Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, and how the Democrats abandoned patriotism!

Thank gawd some are taking action against the largest exporter of terrorism and predatory capitalism on this planet, the good old U.S.A.

YDB95 writes: "No matter how much you may hate him, Obama was the duly elected president when that seat came open on the Supreme Court."

Yes, and no matter how much you may hate him, Mitch McConnell was the duly elected Senate Majority Leader when that seat came open on the Supreme Court, and it's the majority leader's job to schedule senate votes. It's all right there in the U.S. Constitution! If Merrick Garland was right for our U.S. Supreme Court, PRESIDENT TRUMP would have nominated him! But he nominated Neil Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh instead! THEY were obviously the right guys!

"The Senate had the right to vote him down if they saw fit to, but he was entitled to a hearing and a vote - just like Bork got."

Robert Bork & Merrick Garland were BOTH denied seats on our U.S. Supreme Court. Right or wrong, it's done! Get over it! I have! Or... you can endlessly pine for an alternative history in which Garland was voted down by the full U.S. Senate, if that makes you feel better!

"Do you deny that Bork got a fair chance to answer the criticisms levied at him?"

Was Bork treated fairly? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Was Kavanaugh treated fairly? ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Democratic Party is filled with hypocritical sh*theads. But things always seem to even-out in the end. I, for one, am happy that Merrick Garland is NOT on the U.S. Supreme Court while Brett Kavanaugh IS!

"...that you want as many justices as possible who want to bring back the days of back alley abortions?"

ABSOLUTELY NOT! A back-alley abortion stops a beating human heart, just like an antiseptic abortion performed inside a Planned Parenthood clinic! One is like Hitler's extermination squads gunning-down innocent people in a forest on the edge of town, while the other is like hundreds of thousands being murdered inside Auschwitz (an efficiently run Nazi death-camp!)

"They hate gays, they treat women like second class citizens at best and property at worst, they support the death penalty..."

Why is it that ALL of the Muslims running for political office here in the United States today are running as DEMOCRATS?

"So you think a woman would question a man's integrity before the entire world - and get her own reputation trashed by people like you in the process - in the name of abortion rights?"

BE SERIOUS, YDB95 - there are NO Democratic Party female U.S. Senators who would have taken Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford seriously if she was trying to block the confirmation of a PRO-CHOICE justice onto our U.S. Supreme Court - NONE, WHATSOEVER! They'd have ignored her completely!

"Right, Dump, attempted rape is exactly like standing up for the rights of the oppressed."

No jury in the entire United States would have ever convicted Brett Kavanaugh based on Dr. Ford's flimsy, fraudulent evidence - the woman was LYING to block the confirmation of a PRO-LIFE judge! The U.S. Senate heard her bullsh*t story and they DIDN'T believe her! The only person who seemingly can't accept that verdict is YOU!

JKendallDane writes: "Dump...you really aren't very good at this type of game-playing."

Yeah, insult-games aren't something that I'm all that interested in taking part in, Jay-Kendall!

curiousoldman writes: "Thank gawd some are taking action against the largest exporter of terrorism and predatory capitalism on this planet, the good old U.S.A."

You know, if you shouted those very words in a speech at the 2020 Democratic Party's national convention I'll bet they'd give you a standing ovation!

YDB95 writes: "No matter how much you may hate him, Obama was the duly elected president when that seat came open on the Supreme Court."

Yes, and no matter how much you may hate him, Mitch McConnell was the duly elected Senate Majority Leader when that seat came open on the Supreme Court, and it's the majority leader's job to schedule senate votes. It's all right there in the U.S. Constitution!

No, no it isn't. The Constitution doesn't say anything about parties, and certainly not about the majority leader (a position that didn't exist at the time). Besides, even you say it's his job to SCHEDULE Senate votes - not to refuse to hold them at all. What the Constitution does say is that it's the Senate's job to advise and consent on presidential nominees. In other words, the Senate had a right to vote Garland down if they saw fit, but not to refuse a vote on him altogether.

If Merrick Garland was right for our U.S. Supreme Court, PRESIDENT TRUMP would have nominated him! But he nominated Neil Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh instead! THEY were obviously the right guys!

So you're saying by definition, everything Trump did was right and everything Obama did was wrong. I can't deny that sums up your attitude quite eloquently.

"The Senate had the right to vote him down if they saw fit to, but he was entitled to a hearing and a vote - just like Bork got."

