Unable to add works to series; error "Not Found"

Kasumi_Lee

Experienced
Hi everyone, I'm Kasumi Lee.

Since the 24th, I've been unable to add new chapters to an existing series. My latest series is meant to be a four-part series (part 4 isn't out yet), but every time I've tried to add chapter 3 to the series, I get the error "not found".

I filed a bug report via the official bug reporting web page several days ago, and before then I filed a bug report using the Literotica feedback feature, and so far I've received no reply. As a last resort, I've deleted the series and tried to recreate it completely, but I'm now totally unable to add the stories to the newly recreated series. I just get the same error "not found", even though the stories are right there in the list and not part of any other series.

For the record, the series is "Ihr kleines Geheimnis" (German language series), and I have three chapters out which are meant to be part of the series. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Best,

KL

I'm having the same problem. I think maybe the mod created an automatic series after I created a manually-managed one for my story "Mary's Movie Night". The auto series didn't have the first two chapters in it. I tried deleting the automatic series, waiting overnight for any refresh in the data etc. I see my stories multiple times in the list of works when I go to add manually to the series and get the "not found" error, regardless of what I click on.

I'm having the same problem. I think maybe the mod created an automatic series after I created a manually-managed one for my story "Mary's Movie Night". The auto series didn't have the first two chapters in it. I tried deleting the automatic series, waiting overnight for any refresh in the data etc. I see my stories multiple times in the list of works when I go to add manually to the series and get the "not found" error, regardless of what I click on.
The mods never bothered to respond to the two bug reports I filed about this, but I did find a workaround.

If I remember correctly, you go to series, click "manage works", then find the stories you want to add (you'll have to do this one chapter at a time) and click the plus sign. Then you select the pre-existing series you want to add the chapter to (it has to be an unfinished series). Once you've added all the chapters, go back to the series tab, click the cog icon for the series, then go to "series works", then click "reorder series", and finally rearrange the chapters into the correct order.

Hope this helps!

KL

The mods never bothered to respond to the two bug reports I filed about this, but I did find a workaround.

If I remember correctly, you go to series, click "manage works", then find the stories you want to add (you'll have to do this one chapter at a time) and click the plus sign. Then you select the pre-existing series you want to add the chapter to (it has to be an unfinished series). Once you've added all the chapters, go back to the series tab, click the cog icon for the series, then go to "series works", then click "reorder series", and finally rearrange the chapters into the correct order.

Hope this helps!

KL
Yes, this.

I had to do the same, completely disassemble the existing series, then start new ones, and rebuild them. It took a couple of goes to figure out how the Series builder works, but got there in the end. I was fixing a four year old glitch, where the auto-chapter system went wrong, and doubled up a chaptered story on my story page.

Back