New Literotica Story Page Feedback & Comments

I noticed a few weeks ago that the "Most Talked About" widget/plug in/whatever was constantly cycling but never displaying anything. A few days after that, it seems to have reverted to the last list it had before the constant cycling.

Favorites vs. Following.

As per the attached screen grab, I can add an author to my 'favorites' (which should now be referred to as 'following'?). I'm then offered a link to "Edit your favorites", which takes me to:

https://www.literotica.com/members/edit_favorites.php

This is a list of favorite Stories, not Editors. I think the URL should be:

https://literotica.com/my/#/following

or some equivalent editing page for my list of Editors, not Stories.

Attachments

• FavLink.jpg
    FavLink.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 3
Please share your feedback on the new Literotica Story Page in this thread.

You can turn the new story page on or off at any time by using this option in your member control panel:
Options > My Options > Participate in early site feature versions beta-testing?
(Remember to click "Save" after updating.)

If you have a bug or issue to report, please share as much information as possible, including what browser you are using.

If you'd rather send information privately, you can use the Literotica Feedback Form anytime.

While we may not reply to every comment individually, we will read every single one.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback, bug reports, and suggestions! :D
What’s new on here ???

A minor bug bear of mine that goes back several years…

When I first started coming to Literotica, there was a function where, if you clicked on a story, the link would change colour, so you would know you've clicked on it. Sadly, at some point that function disappeared.

It would be hugely helpful if it was brought back. When you go to a page of stories, dozens of them lined up, one after the other, you can forget where you were, and which story you were last reading. It would be so helpful if the site gave you a reminder.

Yes, and while Lit is busy doing that, she could give us a history of stories we've recently read, a gift to those of us with poor short term memories. I do like that our comments are now approved instantly. Thank you for that!

Suggestion add a box at the end of a story, that the user selects marking the story as read. On the author story page there is a column for read, if marked, that story has been read by the user. We need a way to know we have read a story instead scrolling to the end and seeing if we rated or commented.

I've been having a problem for a few months now, where stories won't load. It only seems to happen on Safari. You click on the link and it errors, saying the page can't be opened.

You can turn the new story page on or off at any time by using this option in your member control panel:

If you have a bug or issue to report, please share as much information as possible, including what browser you are using.

If you'd rather send information privately, you can use the Literotica Feedback Form anytime.

While we may not reply to every comment individually, we will read every single one.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback, bug reports, and suggestions! :D
My tablet Samsung Tab S6 Lite with Android 13, and the latest up-to-date Opera browser shows slightly weird views in both Potrait and Landscape view. See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240101_234739_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_234739_Opera.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240101_234952_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_234952_Opera.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240101_235401_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_235401_Opera.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 5
Just popping in to mention that even with the few fiddly little bugs and annoyances we've had, this new system is still way better than the old, y'all keep on keeping on

The story count is inconsistent on story pages. Look at some of the stories by Tom_Brown for an example. The number in parenthesis is the story count on that particular story page.

My Lifestyle Experiences 01 (31)
My Lifestyle Experiences 01 (36)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 1 (35)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 2 (32)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 3 (36)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 4 (35)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 5 (36)
Tim and Tina's Discovery (31)
Tim and Tina's Discovery 2 (35)
Tim and Tina's Discovery 3 (36)
Tim and Tina's Discovery 4 (35)

The story count is inconsistent on story pages. Look at some of the stories by Tom_Brown for an example. The number in parenthesis is the story count on that particular story page.

My Lifestyle Experiences 01 (31)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 1 (35)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 2 (32)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 3 (36)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 4 (35)
Summertime Awakening Pt. 5 (36)
Tim and Tina's Discovery (31)
Tim and Tina's Discovery 2 (35)
Tim and Tina's Discovery 3 (36)
Tim and Tina's Discovery 4 (35)
Looks like a flaw in Lit’s system.

for sure. nothing an author can control. Noticed it on yours because I was poking around your other stories. (aside: love Tim and Tina's Discovery!)

It is probably there to ease the strain on server resources (ie, reduce the total number of queries by dumbing down something that's not critical to the user experience.)

for sure. nothing an author can control. Noticed it on yours because I was poking around your other stories. (aside: love Tim and Tina's Discovery!)

It is probably there to ease the strain on server resources (ie, reduce the total number of queries by dumbing down something that's not critical to the user experience.)
Thanks for reading and the kind feedback.

I'd really like some feedback on why my latest story wasn't even considered. That's a freaking insult, man. Or woman. I've asked twice now, once a month, why it hasn't been approved or dissaproved, and you're siitent. Up your game.

I'd really like some feedback on why my latest story wasn't even considered. That's a freaking insult, man. Or woman. I've asked twice now, once a month, why it hasn't been approved or dissaproved, and you're siitent. Up your game.
I'm not an author it looks like your first story from the other posts it can take a week or 2 for them to approve the story since your first might take longer.

If there’s a problem with a submission, message laurel through the forum’s direct message system.

Have there been problems with postingg in some of the Forums? I just get this pop-up that says, "Oops, we ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

Have there been problems with postingg in some of the Forums? I just get this pop-up that says, "Oops, we ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."
I’ve had that happen and I just refresh the page. Then my post works.

Yeah, this one is pretty common. If I have typed out a post or a PM when I see this message, I copy whatever I had typed and then refresh and then paste the text after the refresh.

Back