Must see ! England

lifeis2short2b

Really Really Experienced
So I'll be going to England. I'm sure I'll hit the touristy spots Buckingham palace, Big Ben etc....Any obscure must see places in London? No not sex related just someplace cool ?

The Sir John Soanes museum in London. Also the Postal Museum and the Mail Rail train. Great museums, not so well known, especially the Soanes

Go up Primrose Hill at dusk and see the lights come one.

Go on a river trip to Greenwich to see the museums there and go up the hill to the observatory and the meridian. There are many tourist boats, but you can get the Thames Clippers/Uber boats which are cheaper.

A trip down the river from Westminster to Richmond is fun.

The museums in South Ken - Natural History, V&A, Science, Royal Geographic Society.

The parks - Hyde, Kensington Gardens, Regent's.

A canal trip from Little Venice to Camden

Walking along the river on the South Bank

Brick Lane for a curry (although not as good as it used to be.) also lots of shops and market places along there at the weekend.

Depends on what you like to do. Also first time there? Maybe try and catch a show. Musicals at Harold Pinter are always nice. Sometimes some decent rocknroll around town. Even if there is not…Union Chapel and area around there is nice visit. Plus some cool pubs and parks to booze and people watch. Sunday Roast at a good pub is a fucking must. Tate Modern is unique museum. I like train rides so whenever in London try and take train somewhere for a day. Brighton or Windsor maybe. Borough market is kinda fun for lunch one day but gets a little crowded for my taste but if you have never been. My family always likes London Eye. Pretty good view of city from there but I prefer going to Hampstead Heath and Primrose Hill for that. Some amazing houses around that area of town too if you like to walk around where it is not crowded and touristy. I could go on and on. London is the best and I never feel like I run out of things to do or see there.

I did a do it yourself punk rock tour that was one of the most amazing things I’d ever done! A true life changer. Met the owners of the 101 Club and the Hope and Anchor. Amazing.

Imperial war museum is great. So is the national gallery.

Camden town is fun as is the Camden market.

Fullers brewery in chiswick is great. The old football stadium there was one of the best I’d ever been to.

If you’re in the West Midlands, the black country museum is suoerninteresting.

Brighton is an interesting artsy kinda place.

And nearby is th town of Battle where the battle of Hastings took place (actually not in Hastings) and is also very interesting.

Some great ideas. Sunday roast sounds good. Got to eat right lol. Imperial war museum looks interesting, and I'm into history and Europe has alot more than the USA. I can kill 2 birds with the market and people watch.😇 some great ideas. Thanks

I did a do it yourself punk rock tour that was one of the most amazing things I’d ever done! A true life changer. Met the owners of the 101 Club and the Hope and Anchor. Amazing.

Imperial war museum is great. So is the national gallery.

Camden town is fun as is the Camden market.

Fullers brewery in chiswick is great. The old football stadium there was one of the best I’d ever been to.

If you’re in the West Midlands, the black country museum is suoerninteresting.

Brighton is an interesting artsy kinda place.

And nearby is th town of Battle where the battle of Hastings took place (actually not in Hastings) and is also very interesting.
Agree with all of this. Camden Market where Clash took album cover photo is must see. And come on Fullers cheers dude! Also Hope and Anchor is great. I did a Kinks self guided walking tour around there. That area of London, around Islington, is my favorite. Union Chapel is right across the street. Plus some great parks like Highberry Fields near war memorial wall and Shoreditch Park are great to relax, people watch and day drink in. Good Italian restaurant nearby, La Divinia I think. Some of my favorite pubs too. Old Queens Head is not far and Hanburry which is great and kinda hidden. You can also walk along canal there and see all those cool fucking houseboats. There is some great Indian food to be had. Some of those Dishooms are pretty impressive if you can get in. Sometimes small hidden away places are worth it too. People always bitch about British Food but I love eating there. Turkish, Indian, Korean are all outstanding.

Whatever you do, don’t let @AmberLGreen take you on the horseshit foot tour of London or into any Whole Foods stores after she has gotten you drunk enough to do dangerous feats with large bottles of substances you are unawares of.

Depends on what you like to do. Also first time there? Maybe try and catch a show. Musicals at Harold Pinter are always nice. Sometimes some decent rocknroll around town. Even if there is not…Union Chapel and area around there is nice visit. Plus some cool pubs and parks to booze and people watch. Sunday Roast at a good pub is a fucking must. Tate Modern is unique museum. I like train rides so whenever in London try and take train somewhere for a day. Brighton or Windsor maybe. Borough market is kinda fun for lunch one day but gets a little crowded for my taste but if you have never been. My family always likes London Eye. Pretty good view of city from there but I prefer going to Hampstead Heath and Primrose Hill for that. Some amazing houses around that area of town too if you like to walk around where it is not crowded and touristy. I could go on and on. London is the best and I never feel like I run out of things to do or see there.
Curious about the Sunday roast. You seem to like that alot. Any specifics ? Places ?

Curious about the Sunday roast. You seem to like that alot. Any specifics ? Places ?
Oh fuck you cant go wrong. Check out some on the outskirts. Spend a Sunday Isle of Dogs. The Ferry House Pub is good. Millwall Iron Works is nearby and cool as fuck.

I think those people in the place we stopped at for cocktails and cake were glad when we left after listening to us shouting how much we loved him on that Skype message 🤭
Christ, I must have been even drunker than I thought. I do not remember doing that! 😂
I was drunk too. My travel is going to be limited rest of year but let me know what your 2025 looks like.

Thanks for all who posted. It looks like a lot of pretty cool places. Some a little farther on the outskirts but not to bad. my plan is to hit London first see as much as I can then venture out. I'll shamelessly bump a few times for any other suggestions. Lirotica Just not for sex LOL

Back