New Literotica Story Page Feedback & Comments

Error in sending messages

From about a week Literotica does not let me to send private feedback to the writer of the story, or send a message to a writer via "Contact" option.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards

It happens always to people that have the receive feedback option active...

Could some Lit Tech help, please?

From about a week Literotica does not let me to send private feedback to the writer of the story, or send a message to a writer via "Contact" option.

Could some Lit Tech help, please?

Please re-order sections on stories page

I've said this before, but it's just inconceivable to me ("You keep using that word .. ") that a "Stories" page doesn't get to the stories links until the very bottom of the page. With the vast majority of such links, ie the categories and even the authors index page, only showing up once you scroll down. A lot. (See attachment.)

In the new design I can see no Reason for Community, Resources, and Shop Literotica all to be above Stories and Categories on a stories page, especially considering they take up so much of the page.

As noted in my previous post, it's a stories page. The links to stories should come first. Everything else only after all of the stories sections.

So I suggest and request that the order of the sections be changed to this:

EROTIC STORIES
EROTIC STORY CATEGORIES
ADULT COMICS & ART
POETRY
SPECIAL SECTIONS
SEARCH LITEROTICA
COMMUNITY
RESOURCES
SHOP LITEROTICA

My personal preference would actually be for Categories to be first, but I realize that on a Stories page that probably doesn't make sense to most. Either way works, since both will end up on the "first " page of the scroll if this order is used.

Having said that, and whether or not you make the above change, please also consider allowing the user to specify the order of the sections on this page in their user settings or whatever.

You might also consider removing Community, Resources and Shop to their own separate "Tools" page or something, separate from Stories. Unless you intend the Stories page to become the new home page.

Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
EROTIC STORIES
EROTIC STORY CATEGORIES
ADULT COMICS & ART
POETRY
SEARCH LITEROTICA
SPECIAL SECTIONS
COMMUNITY
RESOURCES
SHOP LITEROTICA

Sorry, got the order wrong. I like the current positioning of Search relative to the other "Story" sections. I just want the "Story" sections to come first.

Yesssss!

I've said this before, but it's just inconceivable to me ("You keep using that word .. ") that a "Stories" page doesn't get to the stories links until the very bottom of the page. With the vast majority of such links, ie the categories and even the authors index page, only showing up once you scroll down. A lot. (See attachment.)

In the new design I can see no Reason for Community, Resources, and Shop Literotica all to be above Stories and Categories on a stories page, especially considering they take up so much of the page.

As noted in my previous post, it's a stories page. The links to stories should come first. Everything else only after all of the stories sections.

So I suggest and request that the order of the sections be changed to this:

EROTIC STORIES
EROTIC STORY CATEGORIES
ADULT COMICS & ART
POETRY
SPECIAL SECTIONS
SEARCH LITEROTICA
COMMUNITY
RESOURCES
SHOP LITEROTICA

My personal preference would actually be for Categories to be first, but I realize that on a Stories page that probably doesn't make sense to most. Either way works, since both will end up on the "first " page of the scroll if this order is used.

Having said that, and whether or not you make the above change, please also consider allowing the user to specify the order of the sections on this page in their user settings or whatever.

You might also consider removing Community, Resources and Shop to their own separate "Tools" page or something, separate from Stories. Unless you intend the Stories page to become the new home page.

Thanks for listening.

Yes!!!

Patience

I don't think Lit earns enough to justify full time support so Manu and Laurel are probably focused on their paying customers and responding to requests and faults can be slow. I notice some of the requests are by no means trivial to fix.
There comes a time when an optional beta has to become the base code - double development is expensive AND risky. Bear in mind that Lit supports a plethora of browsers and devices and the old classic Lit is not too clever with phones and tablets.
They have to draw a line somewhere.

Mind you, as an inconsiderate user I still want page count rather than length, star ratings at the start and the title repeated at the end near the stars.
Is there any way the part linking could run earlier than more than 12 hours after posting and whether you could fix the existing broken links.

