The Blue Idea Thread

Because you can never have enough mage threads in your life...

=O I've decided...I wanna do the inuyasha group thread. START IT NUAH!

Please and thank you! ^.^

Bluemage said:
InuYasha - Following in her Footsteps
2-8 People (I don't really want to do this as a One on One, but it could be)
Synopsis: After a night of passion with InuYasha, Kagome found herself unable to return to the feudal era through the well. Depressed with her loss, she settled for Hojo, after all, everyone had told her that was a smart match. She quickly became pregnant and had a beautiful daughter. 18 years have passed since then, and one day, while Kagome's daughter is chasing her pet cat, she accidentally falls into the sacred well, finding herself exactly where her mother had left off in the Feudal Era.
(Princess should like this one)

I'm feeling very inuyashaish...but I don't wanna play Kagome.

So Kagome's daughter falls through the well and meets up with InuYasha and that crew, or she falls through the well and meets up with all new people?

Probably Naraku comes to life and continues to have absolutely no motivation to be evil aside from the fact that he is evil, meaning that he is still the most retarded villain of all time.

Runs in to pounce on the princess, the Magey, and then the Lily.

Wanders over to a corner and curls up, catlike, closing her eyes and resting.

Probably Naraku comes to life and continues to have absolutely no motivation to be evil aside from the fact that he is evil, meaning that he is still the most retarded villain of all time.

so will he have new incarnations to fight for him

Probably. He's really good at not fighting anyone himself. Of course, like I said, it makes perfect sense given that he has no motivation to be evil other than "Hey, it sure is fun to be evil."

I always hated Naraku as a result. The only motivation that he ever had to do anything was "Oh noes. Kikiyo likes Inuyasha more than me." After making her believe that InuYasha had stolen the shikon jewel, and she died, that really should have been the end of all of his plans, or maybe he sits and waits for the jewel to pop up again so that he can use it to resurrect her so that he can live happily ever after.

Instead what he does is he waits for the jewel to come back, and then instead of being ever vigilant and jumping in it right away, he lets it get broken into a million pieces, which could have all been to work towards his plan of resurrecting Kikiyo since he proves that you can use the shards to bring people back to life, see Bankotsu and his band of seven, or Kohaku.

What he does though, because he's such an evil villain, is he decides to fill it with the most evil of evil. There was chatter at one point or another about how he wanted to become a full demon, but later in the series he managed to be headed well in that direction simply by taking more powerful demons into himself and purging out the parts that he didn't want, removing the need for the jewel.

So, we have covered that he's an evil guy who does evil things, but to what end? If he wants Kikiyo all he has to do is murder InuYasha, collect all of the jewel shards, and be like "Hey, look what I found for you." If he wants to see Kikiyo suffer I'd start at around the same point, murder InuYasha, and then when she shows up to do her whole, "You killed him!" thing, overpower her (should be a relatively simple task) and then enjoy all of the torture that he wants. If he wants to be a full demon, continue what he's doing, or collect all of the jewel shards and make that wish.

The only reason for there to be any confusion in his plans is if he wants the mysterious 'all of the above' option, and really the simplest reason to achieve that is to murder InuYasha and their gang, then go on his own adventure to collect the rest of the shards, dealing with torturing Kikiyo as it comes up. He proves that he's ridiculously powerful enough to murder their entire troop without working up a sweat, yet all he ever does is hide behind dummies and run away, acting all mysterious, while sending slightly stronger enemies out to fight with InuYasha like he's some kind of video game end-boss.

."

I always hated Naraku as a result. The only motivation that he ever had to do anything was "Oh noes. Kikiyo likes Inuyasha more than me." After making her believe that InuYasha had stolen the shikon jewel, and she died, that really should have been the end of all of his plans, or maybe he sits and waits for the jewel to pop up again so that he can use it to resurrect her so that he can live happily ever after.

Instead what he does is he waits for the jewel to come back, and then instead of being ever vigilant and jumping in it right away, he lets it get broken into a million pieces, which could have all been to work towards his plan of resurrecting Kikiyo since he proves that you can use the shards to bring people back to life, see Bankotsu and his band of seven, or Kohaku.

In Naraku's defense, that was Kagome's fault. She let the jewel get broken up into a million pieces.

In Naraku's defense, that was Kagome's fault. She let the jewel get broken up into a million pieces.

Not really an issue. Naraku actually shows a greater talent for gathering jewel shards than the group of heroes, because every time they showed what he had, he always had this big chunk, and was still handing out little pieces.

The argument is that Naraku is being evil for absolutely no reason.

If his goal was to gather the jewel shard it is one that he can achieve without having to deal with any of the problems that InuYasha and his gang of misfit toys can put out there. He has shown that he doesn't need to wait for the team to find jewel shards because he is unable to see their auras. He really has no reason to let InuYasha and his gang run around except to continue to send people against them to corrupt the jewel, which he has no reason to actually do.

If you'll notice, the problem is that while corrupting the jewel seems to be part of his plan, that seems to be the end goal of it. What happens after that? Nothing. Is there a point to corrupting the jewel? No. As near as I can figure he is just evil for the sake of there being a villain in the series. Most villains are "Yes, I'm going to do this so that I can take over the world!" or "Once I do this I'll be the most powerful person alive." Naraku is just "Haha, I'm going to do this." and there is no "once I ____, _____ will happen."

