Old School Musicianship… Rock and Roll.. Jazz… Blues… Big Band even…

As I've said before, I'm a big sucker for these 70s sappy ballads. Another song I haven't heard in ages.

The Bells - Stay Awhile

My college roommate got me hooked on Dire Straits, mainly by playing the Love Over Gold album over and over again. I'd lost track of him after leaving college, but in 2016 I was thinking about him and did some searching online for him. I found he had died about 8 months prior, I think from cancer. My timing was off and I got too busy with life I guess. No good excuses, really. This one's for him as I believe it was his favorite track off of the album.

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Last edited:
I'd lost track of him after leaving college, but in 2016 I was thinking about him and did some searching online for him. I found he had died about 8 months prior, I think from cancer. My timing was off and I got too busy with life I guess. No good excuses, really. This one's for him as I believe it was his favorite track off of the album.

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Who? Glen Campbell? He played with Dire Straits?

I’m so confused. 🤣🤣🤣

Who? Glen Campbell? He played with Dire Straits?

I’m so confused. 🤣🤣🤣

Glen Campbell died in 2017, so has to be someone else. As far as I could find, all the known members of Dire Straights are still alive.

I was referring to my old college roommate. I had deleted the first part of my post by mistake. I fixed it so it makes a little more sense now. And no, my college roommate was not Glen Campbell!

I was referring to my old college roommate. I had deleted the first part of my post by mistake. I fixed it so it makes a little more sense now. And no, my college roommate was not Glen Campbell!
I have had that happen way too many times! I look back at the beautifully crafted version of War And Piece I just type in, and part of it deleted itself mysteriously. Stupid iPad hates me. 🤣🤣🤣

Hey there! It's been awhile since I posted any songs. Thought I'd share this one - I haven't perused all 7000(!!!!) responses, so forgive me if it's a repeat.
My thread, and I don’t care if it is a repeat… I love this song, and hearing it again is exactly what I was wanting in this thread. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Thank you. ❤️❤️❤️🌹🌹🌹

Back