New Literotica Story Page Feedback & Comments

Why are you worried character count? Second if you're writing a story, you can put any text anywhere you want. I put the title right at the top, just under the copyright and author's note. I have also put author's notes at the end of some stories.

If you expect Lit to let you know what story you are reading... They do in most cases, yet if your read via the lit android app, then no.

As for the stars you gave... if you're reading on the lit app, tap the screen once, upper right hand corner, triple dots, tap that, it will display a list of items, if you already voted, that will be grayed out.

On a desktop version, bottom of the last page of the story...

Thanks.
I have android 11 on my phone and tablet and can't get voting to work it comes up with error "something went wrong" on both devices

I am a long time reader and I using the reader in my iPhone iPad and iMac to read on the browser with ease. Sadly I have noticed in the last year or two the reader is not going to the next page with me I will be on page two and it will still load up page one. Also several years ago you used to because to load multiple page stories in the reader and just read it there rather than go page to page. I missed that feature and I hope it comes back. I am reporting this as a long time error if anyone is asking. Or if I need direction in where I should report this error. Last night I notice Firefox app does this also.

The Home page seems to have vanished, and the link to stories etc at the bottom of pages.

ty drobert -
yes, that saying - rule number one for mere mortals.
shake's so great - I've been to Stratford on Avon 3 times. the last with my grandkid.
actually his plays are how I learned English. easy to read, understand.

ty oggbashan.
all those times I've been to London, never the globe :(
always said next time.
next time - when the world allows me.

words for mere mortals - beware the ides of march.
jc :)

Baxck to my original post:

You used to be able to go to Literotica's Home from the links at the bottom of the Forum. Not any more. 'Home' goes to Forum home.

The link to stories has gone too.

I am a retired programmer/systems analyst. I have a simple change that could be made easily to one or many of your story list screens that would make selecting the next story much easier and would encourage readers to use the "Please Rate This Story" option.

The change is: when creating story lists, , look up the reader's "Please Rate This Story" score and display the value as a single character: Null=blank, 1=>"sad", 2=>"ok-ish", 3=>"happy", 4=>"pleased"; and finally 5 mapping to "*!" (a brilliantly happy reader icon/emoji).

I believe this should be implementable by a simple call to a simple, common subroutine, just like you show the ""NEW "HOT" and other symbols on the "My Authors Activity" screen.
This simple additional bit of information would help your readers find and re-read loved stories, skip unliked stories, and identify unread stories likely to be good.

I'll gladly give you more details, if you like.

Cut and paste of images stopped working a few days ago :(

As I try to paste ONLY a prompt shows up but no picture :(

Also, I have almost 3,000 posts and am still called a " virgin" WTF?

I apologize if this has been covered. I keep getting notifications of comments on my works in the Adult comics and Erotic Art categories, but I'm guessing nobody is approving the comments. I know it takes a few days usually, but I have several that are significantly older than that.

Just wanted to see if anybody was aware of the issue. Thanks.

I apologize if this has been covered. I keep getting notifications of comments on my works in the Adult comics and Erotic Art categories, but I'm guessing nobody is approving the comments. I know it takes a few days usually, but I have several that are significantly older than that.

Just wanted to see if anybody was aware of the issue. Thanks.
Nobody "approves" comments. There's a batch spam detection system which delays comments at least a few hours, and I've seen reports of delays up to a day. Then, different parts of the system update at different times, so one page can show something exists, but on another page, not yet. It all eventually turns up - unless of course it was spam in the first place.

Nobody "approves" comments. There's a batch spam detection system which delays comments at least a few hours, and I've seen reports of delays up to a day. Then, different parts of the system update at different times, so one page can show something exists, but on another page, not yet. It all eventually turns up - unless of course it was spam in the first place.
Okay, I think my comments have all caught up finally. A few were several weeks old before they showed up.

The other question I have is the approval on visual art. It seems like nobody is pushing thru any art. Maybe one or two new works show up per month. Any ideas what the holdup is there?

I had submitted a bunch late last year/early this year. Nothing was approved for several months, so I got frustrated and retracted them all. I have since submitted two more, but again it's been maybe 3 or 4 months and no approval. Is it worth even submitting over there anymore?

Okay, I think my comments have all caught up finally. A few were several weeks old before they showed up.

The other question I have is the approval on visual art. It seems like nobody is pushing thru any art. Maybe one or two new works show up per month. Any ideas what the holdup is there?

I had submitted a bunch late last year/early this year. Nothing was approved for several months, so I got frustrated and retracted them all. I have since submitted two more, but again it's been maybe 3 or 4 months and no approval. Is it worth even submitting over there anymore?
No idea. Visual art always took longer, but I've not submitted any for a couple of years, so don't know now what's going on. Have you tried to contact Laurel? That would be worth a try.

After unfavoriting an author, I still see updates from that author in my latest activity feed. Am I missing a setting or something?

As of a couple of weeks ago I can no longer post images from Tumblr to Lit Playground. Before this issue, I merely clicked the "Copy Image" on the Tumblr image and pasted directly to the Playground. The image address was pasted, and when I clicked "Post reply" on the thread, the image (not the image info) was displayed in the post. If the image was too large, Lit let me know that, and I could not post it. Those image I resized on my MacBook, down loaded the image to Imgur, and from Imgur pasted the Image onto the Playground thread. Now I can't past anything from Tumblr directly to the thread.

Are others having this issue?

After unfavoriting an author, I still see updates from that author in my latest activity feed. Am I missing a setting or something?
Not a big surprise. This feature has always been a bit flaky, showing events after unfavouriting and vice- versa. if you think of the complexity involved in cross linking favorites to stories and authors I am almost certain it is not a real time process. The favoriting/unfavouriting response is so quick it is guaranteed that the change is shown as an event with the rest of the database updates taking place later. The Many to many relationship between authors and users is forbidden in SQL geometry so has to be simulated - if you add in the links to stories, story favorites, star ratings etc... I'm pretty sure some of this is done using 'stored procedures' which are not run in real time - that means that some of the links to favorited authors are going to be updated much later so you will see them in your lists. I also suspect that part of the favorites list is static, mainly for performance, so older entries aren't removed immediately.
Also if a Stored procedure or batch process fails, and they do, some of the changes may not be applied, eg, your info, until the problem is fixed. I can't imaging lit is at the front of the queue for maintenance, Manu et. al. have to make a living too.

Please share your feedback on the new Literotica Story Page in this thread.

You can turn the new story page on or off at any time by using this option in your member control panel:
Options > My Options > Participate in early site feature versions beta-testing?
(Remember to click "Save" after updating.)

If you have a bug or issue to report, please share as much information as possible, including what browser you are using.

If you'd rather send information privately, you can use the Literotica Feedback Form anytime.

While we may not reply to every comment individually, we will read every single one.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback, bug reports, and suggestions! :D
I just started writing and waiting for approval

Is it my imagination or is the "Most Talked about Stories This Week" on the beta pages out of date for most, if not all, categories?

1681163897714.png

Back