Millie's terrible day thread. You can post any and of your disappoints for the day, week, month, year, or your life.

Everyone is probably sick of me right now  same but whatever.

I am not doing so good mentally right now. Lovely little downward spiral over the past few days into a lovely dark pit of intense loneliness caused by my own making and my own actions.

Pretty trivial in the grandscheme of everyone else's real-world problems, but yeah. Not doing well.
Yeah, I hear you. It's not trivial. It's never trivial.

Cheer up @Portly_Penguin. Sending you a great big hug.
Everyone is probably sick of me right now  same but whatever.

I am not doing so good mentally right now. Lovely little downward spiral over the past few days into a lovely dark pit of intense loneliness caused by my own making and my own actions.

Pretty trivial in the grandscheme of everyone else's real-world problems, but yeah. Not doing well.

trying to upload photos to flickr and it's just hanging... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Slightly annoying when I have developed the rolls (B&W film) scanned them, done the final edits in software and then foiled at the last.

*drums fingers*

nope, still waiting.

The blokes wot did my new boiler have left a real bloody mess in my garden. Heaven only knows how I can et it removed.

And a for the so-called 'helpers' who have littered my whole house with miscellaneous clothing (as opposed to putting it back) should face the firing squad. . . .

Any Tea in the pot please ?

Earl Grey Hot. Will dat do?
The blokes wot did my new boiler have left a real bloody mess in my garden. Heaven only knows how I can et it removed.

And a for the so-called 'helpers' who have littered my whole house with miscellaneous clothing (as opposed to putting it back) should face the firing squad. . . .

Any Tea in the pot please ?

Just had a comment from an anonymous user that there was “too much fucking” going on in a story in erotic couplings.

Like…what? Are we writing erotic fiction here or not? I went and checked the chapter, there’s literally one scene of fucking that is written around the 750 word mark out of 3000 words and the rest is background, scene setting, dancing, etc.

It’s like - I don’t get it. At least don’t be anonymous as well, own your critique. Grrrrr

Just had a comment from an anonymous user that there was “too much fucking” going on in a story in erotic couplings.

Like…what? Are we writing erotic fiction here or not? I went and checked the chapter, there’s literally one scene of fucking that is written around the 750 word mark out of 3000 words and the rest is background, scene setting, dancing, etc.

It’s like - I don’t get it. At least don’t be anonymous as well, own your critique. Grrrrr

hahaha... i had similar... a 23 page story and no sex for about 10 of those and then someone said there was too much sex towards the end! It was the story of a relationship, so a burst of shagging, then shorter references to how they still enjoyed each other even after so many years. 'Oh my, i was reading an erotic story and there was sex!' whatever next?

people are people

hahaha... i had similar... a 23 page story and no sex for about 10 of those and then someone said there was too much sex towards the end! It was the story of a relationship, so a burst of shagging, then shorter references to how they still enjoyed each other even after so many years. 'Oh my, i was reading an erotic story and there was sex!' whatever next?

Yes, this is pretty much what my story was doing on a smaller scale. It’s maddening right?

people are people
For real. I am glad the majority of comments are positive, and there’s some good constructive ones too, but as the views have ramped up the comments (and down voting) have got worse and worse.

So, the good news is I have a new Sam and Kim story going up tomorrow. The bad news is I submitted it late afternoon on the 13th and then resubmitted it late afternoon on the 14th. I found an error and spent the night of the 13th and the morning of the 14th reworking not only my error but also looking for AI-like sentences. I think I flubbed-up by resubmitting, and it was already under review when I resubmitted it. Hence, the 8-day approval process.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck a'tall.

So, the good news is I have a new Sam and Kim story going up tomorrow. The bad news is I submitted it late afternoon on the 13th and then resubmitted it late afternoon on the 14th. I found an error and spent the night of the 13th and the morning of the 14th reworking not only my error but also looking for AI-like sentences. I think I flubbed-up by resubmitting, and it was already under review when I resubmitted it. Hence, the 8-day approval process.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck a'tall.

how did you know it was under review? I just submit and hope it will appear (mine hasn't been sent back yet, so I am hopeful it will get through)

Well, I don't know that it was under review, but I had a feeling it was. Mine clear between two and three days normally. When I resubmit before 24 hours pass, they usually go three days after the second sub. So, I've no way to know for sure. It just feels like if they hadn't looked at it yet, it would have gone sooner. Can't actually know for sure.
how did you know it was under review? I just submit and hope it will appear (mine hasn't been sent back yet, so I am hopeful it will get through)

Sorry Millie, I am going to submit a second thing for the “terrible day” thread.

I submitted a new story for publication, and it has a lot of “true to life” elements to it. And for the second time in two weeks writing, I managed to emotionally bash myself writing it.

God, reliving some of the relationship stuff from your life can REALLY hurt,

Okay, I feel better for having typed that.

