Millie's terrible day thread. You can post any and of your disappoints for the day, week, month, year, or your life.

Bloody nose again. I rose from my office chair a few minutes ago, felt my nose "run", and caught it before I dripped everywhere. Sometimes these little episodes result in what looks like a crime scene.

This time of year I get spontaneous bloody noses. I don't have to be doing anything. Lying in bed sleeping, sitting on the sofa, getting up out of a chair - thar she flows! Usually takes about 10-15 minutes to stop ever since I've been on these stupid blood thinners. Last spring one episode took 45 minutes to stanch. That one had me really concerned. Had one last week in the doc's (GP) waiting room that scared the receptionists. Nurse thought she knew how to help, "Tilt your head back!", and I had to tell her no, that I've been dealing with these for 50 years, and all that does is make the blood go down my throat. Doing that doesn't stop anything - this is how you do it.

I've been putting off calling the otorhinolaryngologist - say that fast 3 times - otherwise known as an ENT, or ear-nose-throat doctor. Better do that today. He'll just stick a silver nitrate swab up my nose to cauterize this year's crack. My left sinus has to be mostly scar tissue by now, which is adding to the problem.

How is everybody else's disappointing day?

So, I need to travel to the parental units this weekend and try to mow their lawn. But it's chilly today, and they have a ton of rain this week. Donnie's been a bit fussy and doesn't want to go to school today, and I feel like a bitch because I'm making him. He doesn't have a fever, doesn't feel bad, and won't tell me why he doesn't want to go, which sets off my PI esp. So, I'll go to his school and watch from the observation room and be sure no one is picking on him.

I need to be writing and can't get in the mood.

Oh, and the damn cat, Cat, is misbehaving but that is in her job discription.

I've been putting off calling the otorhinolaryngologist - say that fast 3 times - otherwise known as an ENT, or ear-nose-throat doctor. Better do that today. He'll just stick a silver nitrate swab up my nose to cauterize this year's crack.

Well. I called the ENT's office... and was given my choice of appointments... today! Did exactly what I expected, but an awful lot of it, and lordy does my face hurt! Wow! But the bleeding has stopped. He seemed pleased that what he did a year ago held for as long as it did, so he had an encouraging outlook that a minor change in meds and daily routine are likely to work in the long run.

I'll take it!

Seriously, a nurse suggested you tip your head back for a blood nose? That hasn't been the case for years.

Yeah, I know. I hadn't heard that one since high school. She was young. She'll learn.

Face still hurts, nose is running like crazy, and my sneezing is lifting the roof. But it's not bloody, thank goodness.

I was heading over to my girlfriend's house, to surprise her for her birthday.
Instead, I had a seizure and crashed my bike whilst crossing a major road.
Thank god for modern safety equipment, but... Kinda ruined the surprise when I had to call for help.

I was heading over to my girlfriend's house, to surprise her for her birthday.
Instead, I had a seizure and crashed my bike whilst crossing a major road.
Thank god for modern safety equipment, but... Kinda ruined the surprise when I had to call for help.
Glad the surprise was all that got broken, hope the seizures can be controlled.

Glad the surprise was all that got broken, hope the seizures can be controlled.
Looking like the answer can be confirmed with about four months of testing, so... I'd say things are hopeful.
It sucks, but I *should* be okay.

So, I'm not sure what's happened, but my brother and his current wife (the second) are having some issues with her ex-husband. Apparently, he is suing for full custody, and absent any cause, he's threatened both of them. I'm not sure how serious the threats are or what's being done. We're all considering heading down to Texas and getting involved, but he's telling us to stay away. Meantime, he can't go on the road and make money. So, I don't know what solution would work.

So, I'm not sure what's happened, but my brother and his current wife (the second) are having some issues with her ex-husband. Apparently, he is suing for full custody, and absent any cause, he's threatened both of them. I'm not sure how serious the threats are or what's being done. We're all considering heading down to Texas and getting involved, but he's telling us to stay away. Meantime, he can't go on the road and make money. So, I don't know what solution would work.
I'm sorry to hear that Millie.

Hopefully, things will all work out in the end. 🫂🫂🫂

Not in a good frame of mind today. Nose still hurts from yesterday's cauterization. Adding insult is the five rounds of epistaxis since. One this morning took over a half-hour to bring under control, which for a few minutes had me fearing I needed to drive myself to the ER since my wife is laid-up with an ortho boot from foot surgery last week.

On top of 3 fantastic hours of sleep from the pain, the bleeds, and the dog's demands that I have to handle because C is hobbled and can't deal with him.

We used to joke to each other about, "What are we going to do if both of us get sick?" It's not a joke any more.

Thanks, guys. Minor update... nose still hurts like hell, but only one minor seeping bleed so far, and - miracle of miracles - a full night's sleep. I did actually muster the energy to mow the back lawn late yesterday, and hoping to do the same at our guest house today.

Today's bummer is researching the antihistamine the doc prescribed Friday, which I was supposed to start this morning. Absolutely contraindicated for another condition I have. ...sigh...

Today's bummer is researching the antihistamine the doc prescribed Friday, which I was supposed to start this morning. Absolutely contraindicated for another condition I have. ...sigh...
I'm allergic to the most common antihistamine in Europe. As in, it causes a skin reaction that makes it looks like someone's taken a blowtorch to my delicate areas. So one day when I was on a cruise and woke up with an allergic reaction, well... No fun.

Thanks, guys. Minor update... nose still hurts like hell, but only one minor seeping bleed so far, and - miracle of miracles - a full night's sleep. I did actually muster the energy to mow the back lawn late yesterday, and hoping to do the same at our guest house today.

Living with the lovely lifelong things can be such a shitstorm. There's never a way to help you out, without also screwing you over.
You've got my sympathies, all of 'em.

Back