a lot. He's very, very wealthy. He's also very much a patron of the Arts. All Arts. Kazmer likes to keep his options open. You'll... you'll come to realise despite hiring you, he'll get in your way of trying to do your job, simply because he thinks there's some advantage." That was not something Kazmer would have admitted to someone whom he was seeking to hire. He'd wanted the best to protect her, but he was also a leech who had less morals than most on what he thought was acceptable behaviour for his people.

Angel being an ungodly beautiful, innocent-looking woman, played right into Kazmer's greed.

"I know, enough about these people to try and avoid the ones I know who are just bad apples." She said it like, maybe just maybe she'd had run-ins that had Devin existed previous to now he'd have had to save her.

"I'm not always successful on that. Sometimes, you must deal with the devil, to open the right door." She sounded downright jaded for all her 22 years right then.

"I don't like alcohol, but there's, uh, moments like now I can't always avoid it. I need to do it, but it's going to creep up on me fast, and while you think you know what you're about to walk into. You don't." Angel gave him a look.

"I'll try and remember what you've said." Said as she got out of the car he opened it for her and walked about the car with him. She passed him her little purse. "Keep both of those for me. I've lost things in here before. If I don't have anything on me. I can't lose them."

They were met at that entrance by a half-naked lady. She was a brunette, topless with a twist of pearls that dangled between her very perky breasts, nipples pierced. A feather and rose in her hair. Her skirt was white and with tassels dangling down about her knees. "Angel! So good to see you." As she leaned in kissing Angel's cheeks. Leaving red lipstick marks on them both. Angel took it in stride. "Betty! It's a pleasure, this is Devin, he's Kaz's hire." Betty smiled at him lightly, "Such a delight..." And her eyes raked down him as if Devin was nude and for her eyes only. "Betty is Brad's wife," Angel said perhaps to forewarn Devin she was someone he shouldn't offend.

Betty let the two inside and Devin got to see that the little entranceway had two winding stairs cases curling about it, to an open balcony above, and that two people appeared to be fucking right there on that balcony. The female leaned her elbows into the railing, as her breasts bounced away in tune to the pounding she was getting.

"Sweetie, Brad's more in the middle of the house. You know your way, right?" Betty's eyes drifted off to someone else as she was already walking away.

Angel took that moment to look up at Devin, "You, think you can handle this?" She had to stretch up to speak it at him because of the level of the music floating through the room. "I think, I need a champagne and I'll uh, try and keep passing it back to you when I need to put it down. If I don't.... well.." He could guess someone would drop drugs into it!

As she led him further in, they were squeezing past people both half naked and fully dressed just chatting together leaning against elegant wallpapered walls. In between tall small tables with vases, bust statues and more. It was lavish. Little wonder Angel had tried to tell him about Brad and being wealthy, the house screamed lavish rich asshole.

She led him through a doorway then, and for a second she paused so far he might have run into her. Before she entered and went to the bar. "Hi, one champagne whatever unopened if you can." The barmen liked the look of her because he found a new bottle opened it and poured her a glass. "Anything for you sweetie. You need a party favour?" He pulled out a baggy which was just mixed drugs in smaller baggies.

A quick shake of her head for a moment. "No, well, do you have something for a headache?"

Devin always did his best to project an air of focus and indifference to the distractions around him but he found that veneer tested the moment the door opened. He kept his gaze at the woman's eyes but there were quick moments where he let his eyes be drawn to her breasts as she welcomed them then directed Angel to her husband.

He'd worked parties like this before. The rich and famous always tended to be wilder than normal people. He'd have thought that people that lead such public lives would be a little more reserved but it seemed the opposite was true. Maybe it was because they spent so much time in the public eye that when they got behind closed doors the cut loose in such extreme ways. Who knows?

As they entered he briefly glanced up to see the woman getting railed on the balcony above. He quickly took in the sight of her large breasts bouncing then averted his eyes to maintain his focus on the task at hand. That was at least one guy he wouldn't need to worry about tonight.

The house was definitely lavish. Not necessarily his tastes he thought but clearly the residence of someone with an obscene amount of money. He stood a few steps behind Angel as she ordered a drink at the bar and watched as the bartender offered her other party favors. He was glad to hear her decline then turned to scan the crowd. When he turned back he saw her pop a couple pills into her mouth and worried about what she'd just taken. Worse yet, did she even know?

As Angel went about greeting and talking to people Devin took up a spot in the corner where he could keep an eye on her. As she moved from person to person he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to attend one of these parties as a guest instead of the help. What it would be like if it was him up on that balcony fucking some random starlet for everyone to see instead of one of those needle dick rich dudes.

He pushed the thoughts from his mind and returned his focus to Angel.

True to her ask she'd gotten something to help with a headache. Something benign enough, yet she took it with alcohol and that tweaked it a little for her. She'd known it would. So that champagne went a little quicker to her head as she went about greeting and idle chattering with others.

Doing that fluttering dance about the room with all lit's people. Perhaps Devin might find himself distracted for a second as a topless chick with just white lacey panties came up to him offering him a whiskey. She was blonde and pretty, but even he could see the make up on her. In the time it took for him to blink. Angel had poofed.

