New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

Love it!

I'm a newcomer, so I don't have experience with the old panel to compare with, but I love the layout. It's really clean, easy to navigate, and mobile friendly!

I like that the design is understated when I am working in public places. I personally love the amount of white space and font size, however I can see that others are having problems with it when working in public. Perhaps a mechanism to control font sizes with little A- / A+ buttons?

It's fairly easy to use, although I had difficulty publishing my story after previewing it (it said 'status: draft' and I couldn't find the 'publish' button until I previewed it again).

It would also be great to be able to search for Authors to follow from the 'Following' interface like you can with the 'Favourites' section.

I'd love to see this design style applied site wide, especially in regards to responsive design, font size and navigation! :)

Awesome work!

Pasting a story you've written, to a literotica sub-site...?

I've written a group sex story, "copy"-ed it, now want to paste it to Literotica. How do I do this? I'm not clear how. (I already have three stories up.

No one stop place for statistics.

We continue to be frustrated with the new author interface / dashboard.
- The csv download is good, but leaves off the count of comments statistic.
- The dashboard has reverted to scientific notation for the View Count and Vote Count.
- The "PUBLISHED" graphic takes a large amount of space and provides zero information, but Raw Counts are hidden? If the page is https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works/stories/published you expect the stories are PUBLISHED. If the page is https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works/stories/drafts you expect they are DRAFTS.

We've reverted back to using the old view https://www.literotica.com/members/submissions_view.php
Others have reported similar usage in other threads.

-MM

I put in a note about the comments being left off the CSV download, as well as a couple of other bugs. They're all on the list to be addressed for the next update.

Activity page broken

Is it my imagination but is the activity page broken? None of yesterday's activities ha e Susan up on it.

Activity page broken

Is it my imagination but is the activity page broken? None of yesterday's activities have shown up on it.

May 31st Missing

Is it my imagination but is the activity page broken? None of yesterday's activities have shown up on it.

Interesting... June 1st events showed up but but May 31 missing. In my cas an episode of Carstairs and Original Angels. Thou hast a glitch!
A

My home page has had trouble downloading of late. How do you get to the old control panel and how do you change bio picture on new control panel? I keep getting "application error" when I try to sign in.

My home page has had trouble downloading of late. How do you get to the old control panel and how do you change bio picture on new control panel? I keep getting "application error" when I try to sign in.

I continually get the "application error" now as well! From the old page I tried to upload a new story but I'm not sure it went through. Any help will be appreciated.

So I tried saving a draft of a story about a guy (20) hooking up with someone who used to babysit him (26). Naturally, I tagged it "babysitter." When I went to save it, I found out "babysitter" is a banned tag because it has the word "baby" in it.

Which...is actually kinda understandable? Even if it wasn't entirely intentional? I mean, there are plenty of babysitter stories on this site, and it's not terribly hard to come up with a scenario where both parties are well over the age of 18. But it's still pretty borderline and I can understand not wanting to encourage it.

That said, the error message misspells the word "prohibited," so you might want to fix that either way.

If possible I would like if either the download story stats would be changed so that the data into was put into separate cells, or if there was something on the story page on Lit giving you total stats across all stories. I like to know how I am doing overall, and detailed stats either require me to either manually enter the data from the control panel or download the spreadsheet generated and from there manually separate each piece of data.

The only other request would be the icons detailing recent activity on your account were changed to be a different color for each icon as most in the in the blue color look very similar at first glance. Other than these minor thoughts I would say the new panel overall is a nice improvement, better to look at and easier to use.

Download the CSV. Open it in your spreadsheet editor of choice. Look for something in the menu similar to "Text to Columns". Select the options, using semicolon as the delimiter. It's under the "Data" Menu in my version of Excel.

Done :)

There are still a couple of bugs here and there, such as if you have a comma in the title of a story, but comments are now included in the download.

If possible I would like if either the download story stats would be changed so that the data into was put into separate cells, or if there was something on the story page on Lit giving you total stats across all stories. I like to know how I am doing overall, and detailed stats either require me to either manually enter the data from the control panel or download the spreadsheet generated and from there manually separate each piece of data.

The only other request would be the icons detailing recent activity on your account were changed to be a different color for each icon as most in the in the blue color look very similar at first glance. Other than these minor thoughts I would say the new panel overall is a nice improvement, better to look at and easier to use.

Download the CSV. Open it in your spreadsheet editor of choice. Look for something in the menu similar to "Text to Columns". Select the options, using semicolon as the delimiter. It's under the "Data" Menu in my version of Excel.

Done :)

There are still a couple of bugs here and there, such as if you have a comma in the title of a story, but comments are now included in the download.

This worked perfectly, thank you very much!

Quotes

If you bracket the title with quotes it should ignore embedded commas. Alternatively, just use tabs as delimiters.
"My title, rehash",stuff,,,,,,...

Nice and Clean

It's much easier to navigate than the old main page. I am pretty new to this site and still have a hard time trying to find my account page so I can check on my own stories.

How do I connect with somone who is online in PM

When I try to PM someone I get this message:"You have turned off private messages. You may not send private messages until you turn them on by editing your options."
Where in the options page is this switch?

Download CSV Issues

I don't know if anyone has flagged this.

The download story stats does nothing in Safari on a Mac. I have tried Firefox and had no problems with the file downloading and auto opening in Numbers.

I'm still playing with the new page and features, I think I will Ditto what Hey_All said and add,

I don't like that we can't just go to the comments sections of a story to see a new comment directly or not that I could see. I had to go through the story link. The easy to navigate activities link will be sorely missed by many I think.

It's a nice modern feel though and I am sure we will all get used to it in time. Old habits are hard to break but I don't believe his one is as user-friendly for the authors.

I am looking forward to using the draft page, I like the idea of that. Time will tell if my idea's of what it will be and what it actually is are compatible when posting up a story.

Thank you for the opportunity to look at the beta.

Hi.
Forgive me if my thoughts have been covered elsewhere, or if my lack of experience with the site leads me to make invalid obsevations - I'm Very New here (only joined a few days ago and still finding my way around).

I've been trying to update my profile, and also join in with a few 'threads', and the problems I've had to date are:-

a) In the Options/Settings section, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to update my Hobbies/Interests, or my Job detail. :confused: There may be other things missing too?

b) There doesn't appear to be any means to show a list of my recent message posts/replies. I can see received private messages, but not my submissions to public threads, or my subsequent replies to PMs sent to me (although I know I have sent one) :(

c) When I click on the Favourites (heart), I see a mesage 'Loading...' which stays there forever (I haven't marked any favourites yet, as I've not really been here long enough).

I'll persevere, but a litttle guidance would probably help a lot :)
Thanks.

Back