New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

You can get an exact number of views by mousing over (or, if you're on a tablet, tapping) the viewcount.

Yes, but that doesn't work for the Vote Count. And the tiny amount of space conserved (and extra time and code for mouse over event) hardly seem worth it for either case. Just the data please.

-MM

It sounds like a bug if you aren't seeing Stories which are already published on the site?

If you go to My Authors > Latest Works:
https://literotica.com/my/#/activity/latest_works
Do you see all of the latest works by this author, or is that one story missing from this view as well?

The latest story by that author doesn't show on that list at all. Another one that is doing the same thing is the author TheTalkMan. The latest story shown in the new control panel is "Trilogy of Tits and Terror Ch. 02", but the actual newest story is "Trilogy of Tits and Terror Ch. 03". This story doesn't show up at all on the Latest Works page either.

The stories that are missing by each author are both in series. Could the backend code be looking at them differently because of that?

The latest story by that author doesn't show on that list at all. Another one that is doing the same thing is the author TheTalkMan. The latest story shown in the new control panel is "Trilogy of Tits and Terror Ch. 02", but the actual newest story is "Trilogy of Tits and Terror Ch. 03". This story doesn't show up at all on the Latest Works page either.

The stories that are missing by each author are both in series. Could the backend code be looking at them differently because of that?

Thank you for this example. If you notice any other stories not appearing in your feed, please let me know.

I think that your theory about them both being part of a Series may be related. However, the previous story "Trilogy of Tits and Terror Ch. 02" (excellent name) is also part of a Series (and not the first part). I'm not sure why that one would appear and the other one wouldn't.

We are trying to track down this issue now and I'm hopeful we'll be able to resolve it soon.

Thank you again! :D

Will this layout become the layout for the LIT site as well?

I like is a lot, although it is a bit spacious

Will the forum also be integrated in the dashboard, as in, when you get a message it will appear in your dashboard?

The only thing that keeps me reverting to the old dashboard is that I don't like the preview of a posted story. In the old dashboard I can see the pages, in the new dashboard it is one long page.

Now that the BETA has gone live, we really would like to see the real vote count.

Votes on the https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works/stories/published page are truncated after 1000 votes and there is no way to see the real number.
1000 -> 1K
1001 -> 1K
1099 -> 1K
1100 -> 1.1K

With a decimal . and a K it saves one character. The published image https://www.literotica.com/my/assets/images/published.png takes up way more space and isn't needed since you are on the published page...

Please give us back the raw vote.

-MM

I just tried the new portal today. It's beautiful. Like so exciting! I think MindsMirror though makes some salient points about stats and recent activity. (But it looks so VIBRANT!) Nice job!

Okay, I guess in the end there will be no choice but to go to the new interface. I'm not enthusiastic about it. No way is it mobile friendly. When I post a new story I like to see the views and stats. Cant. Mouse over doesn't work on mobile. Text way to big. No way can I safely browseat work with those huge titles. Screen design is, sorry, sucky for mobile use. Going to be cutting down on my access lots. Which is sad.

Okay, I guess in the end there will be no choice but to go to the new interface. I'm not enthusiastic about it. No way is it mobile friendly. When I post a new story I like to see the views and stats. Cant. Mouse over doesn't work on mobile. Text way to big. No way can I safely browseat work with those huge titles. Screen design is, sorry, sucky for mobile use. Going to be cutting down on my access lots. Which is sad.

Also, unlike the old interface, the new one isn't mobile responsive. My eyesight is not the best s nd usually I need to increase the display size. Can do on old. Cannot do on new. You gotta think these things thru before you dump that old interface

Likewise.

• I have great trouble reading the grey-coloured text. It breaches the rules for making web sites disabled-friendly. Text must be strongly contrasted against the background.
  • The layout is too cluttered. Masses of research has been done in the past as to how to present information effectively. Why do the new generation of web designers choose to ignore it?
  • I used to be able to copy scores, votes and views and paste them into a spreadsheet. Can't do that now unless I'm content with a rounded number of views. Similarly, if I'm in a hurry I used to be able to print the scores, votes and views page as a pdf and update the spreadsheet later. Can't do that now because of the rounded views figure.