Robert Bork & Merrick Garland were BOTH denied seats on our U.S. Supreme Court. Right or wrong, it's done! Get over it! I have! Or... you can endlessly pine for an alternative history in which Garland was voted down by the full U.S. Senate, if that makes you feel better!

It just isn't the same. Bork got a vote, Garland didn't. It's that simple.

"Do you deny that Bork got a fair chance to answer the criticisms levied at him?"

Was Bork treated fairly? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Was Kavanaugh treated fairly? ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Democratic Party is filled with hypocritical sh*theads. But things always seem to even-out in the end. I, for one, am happy that Merrick Garland is NOT on the U.S. Supreme Court while Brett Kavanaugh IS!

How do you figure Bork wasn't treated fairly? He got to testify and answer the criticisms levied at him. Garland didn't even really have any criticisms levied at him in the first place.

"...that you want as many justices as possible who want to bring back the days of back alley abortions?"

ABSOLUTELY NOT! A back-alley abortion stops a beating human heart, just like an antiseptic abortion performed inside a Planned Parenthood clinic! One is like Hitler's extermination squads gunning-down innocent people in a forest on the edge of town, while the other is like hundreds of thousands being murdered inside Auschwitz (an efficiently run Nazi death-camp!)

We've already been over the lie that abortion stops a beating heart. Most abortions are in the early stages of pregnancy, long before there's a heart. The percentage would be even higher if not for roadblocks thrown up by people like you. So let's face it, you're not really concerned with saving lives, you just want to punish women for having sex.

"They hate gays, they treat women like second class citizens at best and property at worst, they support the death penalty..."

Why is it that ALL of the Muslims running for political office here in the United States today are running as DEMOCRATS?

Because they don't fit the stereotype you always throw around?

"So you think a woman would question a man's integrity before the entire world - and get her own reputation trashed by people like you in the process - in the name of abortion rights?"

BE SERIOUS, YDB95 - there are NO Democratic Party female U.S. Senators who would have taken Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford seriously if she was trying to block the confirmation of a PRO-CHOICE justice onto our U.S. Supreme Court - NONE, WHATSOEVER! They'd have ignored her completely!

Or perhaps there simply hasn't been a pro-choice nominee with a history of abusing women like Thomas and Kavanaugh have.

"Right, Dump, attempted rape is exactly like standing up for the rights of the oppressed."

No jury in the entire United States would have ever convicted Brett Kavanaugh based on Dr. Ford's flimsy, fraudulent evidence - the woman was LYING to block the confirmation of a PRO-LIFE judge! The U.S. Senate heard her bullsh*t story and they DIDN'T believe her! The only person who seemingly can't accept that verdict is YOU!

We'll see about that next November.

YDB95 writes: "No, no it isn't. The Constitution doesn't say anything about parties, and certainly not about the majority leader (a position that didn't exist at the time)."

The U.S. Senate Majority leader, like the Speaker of the House, is selected by a MAJORITY of the legislators in that particular house of congress! And it is the job of the leader to select when & what issues will be voted upon when that body meets. Back when Patrick Leahy (D-VT) was senate majority leader, he would regularly choose which issues to vote on (or NOT vote on), and he also imposed the so-called "nuclear option" no longer requiring sixty-votes to get something through the U.S. Senate! Thanks to Senator Leahy's action, both Neal Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh both serve today on our nation's U.S. Supreme Court!

"In other words, the Senate had a right to vote Garland down if they saw fit, but not to refuse a vote on him altogether."

You say that the U.S. Senate had no choice but to vote on Merrick Garland's nomination, but that's a decision that's up to the U.S. Supreme Court to decide, and NOT you or I! For example, many anti-gun Democrats seriously want to make private gun-ownership illegal despite the FACT that the Second Amendment to our U.S. Constitution rules otherwise!

"So you're saying by definition, everything Trump did was right and everything Obama did was wrong."

No, what I'm actually saying is that Barack Obama was an all-around crappy president (and an economic simpleton), whereas Donald Trump has done a MUCH better job in that office! You are free to disagree with me if you so choose.

"It just isn't the same. Bork got a vote, Garland didn't. It's that simple."

Neither Robert Bork nor Merrick Garland got a chance to serve on our nation's U.S. Supreme Court, and neither you nor I can change that. It's just that simple!

"How do you figure Bork wasn't treated fairly? He got to testify and answer the criticisms levied at him. Garland didn't even really have any criticisms levied at him in the first place."