Finally a rough timeframe for changes would help us prepare for changes.

Thanks

Unable to use FeedBack

Hi,

I am not able to send feedback for some time. Can someone please help out?

Lisa

Time Table

I'm a new author, but 9 days seems like a fairly absurd amount of time to publish stories. Am I wrong? Multiple stories are the first chapters of ongoing stories upon which I'd like feedback before beginning part 2. Maybe I'm way off the mark on this. Would just like some input. Thanks.

Unless this has changed, "Illustrated Stories" is treated as a category in its own right. The trouble with this is that it masks more important categorization by genre. The fact that it is illustrated should just be a checkbox on submission, so that the story shows up when browsing the category related to its primary genre, as well as if you browse all Illustrated Stories.

Why is it that when I start a convo, I can't attach a file?

Conversation are restricted from attachments as the attachment lives on your machine or on Lit's server. You can provide a link to an image that lives on the net by providing an URL to the image.

Last edited:
Patience

I don't think Lit earns enough to justify full time support so Manu and Laurel are probably focused on their paying customers and responding to requests and faults can be slow. I notice some of the requests are by no means trivial to fix.
There comes a time when an optional beta has to become the base code - double development is expensive AND risky. Bear in mind that Lit supports a plethora of browsers and devices and the old classic Lit is not too clever with phones and tablets.
They have to draw a line somewhere.

Mind you, as an inconsiderate user I still want page count rather than length, star ratings at the start and the title repeated at the end near the stars.
Is there any way the part linking could run earlier than more than 12 hours after posting and whether you could fix the existing broken links.

Finally a rough timeframe for changes would help us prepare for changes.

Thanks
They have no paying customers. We, the authors of literotica are their customers.

Now as to your other complaints...

You say you want the title of the story at the end of the story... well put it there yourself in the body text.

As for length verses pages... Depending on what type of device you use, the number of pages will change. Now on a desktop the page length is fixed at approx. 3750 characters, multiply that by the number of pages and you get the length. Now on my tablet using the Lit Android app the page length depends on the size of the text I choose. Want to know the length, count the number of words on a page and multiply by the number of pages.

The part linking runs after all the stories have been posted for that day. As for fixing mistakes that may have been made, it was announce that the series will be, sometime in the future, under the control of the author.

I too have several that could use fixing, but what the hell, I don't pay to publish here and it costs nothing for people to read here. You get what you pay for.

They have no paying customers. We, the authors of literotica are their customers.

Now as to your other complaints...

You say you want the title of the story at the end of the story... well put it there yourself in the body text.
Thanks Zeb: I cannot believe they do Lit full time! summat has to pay the bills. I do know the challenges: I write some of this kind of stuff but the rendering engine seems to be able to figure it out so it can't be that hard to repeat at the top. There is no way on God's earth that I will remember 3750 or for that matter be able to divide by that in my head and I think for longer stories the character count gets decidedly murky.
"well put it there yourself in the body text"????? Even if I knew how, not easy for fumblefingers to do on a phone. It used to be there at the end as part of the comments dialog "Comments for <title>. and I'd have to go to the end to do it. i know I'm persnickety. And I'd still like to know what stars i gave it so I don't read a couple of pages and think "this is mighty familiar". Would encourage star giving all round.
btw, I do like your stories.

So I can no longer post anything that is longer than 10,000 characters? That really sucks for the role play forum.

So I can no longer post anything that is longer than 10,000 characters? That really sucks for the role play forum.
Seconding this, is there any chance we can get this bumped up? Having to split posts into two and three different posts is quickly getting tedious.

I'd like the option to view all comments, oldest to newest, with the entire comment showing. It's a pain to have to keep clicking on "read more" and "Show More."
I second this. Also when clicking on comments from the activity screen I dont want to select NEWEST everytime. Make it do I can kerp them dirted by newest.