Please do not cut off access to the Old Control Panel. This new one has a few useful tools but not enough to make up for the downsides.

Likewise.

• I have great trouble reading the grey-coloured text. It breaches the rules for making web sites disabled-friendly. Text must be strongly contrasted against the background.

Plus, I cannot read the text (light-blue or grey) while scrolling because of the lack of contrast, so I have to page down instead, which takes a lot longer.

Very poor.

Just wanted to tell you all that I really have enjoyed using the new interface! It's wonderful!

My only complaint is there isn't really a Mobile friendly version yet, but it's nothing for me to really complain about. Still a very good update over the old one.

My only complaint is there isn't really a Mobile friendly version yet, but it's nothing for me to really complain about. Still a very good update over the old one.

Thank you for the feedback and positive comment. Can you clarify what you mean by "there isn't really a Mobile friendly version yet"? What happens when you access the new Control Panel on a mobile device? It should be responsive and you should see a full screen version of the new Control Panel on your small screen device.

If anyone else is having problems with accessing the new Lit Control Panel on mobile, please let me know what you are seeing instead of a mobile friendly version of the Control Panel.

Thank you again! :D

I have to look at 11 pages instead of one to see my story statistics.

That is bad enough but I'm having to concentrate to see the control page at all because of the lack of contrast.

It's not just that I don't like change - I don't, but this new panel is more difficult to see and takes much longer for me to find what I want to know.

If this is to be the ONLY interface I'll have to reduce the number of stories I have posted as oggbashan because the new one doesn't help me to manage the submissions. Perhaps I should switch to oggbashan101 to 199 with a few stories each. But that would be a nightmare to organise.

Added...

And another page to see my Poetry. :mad:

12 pages instead of one is a real backwards step.

Thank you again for the comments.

I have started another thread specifically to address readability issues that some users have expressed concerns about. If you are having problems actually reading text in the new Lit Control Panel, please join us here:

New Lit Control Panel Readability Issues & Solutions

All other issues can remain in this thread, but I wanted a dedicated place to discuss and solve issues that are making the new control panel hard to read for some users.

Thank you! :D

I have to look at 11 pages instead of one to see my story statistics.

That is bad enough but I'm having to concentrate to see the control page at all because of the lack of contrast.

It's not just that I don't like change - I don't, but this new panel is more difficult to see and takes much longer for me to find what I want to know.

If this is to be the ONLY interface I'll have to reduce the number of stories I have posted as oggbashan because the new one doesn't help me to manage the submissions. Perhaps I should switch to oggbashan101 to 199 with a few stories each. But that would be a nightmare to organise.

Thank you for the feedback. :D

As far as the font color/contrast issues, we have heard the same concern from several Lit users today. We are certain that, with member input, we can improve the contrast ratio of critical text. I have started a new thread to work on readability issues. You can find that thread here.

As far as the increased number of pages to view submissions, I'm hopeful that we can work on that over time as well. We have competing issues here that aren't as easy to resolve as the readability stuff. We want to be able to offer more options and show more data and it's not easy to do that in less space.

We also have to follow mobile design guidelines, which require more spacing between any links included in the story listing blocks to allow touch friendliness (fingers are not as skinny as mice pointers).

And we already have some users reporting that the fonts are too big and others saying the same fonts are too small. :D

Again, I am hopeful that we can improve these issues. It's just a matter of figuring out what is most important to authors and readers, then making changes to reach those goals.

For example, if more space is needed for an interface that includes clickable icons for story management, but authors also want to quick way to see all of their stats in compact format, maybe we need some sort of report view where you could see all stats on one page without being able to manage the stories on that page. I'm not sure that's the best solution, or even possible without doing some research. I'm just offering that there could be ways to reach both goals - improved story management and compact stats viewing.

If you are trying to view or reach a specific story or Series, BTW, you can do so by simply typing part of the story title into the Works Page search box. It should instantly filter your submissions and show only the ones that match your search string.

