Cannot receive or send private feedback

Hello,

I recently joined Literotica and have posted two audios and one written piece. Soon after posting my first audio, a listener posted a comment telling me that he tried to send me private feedback but couldn't. He said he received a message in red warning about spam. I created another profile to see if I could send myself private feedback and of course I received the same error message. I also tried to send private feedback to an author I know and the system is telling me I cannot send messages. He has also told me that he cannot send messages. I contacted Manu, Laurel and the webmaster last Tuesday and have yet to hear back from anyone. The browser I'm using is Microsoft Edge. I've checked my control panel settings and it looks like my private feedback has been enabled. I'm growing increasingly frustrated as people are trying to contact me but can't. I have not sent spam to anyone. I have a link to my Reddit profile listed in my bio but as far as I know we are allowed to post extrenal links in our bio (I know several authors that have links to other sites such as Patreon listed in their bio)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you,
MMX

Hello,

I recently joined Literotica and have posted two audios and one written piece. Soon after posting my first audio, a listener posted a comment telling me that he tried to send me private feedback but couldn't. He said he received a message in red warning about spam. I created another profile to see if I could send myself private feedback and of course I received the same error message. I also tried to send private feedback to an author I know and the system is telling me I cannot send messages. He has also told me that he cannot send messages. I contacted Manu, Laurel and the webmaster last Tuesday and have yet to hear back from anyone. The browser I'm using is Microsoft Edge. I've checked my control panel settings and it looks like my private feedback has been enabled. I'm growing increasingly frustrated as people are trying to contact me but can't. I have not sent spam to anyone. I have a link to my Reddit profile listed in my bio but as far as I know we are allowed to post extrenal links in our bio (I know several authors that have links to other sites such as Patreon listed in their bio)

Thank you,
MMX

Just sent you a test-message through your profile page. No red message telling me about SPAM.

But that feature is notoriously broken. Even if users get a success message after hitting send, it takes anywhere between minutes and days for messages to arrive in your email inbox. If they arrive at all.

The spam message is triggered by sending too many messages in too short of a time. Last time I got hit with it, it took 24 hours to clear, but that was years ago.

Just sent you a test-message through your profile page. No red message telling me about SPAM.

But that feature is notoriously broken. Even if users get a success message after hitting send, it takes anywhere between minutes and days for messages to arrive in your email inbox. If they arrive at all.
Thank you for checking :) Unfortunately, I just tried to send a test message to myself (using another profile) and I still get the red spam message. The funny thing is I don’t have a problem leaving comments. Can I ask a small favor? Can you try to send me private feedback on one of my audios instead of through my profile page? That’s where the message seems to be coming up…

Greatly appreciated!

The spam message is triggered by sending too many messages in too short of a time. Last time I got hit with it, it took 24 hours to clear, but that was years ago.
Thanks for your response! :) I used to have an account on Literotica but deleted it in December. After a few months away, I decided to re-join Literotica. I used the same name that I used with my previous deleted account (Mysterious Madame X) however the email address Im using is different. I’m starting to wonder if THAT’S the issue. It’s the same user name but the email address is different.

Can I ask a small favor? Can you try to send me private feedback on one of my audios instead of through my profile page? That’s where the message seems to be coming up…

Holy crap! That went through instantly! At least the copy arrived in my inbox the moment I hit the send-button.

I didn't even know that Lit had now two different feedback forms that, apparently, use two different mail servers. And the mail that is sent looks completely different as well. That's pretty interesting.

Hi all,

So, is this a known problem with the message system? I've sent myself feedback both anonymously and using a different email address, but they haven't come through. Granted that was only about 6 hours ago, so looking at the thread it may still come through.

I didn't know if I'd expect a receipt to the other email address I used, but I've checked and nothing came through. This was using the contact tab on the author page. I got a success message both times, so I'm just not sure. I have tried from the submission private feedback too, but if I try to send more than one (sending with and then without my email address) then I get a message saying that I'm potential spam!

Both the email addresses I tried are hotmail.com/live.co.uk addresses, would that affect anything?

Any thoughts?

So, is this a known problem with the message system?

Yes. I've seen (and created myself) multiple threads about this problem over the last two years. My guess is, now that I know there is a new system in place that actually works, they're just ignoring the broken contact tab in the users' profiles until they get around to launching the redesign for the profile pages, including the new mailing system in that.

Sorry if this has been answered but I’ve tried testing feedback through email and it isn’t working. Anyone know why I’m not receiving the feedback emails?

Hello,

Thank you,
MMX
Hi MMX, did you get that issue resolved? I've tried to say hello and to some other authors as well and there's just nothing coming back from people. I gave up after a while. I managed to make contact with one by setting up a one person discussion on the forum page.

Hi MMX, did you get that issue resolved? I've tried to say hello and to some other authors as well and there's just nothing coming back from people. I gave up after a while. I managed to make contact with one by setting up a one person discussion on the forum page.
Just because you send someone feedback through the Contact page, and give your own email address for a reply, that doesn't mean you will get a reply. It's completely up to authors whether they choose to engage.

Many don't want to respond, but might like getting feedback. There's no obligation on them to reply, though.

What form are you using? The one in the user profile or the one underneath the stories?
Because the one underneath the stories should send a copy of your message to your own email address. If that arrives, it's safe to assume that the message also arrived in the author's inbox.

This is what it looks like when I try to send feedback to myself, or others:

1712698416055.png

Back