Not really an issue. Naraku actually shows a greater talent for gathering jewel shards than the group of heroes, because every time they showed what he had, he always had this big chunk, and was still handing out little pieces.

The argument is that Naraku is being evil for absolutely no reason.

If his goal was to gather the jewel shard it is one that he can achieve without having to deal with any of the problems that InuYasha and his gang of misfit toys can put out there. He has shown that he doesn't need to wait for the team to find jewel shards because he is unable to see their auras. He really has no reason to let InuYasha and his gang run around except to continue to send people against them to corrupt the jewel, which he has no reason to actually do.

If you'll notice, the problem is that while corrupting the jewel seems to be part of his plan, that seems to be the end goal of it. What happens after that? Nothing. Is there a point to corrupting the jewel? No. As near as I can figure he is just evil for the sake of there being a villain in the series. Most villains are "Yes, I'm going to do this so that I can take over the world!" or "Once I do this I'll be the most powerful person alive." Naraku is just "Haha, I'm going to do this." and there is no "once I ____, _____ will happen."

Oh, I know! But I think his whole reason of being evil was because he wanted to be a full fledged demon and wasn't because he was stupid and took control of Onigumo....okay nerd moment ovah!

There are problems with that being his goal.

1) If that's the case, then why not just kill Kagome and her crew and steal the jewel shards that they have, allowing him to be that much closer to his goal? He doesn't need to make the jewel evil to make his wish come true. The jewel does that already.

2) It appears to be a goal that he is capable of achieving without needing the jewel. He takes more demons into himself and purges what he doesn't want, and he slowly becomes a fully fledged demon. It might not be perfect, but he was already headed there, so why continue with the jewel at all?

There are problems with that being his goal.

1) If that's the case, then why not just kill Kagome and her crew and steal the jewel shards that they have, allowing him to be that much closer to his goal? He doesn't need to make the jewel evil to make his wish come true. The jewel does that already.

2) It appears to be a goal that he is capable of achieving without needing the jewel. He takes more demons into himself and purges what he doesn't want, and he slowly becomes a fully fledged demon. It might not be perfect, but he was already headed there, so why continue with the jewel at all?

1) Because if he killed Inuyasha and his crew it would probably be a 20 episode series and then BAM the end.

2) I don't know I didn't write the manga. I'm betting he's alot cooler in the manga than in the animated series because... most characters are and America tends to screw up the best characters for reasons I am unknown of.

Answer one is not valid.

Here are some much better answers.

1) When she fell down the well she put herself into a coma. All of the events that take place are a product of her coma drams.

2) She actually contracts all of the sicknesses that her grandfather mentions her having to get medicine from Hojo. This explains why her grandfather always tells people that she is sick when she goes to the feudal era. While it doesn't explain how she sees InuYasha in the current time period the handful of times that she does, that can be explained by her still being sick, but not being so sick that she's totally out of it.

Why these theories work: The explain everything. Naraku represents some form of real-world trouble that she is in, some sort of tormentor. Perhaps it is some teacher that she doesn't like, or even something as vague as the tense situation that she may be unable to get into the school that she wants because of the fact that she's sick, perhaps the sickness itself (which would explain the poison bugs as a metaphor) InuYasha could represent her courage, Miroku could represent her lust, Sango could represent her sense of duty/justice. The Jewel itself could represent millions of things, one of which could be her missing father, who's absence is never explained, and who is never mentioned in the series, and her desire to find him. It could also represent her desire to be healthy and normal.

Everything can be explained away as a product of her mind.

Answer one is not valid.

Here are some much better answers.

1) When she fell down the well she put herself into a coma. All of the events that take place are a product of her coma drams.

2) She actually contracts all of the sicknesses that her grandfather mentions her having to get medicine from Hojo. This explains why her grandfather always tells people that she is sick when she goes to the feudal era. While it doesn't explain how she sees InuYasha in the current time period the handful of times that she does, that can be explained by her still being sick, but not being so sick that she's totally out of it.

Why these theories work: The explain everything. Naraku represents some form of real-world trouble that she is in, some sort of tormentor. Perhaps it is some teacher that she doesn't like, or even something as vague as the tense situation that she may be unable to get into the school that she wants because of the fact that she's sick, perhaps the sickness itself (which would explain the poison bugs as a metaphor) InuYasha could represent her courage, Miroku could represent her lust, Sango could represent her sense of duty/justice. The Jewel itself could represent millions of things, one of which could be her missing father, who's absence is never explained, and who is never mentioned in the series, and her desire to find him. It could also represent her desire to be healthy and normal.

Everything can be explained away as a product of her mind.

Lol, the japanese Alice in Wonderland? We should totally do something like that.

I will try to work on something on a day that I'm not working, because work kicks my ass and I don't feel much like writing after it, but my mornings are pretty full with walking the dog and getting the mail, so doing it before is kind of out too.

::sneeks back in after a LONG tie being away:: Deh Kitten is back! And has posted in a thread she had wit the mage she had compeletly forgotten about. Apologies for the like really long delay ::gives deh mage cookies::

Back