New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

I have not seen any advantages. In fact, I haven't found out how to reach my Favorites Page.
Why did you decide to change format?

Thank you for the feedback.

The Favorites are easily reachable from the Lists page.

No sure if you are using desktop or mobile, but if you click "Lists/Favorites" on the top menu or "Reading Lists" on the left side menu, Favorites will always be the very top List.

Please let me know if that makes sense! :D

The new format sucks. I don't know what prompted you to mess with a simple, clear way to access stories, but you did. And it sucks! I will continue to use the old system till you pull it than I'll be gone. Shame really as I like the variety of stories but I won't put up with a site that is clearly much worse than what you have now. Who sold you this software anyway? Whoever it was, don't buy a used car from them unless you like walking. New doesn't always mean better and in this case it means worse.

Thanks for the feedback.

The update to Lit is being done for several reasons. Those include the fact that the old site was not at all mobile friendly, the desire to add features that authors and readers have long been requesting, and a need to update the platform that Lit runs on so that the site can grow in the future.

As far as someone selling us software, just about everything (except the forum) is developed in house. :D

If you have suggestions for improving things that aren't working for you, we would love to hear them. User feedback is the way that Lit evolves. If I understand your comment correctly, you are not able to access your Favorites or your Works? Can you explain which parts of those features are not working as well as the previous interface for you? Suggestions on how you think they can be improved would also be appreciated.

Thank you again. :D

Alphabetical Sorting for Followed Authors

I would like the ability to sort my Followed Authors list alphabetically as well as date added, like the Favorite Stories list.

Thank you.

Terrible!!!

This new layout makes the comments inaccessible from absolutely EVERYWHERE!!!!!! There's no way to read or post anything!!!!! I also don't like that the side boxes in the stories and category pages are gone. All of them have been useful for a variety of reasons. Please fix these issues!!!!!
P

This new layout makes the comments inaccessible from absolutely EVERYWHERE!!!!!! There's no way to read or post anything!!!!! I also don't like that the side boxes in the stories and category pages are gone. All of them have been useful for a variety of reasons. Please fix these issues!!!!!
P

Thank you for the feedback and sorry about the problems.

When you mention "the new layout", which URLs does that refer to? There should not be any changes to the public Lit website. The updates so far should only affect the Control Panel.

If you are not seeing sidebars on the Story Pages, can you post (or send me) a screencap? Maybe there is some bug or problem causing these issues, it doesn't sound like it's related to the new Control Panel?

Any additional info you can share would be appreciated. Thank you again!

Thank you for the feedback and sorry about the problems.

When you mention "the new layout", which URLs does that refer to? There should not be any changes to the public Lit website. The updates so far should only affect the Control Panel.

If you are not seeing sidebars on the Story Pages, can you post (or send me) a screencap? Maybe there is some bug or problem causing these issues, it doesn't sound like it's related to the new Control Panel?

Any additional info you can share would be appreciated. Thank you again!

Thanks for the reply and response. Below are three screen shots I've taken on my phone. The first is a shot showing what's now on the sides in a story page, the second and third shows the bottom of the page of a story that's part of a series. There's no way to comment or view past comments, or side boxes with links for similar stories or links to the rest of the series.

Attachments

• IMG_6226.jpg
    IMG_6226.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6227.jpg
    IMG_6227.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6228.jpg
    IMG_6228.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Unable to see or make comments

Earlier today I was able to both see and make comments. Then something changed. As of this evening, comments no longer show up, and it's impossible to leave one. :mad:

Please put back the system the way it was so comments can be read and written. Thanks.

New control panel

First impression is dislike. I really don't care to see all activities. Harder to find past stories, authors, fonts on page to large.
Sorry to say whoever created this screwed up.
Unable to use old control panel as story tab on authors page does not appear.

I find the layout easy enough to navigate but would like to see a button on each story that would file it in my reading list easily.
I find it cumbersome to have to go back to my CP to type in a search in the 'read later' file only to have forgotten the name of the story or to scroll through a list of stories with the same name.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Do you mean on this page?
https://literotica.com/my/#/following

In addition to sorting, do you think it would also be helpful to add a filter to show "all users" or "authors only"?

:D

Yes, that is the page I'm referring to. The other filters aren't as important to me as "Alphabetical" sorting but might be to others.

Also, the overall layout is redundant. You have the left sidebar links that almost mirror the drop down menu on the top right profile avatar. The drop down menu is actually better and more comprehensive, as well as, laid out more intuitively. The top right avatar and drop down menu should be removed and merged into the left sidebar.

Yes, that is the page I'm referring to. The other filters aren't as important to me as "Alphabetical" sorting but might be to others.

Also, the overall layout is redundant. You have the left sidebar links that almost mirror the drop down menu on the top right profile avatar. The drop down menu is actually better and more comprehensive, as well as, laid out more intuitively. The top right avatar and drop down menu should be removed and merged into the left sidebar.

Thank you for the comments.

You're right about the header logged in user menu. It does duplicate the left side menu on the Control Panel. We don't think it should be removed, though, for two reasons:

1. Many Lit users - even authors - visit the site on small screen mobile devices. The top menu is mobile friendly whereas the left side menu is not.