I am going to go eat a tub of ice cream now. No, I don’t care what it does to my weight, thank you.

Sorry again Millie!

No, that's what this thread is for! My stories about Sam and Kim are based on the exploits of an older friend of my father's—older, as in my dad's age. He and his wife were in a sort of open relationship from the late 1970s through the mid-80s. My dad has told me all about the two of them and given me details about their lives and exploits. They eventually closed their marriage and are, somehow, still together. I went to his wife a year back and got more information about those years and permission to tell those stories as fiction as long I changed their names.
Sorry Millie, I am going to submit a second thing for the “terrible day” thread.

I submitted a new story for publication, and it has a lot of “true to life” elements to it. And for the second time in two weeks writing, I managed to emotionally bash myself writing it.

God, reliving some of the relationship stuff from your life can REALLY hurt,

Okay, I feel better for having typed that.

I am going to go eat a tub of ice cream now. No, I don’t care what it does to my weight, thank you.

Sorry again Millie!

No, that's what this thread is for! My stories about Sam and Kim are based on the exploits of an older friend of my father's—older, as in my dad's age. He and his wife were in a sort of open relationship from the late 1970s through the mid-80s. My dad has told me all about the two of them and given me details about their lives and exploits. They eventually closed their marriage and are, somehow, still together. I went to his wife a year back and got more information about those years and permission to tell those stories as fiction as long I changed their names.
Since it's obvious that those stories are set in the Denver Metro Area, I assume you and your sister both know them. Therefore, I infer I might know them. Do I, well do I, can you tell me who they are?

Okay, I have no idea what's going on. I started following my new posting, A Mexican Cutie, this morning. Not long, about 30 minutes or so. I had 40 votes, 4.41 at that time. I've watched and caught almost every vote from then as it happened. The score hasn't changed and I'm at 71 votes now. I swear to God, from 68 to 71, as the vote crept up in number, the score stayed the same. WTF with that?

Okay, I have no idea what's going on. I started following my new posting, A Mexican Cutie, this morning. Not long, about 30 minutes or so. I had 40 votes, 4.41 at that time. I've watched and caught almost every vote from then as it happened. The score hasn't changed and I'm at 71 votes now. I swear to God, from 68 to 71, as the vote crept up in number, the score stayed the same. WTF with that?
Seems you follow your rating progression close enough to know that's fairly typical, especially the more total votes there are. The more votes there have been, the less effect on the scoring change.

I don't usually follow the scores so closely, and I don't usually get that many views or votes that fast. But I can't see how four votes in a row don't move a score one-hundredth of a point when there are only 72 votes. fours should move it down, and five should move it up. How can it be 4.41 at 68, 69, 70, and 71? I don't get that at all.
Seems you follow your rating progression close enough to know that's fairly typical, especially the more total votes there are. The more votes there have been, the less effect on the scoring change.

I don't usually follow the scores so closely, and I don't usually get that many views or votes that fast. But I can't see how four votes in a row don't move a score one-hundredth of a point when there are only 72 votes. fours should move it down, and five should move it up. How can it be 4.41 at 68, 69, 70, and 71? I don't get that at all.
Four votes? Two 4s and two 5s or even three 5s and one 4 leave the rating pretty much right where it is. Are you avoiding doing something with this time waster activity?

But it should change one way or another on each vote. It finally moved down to 4.4 and has 73 votes. I can't watch this anymore. I only checked it to see if it was being read. The lack of movement from one vote to the next confused me. I'm not used to getting so many votes this soon. But thanks for the info, @KeithD
Four votes? Two 4s and two 5s or even three 5s and one 4 leave the rating pretty much right where it is. Are you avoiding doing something with this time waster activity?

But it should change one way or another on each vote. It finally moved down to 4.4 and has 73 votes. I can't watch this anymore. I only checked it to see if it was being read. The lack of movement from one vote to the next confused me. I'm not used to getting so many votes this soon. But thanks for the info, @KeithD
Common sense time. The scoring system is an automated process. It just crunches numbers and what you get is what you get. The option--that either Laurel or Manu is taking the time, effort, and intention of intervening to change numbers on individual stories--is just a little bit crazy, isn't it? It's an automatic number-crunching system. On a specific event basis, it might not look plausible, but it is because it's the result of a mindless automatic numbers-crunching system applied equally to all stories.

I didn't say anyone was doing anything; I said it confused me. Please don't read into my words more than is necessary. As I stated before, I don't normally follow scores. Therefore, I don't know what usually happens on scores.
Common sense time. The scoring system is an automated process. It just crunches numbers and what you get is what you get. The option--that either Laurel or Manu is taking the time, effort, and intention of intervening to change numbers on individual stories--is just a little bit crazy, isn't it? It's an automatic number-crunching system. On a specific event basis, it might not look plausible, but it is because it's the result of a mindless automatic numbers-crunching system applied equally to all stories.

Back