Thank you again for the feedback and hope to hear more of your suggestions in the future. :D

Score / Views / Votes / Comments / Favorites

What are the highest numbers Lit has?
/ #.## / 999,999,999 / 999,999 / 99,999 / 99,999
----+----1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5

Even with commas and icons, it's under 50 characters? Take out the commas and it's less.

-MM

Again, I am hopeful that we can improve these issues. It's just a matter of figuring out what is most important to authors and readers, then making changes to reach those goals.

Is the https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works/stories/published page going to be for READERS or AUTHORS? We understood that this was the author's view of their works. To replace the existing https://www.literotica.com/members/submissions_view.php

We haven't seen the view that readers might see that is similar to https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2334675&page=submissions (sorry for using ours).

-MM

A few quick notes:

1. Deleting previews

With the old panel, I used sometimes put my story in preview, so that I could see how long it was. Once I saw it, I was able to delete it.

With the new panel, there doesn't seem to be a 'delete' option after something has been previewed. There's a 'save' option (which is great, I'll be using it), but there's no 'delete'

Could it be added back?

2. The recent activities

The old panel organized the activties by past 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days.

Could this be added back?

The new panel requires an author to scroll down every so often. The problem with this is, if I have a new story out that's popular, I'd have to keep scrolling down, down, and down, instead of getting all the day's updates at once.

3. Story views

On the pc, you can put your mouse over the view estimates to get the exact number. Can it automatically be the exact number?

As mentioned by another person, I often check my stats on a phone, and won't be able to see the exact figures, which is what authors want to see.

On a side note; great job. It does look nice and I'm excited for the full redesign of the website. Also, the new panel works great on a phone. It formats perfectly, whereas I needed to zoom in & out for the old panel.

heyall

New control panel.

It's much harder to read than the old one. It's lighter and...I'm not sure the right words....not as well defined and solid? It reminds me of gmail - conversation mode or something. That's why I don't use Gmail.

So practical feedback

1. It's too light and hard to read. I have to squint to really see it. Can we make the font darker/bolder. More like the old control panel a little bit. The background is too white maybe? Maybe greyer or a shade or two darker. The menu bar on the left is easy to read. I'm not 100% sure what is making it so hard to read? But it's definitely harder on the eyes.

The profile pages seem to point to different data. We'd updated the old one a few weeks ago when we were upset with the plagiarism of our stories. (Which has not been resolved.) https://www.literotica.com/members/main_profile.php

But the new one still has the old information. https://www.literotica.com/my/#/user/profile

If we view the member profile page, it looks correct, but we don't know if there'll be a new one that uses the information that is now old. Which one should be updated?

-MM

I TAKE BACK MY PREVIOUS NOTES

I played around with it on my phone and saw how to delete previews.

Also, I could click on scores to get exact figues.

Overall, the new profile works great on the phone. It fits perfectly without my having to manually zoom in or out. Also its easy to switch to the different pages.

Nice job.

Also, I could click on scores to get views.

Can't do that on mine, but mine is an old Galaxy 3. Anyhow, I can't get the full views # on my phone.

Mobile responsive. Yes the page adjusts to screen size. No I cannot do the fingrr thing to make it larger which I can do with the old screen. Also, on my mobile I do not grt the text to go with the icons in the left column..

And I want my story list small and on one page. I like the new sorting feature (nice) but I don't think any of us want to page thru our story lists. Gimme one list that I can scroll thru. Simple fix.

Seroiusly, for some of these questions, just poll your authors. We all have a vested interest in you making a success of this. I'm not bitching coz I'm a bitch (I can, but not here). I like writing here, its a great site with some great people. And its good that you're asking and listening. Thats more than most websites do. So thankyou Manu :rose:

I'll try and take some time tonite to do some more testing and come back with anything else I see.

Manu,

Have you guys thought about making the Font easier to read? It's too subtle...too light. That's my biggest complaint.

Also can you make the Forum link easier to find. I still haven't found it yet from the new control panel. I'm retarded, I know.

Back