2. The top menu will allow authors direct access to all Control Panel features from anywhere they are browsing on the site. That will happen once the new Lit design is rolled out.

We are going to add "Favorites" to the left side menu soon. That way they will be directly accessible, as they will be in a future version of the header menu.

Thank you again and please keep the suggestions coming. :D

Thanks for the reply and response. Below are three screen shots I've taken on my phone. The first is a shot showing what's now on the sides in a story page, the second and third shows the bottom of the page of a story that's part of a series. There's no way to comment or view past comments, or side boxes with links for similar stories or links to the rest of the series.

Thank you for the screenshots. You were 100% right that there was a problem.

We rolled out a group of fixes for browser issues that users had reported in the last few months (trying to improve some pages in newer browsers) and it seems to have caused more problems that it solved. We have rolled everything back to before those bug fixes went out.

Can you check and see if everything is working the way you think it should now?

Sorry for the problems and thanks for being so helpful in your reports.

First impression is dislike. I really don't care to see all activities. Harder to find past stories, authors, fonts on page to large.
Sorry to say whoever created this screwed up.
Unable to use old control panel as story tab on authors page does not appear.

Sorry that you don't like the new design. There is an update coming that makes things more compact on mobile and shrinks those large font sizes. Hopefully, it will be an improvement.

As far as the old Control Panel, can you post a link or screenshot showing where the problem is with the "Story tab on Authors Page" so that I can dig into that deeper?

Thank you for the feedback.

I can now see why I am having troubles with my laptop displaying the pages.
Everything seems to be geared now to Pads and Phones whih are displaying text in a much reduced format resulting in my browser having to be magnified up to 200 percent which in turn means having to reduce the magnification to go to the next page.
I'm running W10 with Firefox.

I can now see why I am having troubles with my laptop displaying the pages.
Everything seems to be geared now to Pads and Phones which are displaying text in a much reduced format resulting in my browser having to be magnified up to 200 percent which in turn means having to reduce the magnification to go to the next page.
I'm running W10 with Firefox.

Thank you for the report.

Can you let me know which URLs have fonts that are the wrong size for you?

We have had quite a few requests to reduce the size of the Story Title font in the New Control Panel, and we will roll out an update with a change to that font size in the near future. I'm not sure if that is what you are requesting, or if there is another issue. If you can send or post additional info, that would be great.

Thank you again!

Story screen

Will the story pages be upgraded? I find the story appears in the left yalf of the screen in small print. The right side is taken with two shades of blue with little literitica symbols. Part of this aligns with the large add at the top, and the rest with what seems an arbitrary but consistent page eidth. Every page must be resized to enable the text to be read. This is the same regardless if I use android tablet or windows laptop.

stinks

I think it stinks!!

I can't find ANY of the AUTHORS or STORIES I LISTED AS FAVORITES.

In addition I can not figure out how to get a list of authors. I try and I write the exact author and I am told none available.

Please help!!!

prop69

Control Panel Problems

I am using Firefox. No other windows open. Windows 8.x
Lit Control Panel does not finish loading the main page. It shows only Loading...
Click on Explore/Category and I get a 404
Click on Explore/New and I get a 403 error
Popular, Awards and Favorites also generate 404 and 403 errors.
The only menu item under explore that does work is Tabs. Even Help returns a 404 error.

I would say this does not work.

I am using Firefox. No other windows open. Windows 8.x
Lit Control Panel does not finish loading the main page. It shows only Loading...
Click on Explore/Category and I get a 404
Click on Explore/New and I get a 403 error
Popular, Awards and Favorites also generate 404 and 403 errors.
The only menu item under explore that does work is Tabs. Even Help returns a 404 error.

I would say this does not work.
Yes, broken, lol - any time a web site breaks over a weekend you can pretty much blame it on maintenance. Bet lit upgraded the site yesterday.

Read later function.

Out of curiosity I clicked on the funny blue thingy on the rhs of the favorites entry only to discover it put the story in read later. Kind of strange letting me put a story I must have read and logged into favorites into read later yet not stories I probably haven't read and might need to log into read later eg. the My Home events items can't be logged to read later.

Still can't access anything

I'm unable to load my home page on the new platform, or my works page on the new platform. And every time I click on the old platform link, I get an error. Sometimes I'm able to load the works page but it shows that I have no works (even though I am signed in) and I am supposed to have 7. I'm assuming all will likely be fixed by tomorrow, but I am checking periodically to see if there are improvements. Can't find links for bug reports on the pages I can access.

Manu, Why not just roll back to the previous version until the bugs are fixed? Shouldn't be a big deal if you're going to have these long outages while you're working to fix something.

Manu, Why not just roll back to the previous version until the bugs are fixed? Shouldn't be a big deal if you're going to have these long outages while you're working to fix something.

I do hope they've learned from this and won't be switching off the old control panel any time soon.

I like the concept, but it is too buggy.

The save button doesn't work.
I have not found a way to do an advanced search and put selections into the "Read Later" list.
The read later is not available on the android app.

Right now I'm forced to use Favorites as my read later.

Please fix it and try again.

Back