My Favorite Quotes

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.

Martin Luther King, jr.

Anais Nin

We do not grow absolutely, chronologically.
We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.
We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another.
The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present.
We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.

Sweetpepper said:
Anais Nin

We do not grow absolutely, chronologically.
We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.
We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another.
The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present.
We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.
Pepper, Anais Nin, used to write erotic stories. But then you probably knew that.

I always liked this one.

I know what you`re thinking about,` said Tweedledum: ` but it isn`t so, nohow.`

`Contrariwise,` continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn`t, it ain`t.. That`s logic.`

Lewis Carroll

Henry Ford

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

...On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, ‘Is it politic?' and Vanity asks the question, ‘Is it popular?' but Conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?'

And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right...There comes a time when silence is betrayal...
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

It's unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot, it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin

Show respect to all men, but grovel to none.
Shawnee Proverb

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind
don't matter
and those who matter
don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear what you are saying.
RALPH WALDO EMERSON

Comshaw

Sweetpepper said:
Henry Ford

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.
Hey Pepper, I like your new Av.

I'll see if I can find an Avatar quotation.. ;)

Now that she's all by herself in the entryway, no longer immersed in a flood of avatars, she can see all of the people in the front row of the crowd with perfect clarity. They are all done up in their wildest and fanciest avatars, hoping that that they will be invited inside ------- Anon

Louisa May Alcott

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.

garbage can said:
Now that she's all by herself in the entryway, no longer immersed in a flood of avatars, she can see all of the people in the front row of the crowd with perfect clarity. They are all done up in their wildest and fanciest avatars, hoping that that they will be invited inside ------- Anon

Vision is the art of seeing the invisible.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: but I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

-Jesus Christ

When nobody will look at you, you can stare a hole in them. Picking out all the little details you'd never stare long enough to get if she'd ever just return your gaze, this, this is your revenge.

beauty4207 said:
"Live each day as it was your last"

Does that mean I can have a cigarette?

George Orwell:
We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men walk in the night, ready to do violence in our names.

Men are not women. This is something I accepted a long time ago. Even more
importantly, I don’t want them to be women. --- unknown

We are stymied by regulations, limited choice and the threat of litigation. Neither consultants nor industry itself provide research which takes architecture forward.
-Arthur Erickson

KRCummings said:
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: but I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

-Jesus Christ
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: And with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again ~~~~ Matthew 7: 1-2

:D Old men are like that, you know. It makes them feel important to think they are in love with somebody.

KRCummings said:
We are stymied by regulations, limited choice and the threat of litigation. Neither consultants nor industry itself provide research which takes architecture forward.
-Arthur Erickson
One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.

-Thomas B. Reed

garbage can said:
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: And with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again ~~~~ Matthew 7: 1-2

One of the greatest things ever said, by anyone.

KRCummings said:
One of the greatest things ever said, by anyone.
Yes KR, I agree.

If everyone aspired, and adhered to that quote... The world would be a better place..

garbage can said:

:D Its called KARMA.

Last edited:
Back