Of course unknown to him she was just inside the next room, leaning against a walk talking with someone who was saying he knew someone who might have her read for a part in his next movie. These were the moments Kazmer wanted her to pay attention too. Yet, they were also the moments Angel dreaded in her own way.

Moving along she found herself sat down between that fellow and another on a couch. Twisting a bit to offer her attentions. Then she felt into conversation with that new feels. Listening to him talk about his script idea and such.

Devin saw her coming from across the room. She was difficult to miss in a white pair of panties and nothing else. Her full breasts bouncing ever so slightly as she made her way over to him with a tray.

"Can I interest you in a drink?" she asked stepping in close to him. Close enough that her breasts brushed against his arm as she held the tray of drinks in front of him.

"No thank you." he said dismissively as he tried to wave her off.

"You look like you need to relax. If whiskey's not your thing maybe I could help you relax in some other way." she said pressing her breasts more firmly into him and then turning slightly from side to side rubbing them across his thick arms.

"Maybe another time." He said again trying to convince her to move on. When his eyes returned to where Angel had been he found her gone. "Shit" he said to himself as he made his way casually across the room.

This was the spot he knew he'd find himself in. Networking the way she needed to had it's inherent risks and there was no way he'd be able to mitigate them all. Her not in his sight made him uneasy though. He felt he would surely have noticed if she passed by him on her way out so he could rule out the front of the house. There was a hall on the other side of the room that seemed like the most logical place she might have disappeared into. Looking down it he saw a row of doors all closed.

Devin took a breath and thought through his options. Barging into the rooms seemed like a bad idea and probably an over reaction. After all, she could just be using the bathroom or something. Deciding not to make a scene at the moment he decided to wait at the end of the hall for a few minutes to see if she came out. If she doesn't show back up shortly he'd have to become more intrusive.

Deep in conversation with the one in front she didn't notice the one at her back pulling out a baggy finding a pill and dropping it into her champagne.

She did notice the slight eye movement the one talking to her made, his eyes leaving her face to the drink she held down and to her left in her hand.

"Angel, I really like your energy," She heard him say to her. His tongue talking his lip nervously.

"Oh," the drink in her hand she glanced to see the coffee table and noticed they shut the door. Putting the glass down, she rose then and moved to sit herself astride that one's lap.

Even she knew the rule. You didn't poach someone if they moved to someone else willingly. The one who's lap she wasn't in, gave a seemingly easy going smile. Stood and bowed his head before seeking to leave.

He opened that door, stepping out. Devin would see him clearly and recognise was the one who's been speaking to Angel.

Back in that room she felt the one who stayed because she hopped on his lap start to rise as his cock twitched under her ass. "So," Angel said with a smile. "You need to see Kazmer. He's the one who says if I do things." He felt the subtle wriggle of her on him, and couldn't hide a groan.

His hands lifted grazing her knees then upwards, sliding over the skirt and up her ribs. As she heard the door behind her open she rose and slipped out of his lap faster than he'd been expecting. It easily revealed he was harder than hell.

Angel exhaled softly. And sat on the floor between his knees. She knew if she could get him off between her hands and kisses on his cock she wouldn't need to suck it till the end and she could avoid sex.

So she undid his trousers and noticed he was about 6inches. Some relief flashed inwardly yet the smile she gave and the soft exclaim was surprise. "Your so big Mister Callahan." A lean down to kiss the tip as she wrapped a hand about. Sucking the head in her mouth, his head dropped back and closed, she felt him shudder already.

That's when she sucked hard on that head while tracing with both hands fingers along the length. Even Devin could see the way he shuddered more hips squirming mouth open as he moaned and his breathing picked up sharply. A few minutes onwards and he came, Angel swallowed it down and then once he'd cum, kissed the head tucked him away. "Remember find Kazmer." Angel said in soft sugar set tones. Licking her lips as she stood.

She backed up a few steps seeing Callahan nodding and then she turned. Not meeting Devins eyes as she left there. Knowing he'd shut the door behind them leaving.

After a few moments the door opened and a familiar face stepped out. He noticed Devin standing there and gave a nervous look before casting his gaze toward the ground as he passed. His mannerisms left Devin sure that Angel remained behind in the room and he wanted to make sure she was ok.

Slowly Devin pushed the door open to find Angel sitting on a mans lap. He watched as she stood abruptly then sank down the the floor in front of the man and unzipped his trousers. He could tell she wasn't being forced into anything in the moment so he didn't interrupt and even though he should have backed out of the room and waited outside he couldn't help but watch her wrap her lips around the head of the mans cock and take him in.

As he watched the display he felt bad for her. Just looking at the guy he had a feeling that if he didn't have the power to help her career she wouldn't be giving him the time of day. Assholes like that always wielded their power like this though. It was just the harsh reality of how women in the entertainment industry were treated.

As she passed not making eye contact Devin shot the man a disgusted look then followed after her. When he caught up to her he grasped her arm looking into her eyes.

"You all good?" he asked with concern.

