Open Bar & Grill @ The General Board Lounge (12 PM - 4 AM)

Tuna & bacon iceberg lettuce wraps. Essentially doing a sandwich without the bread. I've got a pot smoker's hunger jones goin' on, no need for beauty over function for the belly. :D

Drank is as usual. Summer ain't over yet, you know the drill.

BasilTequilla_XXXXXX_0414_LRR.jpg

;)

Tuna & bacon iceberg lettuce wraps. Essentially doing a sandwich without the bread. I've got a pot smoker's hunger jones goin' on, no need for beauty over function for the belly. :D

Drank is as usual. Summer ain't over yet, you know the drill.

;)

Showery outside and about 65-ish. Summer is still here, so it was grilled flank steak with my fajita rub with a medley of green beans and potatoes. A nice Spanish red blend to accompany.

Red sauce style tonight. I splurged on fun stuff earlier this week, so gotta rein myself in a bit, no Copacabana nights 'til next week.

7295fedf-6474-4134-aafd-15e914d0d624.jpg

Still delish, though. The basic classics are clutch when yer famished! ;)

Red sauce style tonight. I splurged on fun stuff earlier this week, so gotta rein myself in a bit, no Copacabana nights 'til next week.

Still delish, though. The basic classics are clutch when yer famished! ;)

It was slow cooked beef short ribs turned into Texas chili, here.

A small bowl of leftover pesto pasta from the other night I didn't want to waste and a burger au poivre.

Well, more like a sandwich burger, I don't have the proper buns. Had to make do with my rye loaf and cut it up club style.

0edbed22877c2b3a8a3b98164bb406a490ec063b0fc7a6dd5affa845bcb6f838_large

I'll do it properly next time, promise. :D

Late-night leftover chicken & cashew nuts Szechuan style. I needed tangy last night and tonight is no diff.

bm2.jpg

Sauza Blue shots. Breezing through Emerald City S1.

Will do the do. :D

Zumi, I sure could have used you in the kitchen tonight. I'm beat. :eek:

Zumi, I sure could have used you in the kitchen tonight. I'm beat. :eek:

Mmmm. I like this thinking of you using me in the kitchen. :devil:

Especially when certain meals take thirty minutes or longer to bake in the oven! :D

Speaking of which, tonight is mac n' cheese, but with a slightly crumbly cheese crust instead of gooey.

20161028-baked-macaroni-cheese-sodium-citrate-vicky-wasik-20.jpg

Keepin' it strictly comfort!

Last edited:
Mmmm. I like this thinking of you using me in the kitchen. :devil:

Especially when certain meals take thirty minutes or longer to bake in the oven! :D

Speaking of which, tonight is mac n' cheese, but with a slightly crumbly cheese crust instead of gooey.

Keepin' it strictly comfort!

Leave it to you to pick up on that. ;)

5a6703ad70d8ef7b6ae47e28c259ac74--fish-platter-fish-fry.jpg

Beer battered cod n' fries tonight. Gonna do some binge watching and this is perf grub for doing so. However, subbing out the tartar sauce with spicy guac.

grancent-og.jpg

...chased with a few splashes of Gran Centenario. Likka stow has a heap cheap sale on the plata, so figured I'd try it out. Strong kick, not bad. The taste tells me it's made for shot knocking with limes and getting lit, but also makes for a good tekky lemonade if you're not in a hurry and want that slow grind ternt-up. :D

Local spanish takeout fare tonight - stewed chicken over rice -

Stewed-Chicken_10174.jpg

chased with some white wine.

For now. :D

Local spanish takeout fare tonight - stewed chicken over rice -

chased with some white wine.

For now. :D

We have soup with sourdough bread. The soup is made with mrs t's greenhouse tomatoes, kale, and some roasted free range organic chicken.

Last edited:
sezchuan-beef-stir-fry-4.jpg

Shredded beef Szechuan style tonight, plus le usual plata tequila. Spices are in order for the palate.

My nabe keeps it simple simon by having the likker joint next to the Szechuan takeout and both stay open late on the weekends to trap the party people looking to hook up their house gigs. Symbiotic relationship goals. :D

The other day, my boyfriend and I were making an apple-butterscotch cake. I made the butterscotch and was stirring in the flour. I showed it to him and asked him if it was good enough. There was still a little flour around the edges. He said that needed to be completely mixed in, and said "the only white thing I want to see in this kitchen is your fine ass."

Such a charmer.

The other day, my boyfriend and I were making an apple-butterscotch cake. I made the butterscotch and was stirring in the flour. I showed it to him and asked him if it was good enough. There was still a little flour around the edges. He said that needed to be completely mixed in, and said "the only white thing I want to see in this kitchen is your fine ass."

Such a charmer.

Please tell me you're nicking that line to use in your stories somewhere. ;)

Bowl o' good ol' New England clam chowder is the move tonight.

new-england-clam-chowder.jpg

And tekky lemonade. ;) No bread for dipping, tho'.

Back