Time Table

I'm a new author, but 9 days seems like a fairly absurd amount of time to publish stories. Am I wrong? Multiple stories are the first chapters of ongoing stories upon which I'd like feedback before beginning part 2. Maybe I'm way off the mark on this. Would just like some input. Thanks.
I came on here looking to see if there was an issue in this area as well. I posted a story about a couple of weeks back, and then emailed support a few days ago - as nothing has seemed to happen - and am yet to hear back. I appreciate that this is free to me, and a great site it is. It is the first time I've had delays and so wondered if it was my error / issue hence emailing through to find out!

I was wondering if you guys needed help? I submitted an edit to a story that I would like to continue. I have the second chapter ready but the edit still hasn't posted. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong on my end so I resubmitted again yesterday after it was in que for over 12 days. After finding this thread and seeing that this seems to have developed as an ongoing issue for others is why I now ask. Do you guys need help? If I can help let me know. I appreciate the work you guys do, thanks.

I was wondering if you guys needed help? I submitted an edit to a story that I would like to continue. I have the second chapter ready but the edit still hasn't posted. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong on my end so I resubmitted again yesterday after it was in que for over 12 days. After finding this thread and seeing that this seems to have developed as an ongoing issue for others is why I now ask. Do you guys need help? If I can help let me know. I appreciate the work you guys do, thanks.
According to the guidelines on posting if you re-submit then you go back to the end of the queue. Sorry to let you know! I'd been considering doing the same, at least before I saw I wasn't the only one with a 'stuck' story. I guess I'll wait it out until the good people here return from... somewhere interesting for them I hope!

According to the guidelines on posting if you re-submit then you go back to the end of the queue. Sorry to let you know! I'd been considering doing the same, at least before I saw I wasn't the only one with a 'stuck' story. I guess I'll wait it out until the good people here return from... somewhere interesting for them I hope!
I just wanted to come back and say my 'stuck' story is now up - many thanks to those responsible - to give hope to anyone else in the same situation. A delay, but not lost forever or some of the other things that might have worried people with their stories!

Error in sending messages

That reader may have that option turned off.

Thanks Zeb: I cannot believe they do Lit full time! summat has to pay the bills. I do know the challenges: I write some of this kind of stuff but the rendering engine seems to be able to figure it out so it can't be that hard to repeat at the top. There is no way on God's earth that I will remember 3750 or for that matter be able to divide by that in my head and I think for longer stories the character count gets decidedly murky.
"well put it there yourself in the body text"????? Even if I knew how, not easy for fumblefingers to do on a phone. It used to be there at the end as part of the comments dialog "Comments for <title>. and I'd have to go to the end to do it. i know I'm persnickety. And I'd still like to know what stars i gave it so I don't read a couple of pages and think "this is mighty familiar". Would encourage star giving all round.
btw, I do like your stories.
Why are you worried character count? Second if you're writing a story, you can put any text anywhere you want. I put the title right at the top, just under the copyright and author's note. I have also put author's notes at the end of some stories.

If you expect Lit to let you know what story you are reading... They do in most cases, yet if your read via the lit android app, then no.

As for the stars you gave... if you're reading on the lit app, tap the screen once, upper right hand corner, triple dots, tap that, it will display a list of items, if you already voted, that will be grayed out.

On a desktop version, bottom of the last page of the story...

Thanks.

As for the stars you gave... if you're reading on the lit app, tap the screen once, upper right hand corner, triple dots, tap that, it will display a list of items, if you already voted, that will be grayed out.

On a desktop version, bottom of the last page of the story...
I'd stick a vote for the desktop version getting the stars I previously gave a story appear at the top of the first page, where the story info currently sits. I've got into the habit of flicking to the end of any story I'm about to read to see if I've previously rated it. That's not a big issue, but if a small tweak to how things were set-up would amend it then that would be a good thing (for me at least).

Back