It was a complicated expression I gave Devin. God I needed a bathroom. Fortunately I knew the opposite door led to one. Sliding my hand into his I tugged him with me in through that door. Allowing him to see the sinks there, then a cock of my head to a stall. Releasing his hand I dove into it and got to my knees.

One finger down the back of my throat later and I threw up champagne and cum. Spitting twice and wiping my mouth with toilet paper. I got to my feet.

Feeling things spin a little, I leaned back against the wall one hand flushed the toilet as I shut my eyes and counted to twenty.

I knew then I probably should try and find the refreshments room. Of course I opened my eyes at the touch of a hand to my arm and Devin close and looking down at me.

"I need food." And that was all I said for the moment. I didn't want to talk about what he'd seen me do. He'd likely see me doing it again and again and again.

Given just a glimpse into her life Devin found it neither glamorous nor exciting. At least not the part he'd seen so far. He was sure there were other parts of her life that made the degradation worth it but at this point he hadn't seen it. As he listened to her heave into the toilet all he felt for her at the moment was pity.

"Yeah, let's get you some food." he said giving her a moment to clean up at the sink.

Leading her back into the part they wound their way through the crowded room and eventually found the dining room. Grabbing a plate Devin picked up some finger sandwiches and hors d'oeuvres then held the plate as she ate from it.

He knew she didn't really want to talk about what happened and to be honest, he didn't either. As she ate he searched his mind for something to say to convey that he understood. In the end he found himself just brushing hand through her hair and giving her a reassuring smile.

Glad in the bathroom he didn't speak as she'd rinsed her mouth and used mouthwash. Exiting she guided his choices by touching either shoulder. Allowing him to choose whatever he put on the plate.

As she stood there chewing on a mini quiche, after his touch of a hand through my hair and smile, she found herself drawing him along to a corner and having him sit on the two seat sofa. A motion to the sandwiches there. "Eat something. I'm sitting right here until you do."

Even as I scooped up one chewing on it. "Thanks for not stepping in." I said it even as my eyes were looking about. "I know to you my world is wrong. But. It's not my world. It's theirs. My world is full of lights and stages and lines to learn. That's my world. This? It's the brief intermission in-between."

"I don't make a habit of making moral judgements like that. I was in Vietnam. I've seen what wrong really looks like. I just don't like to see people take advantage of others just because they have power over them." I said taking another bite of sandwich before continuing "I trust that you know how to operate in both your and their worlds because of how successful you've been already. Only you can judge whether it's worth it or not. No judgement from me."

In all honesty, I really had no problem with any of it. If she was able to justify going down on a guy for a part that was good enough for me. I was sure people do far worse for far less all the time.

"Just make sure you give me a heads up when you're gonna wander off next time yes?"

"I waved. I thought you saw. Maybe your eyes weren't on me?" I raised a brow then shrugged.

"Callahan is better than most. I've been in things he's financed. Unlike most he's not married. He's also more of a sweetheart than most. He watches my drink when we talk." I had another bite of the finger sandwich, tasting honeyed ham and pickles.

"He let's me know if whoever brought me in there spikes it. They did. So he glanced to it purposefully. So I knew to leave it behind and not drink it." I exhaled.

"Blowing him, well, when he's not married and I'm not. And he's already done me a good deed. I can give him five minutes of pleasure. I get first reading on his things when he thinks it suits me. Unlike others. He only seeks my attention when he knows he's got one or two which suit. There's true assholes who will promise you the moon and fuck you. Without there being anything more than that."

I waved the server over. "Whiskey thanks and a soda?" As I look to Devin. I didn't know what to think about everything I was telling him.

I hadn't expected to talk much. Or see him. Or have someone who actually seemed like he might...... oh who was I kidding. I was the money. I knew it.

I listened attentively as she talked and as she did things certainly seemed to be less shady then they seemed.

"Yes, a soda would be great!" I said as she asked.

"See, this is the kind of information I need to be effective." I said when she finished. "Not knowing the players I have to assume everyone is suspect. Knowing that Callahan is one of the good ones lets me be more at ease when you're with him. I wouldn't have expected you to tell me everyone's back story mind you. Just saying that the more I learn the better I'll be."

We sat there for another moment in silence.

"At least he came quick." I said jokingly as i nudged her. "Ready to get back in there?" I asked trying to put us back into a more positive vibe.

The conversation had been a little awkward and I felt like I'd put her on the defensive but it was good that we had it. It gave me a little more insight into who she really was and I desperately needed that at the moment. There is only so much you can learn about someone from a file and it's nearly impossible to protect someone you don't really know or understand.

"Sure. Those people aren't about to come to me." Even as the words left my mouth I could see Brad looking about.

Very quietly I leaned over and managed to say. "I don't fuck anyone. Remember that."

Before I found myself standing tentatively up and potting on a smile. I'd wanted him to know that because Brad wanted in my panties.

I was pretty sure Brad was one reason why Kazmer wanted Devin. Of course I knew there were other reasons.

Brad saw me then and beelined over for me. Wrapping me up in a hug and eyeing Devin like he was dirt under foot. "And this is Devin, Kaz insists he stays beside me." I found myself saying. I hoped he'd play along.

Last edited:
Back