I have gotten over Robert Bork's shabby treatment by the Senate Democrats, just as I have gotten over Brett Kavanaugh's shabby treatment by the Democrats. It's pretty clear to me that you have NOT gotten over Merrick Garland's not getting a Senate vote. Eventually, you're going to have to put that behind you and move on with your life!

"We've already been over the lie that abortion stops a beating heart."

And yet the "pro-choicers" in this nation continue to celebrate the termination of human life in the womb! Abortion is a horrific, barbaric procedure!

"So let's face it, you're not really concerned with saving lives, you just want to punish women for having sex."

You could argue the exact same thing for legal infanticide! Seriously, YDB95 - at what point does it become MURDER to you? I realize that your principles are incredibly shallow, but at what point would you actually stand-up-against the abortion lobby and call their actions monstrous?

"Because they don't fit the stereotype you always throw around?"

This has nothing to do with stereotypes - I'm simply saying that EVERY anti-American Muslim living in the United States today is either a Democrat and/or he-or-she votes-for/supports Democratic Party candidates! Every single one!

"Or perhaps there simply hasn't been a pro-choice nominee with a history of abusing women like Thomas and Kavanaugh have."

You repeat nonsensical things like they are facts, when you KNOW they're untrue. Neither Clarence Thomas nor Brett Kavanaugh have ever abused women. The U.S. Senate listened to all the the evidence, and voted to put BOTH me on our nation's highest court!

You want actual FACTS? Okay, President Clinton lied under oath to obstruct justice in a sexual harrassment investigation being conducted against him, and the Democratic Party insisted it was no big deal! Today's #Me,Too argues that the Democrats were WRONG!

"We'll see about that next November."

I seriously hope that the Democrats invite Dr. Christina Blasey-Ford, Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett, & Greta Thunberg to ALL speak at their party's 2020 national convention! I would love that SO MUCH!

YDB95 writes: "No, no it isn't. The Constitution doesn't say anything about parties, and certainly not about the majority leader (a position that didn't exist at the time)."

The U.S. Senate Majority leader, like the Speaker of the House, is selected by a MAJORITY of the legislators in that particular house of congress! And it is the job of the leader to select when & what issues will be voted upon when that body meets. Back when Patrick Leahy (D-VT) was senate majority leader, he would regularly choose which issues to vote on (or NOT vote on), and he also imposed the so-called "nuclear option" no longer requiring sixty-votes to get something through the U.S. Senate! Thanks to Senator Leahy's action, both Neal Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh both serve today on our nation's U.S. Supreme Court!

Pat Leahy was never the majority leader, Dump.

"In other words, the Senate had a right to vote Garland down if they saw fit, but not to refuse a vote on him altogether."

You say that the U.S. Senate had no choice but to vote on Merrick Garland's nomination, but that's a decision that's up to the U.S. Supreme Court to decide, and NOT you or I!

It's not the Supreme Court's decision either. For one person to block any action whatsoever on a president's judicial nominee - and that is EXACTLY what happened in this case - is profoundly undemocratic, and not the way the government is supposed to work at all.

Strictly speaking the Constitution really doesn't provide for anything like what McConnell did. If I had to guess, I'd say that was because the framers never foresaw a situation like the one he created.

For example, many anti-gun Democrats seriously want to make private gun-ownership illegal despite the FACT that the Second Amendment to our U.S. Constitution rules otherwise!

A few do, but the vast majority just support common-sense gun control, not banning ownership entirely. And the FACT is that the Second Amendment refers to "a well-regulated militia". Reasonable people could disagree on exactly what that means, but there's no reason to believe it was intended to enable private citizens to stockpile weapons of war.

"It just isn't the same. Bork got a vote, Garland didn't. It's that simple."

Neither Robert Bork nor Merrick Garland got a chance to serve on our nation's U.S. Supreme Court, and neither you nor I can change that. It's just that simple!

Bork got a chance to answer the charges against him, and he got a vote. He lost, but he got a vote. Garland didn't, even though there weren't even any substantial objections to him. It just isn't the same.

"How do you figure Bork wasn't treated fairly? He got to testify and answer the criticisms levied at him. Garland didn't even really have any criticisms levied at him in the first place."

I have gotten over Robert Bork's shabby treatment by the Senate Democrats, just as I have gotten over Brett Kavanaugh's shabby treatment by the Democrats. It's pretty clear to me that you have NOT gotten over Merrick Garland's not getting a Senate vote. Eventually, you're going to have to put that behind you and move on with your life!

Oh, I have. But you still haven't answered my question: how do you figure Bork wasn't treated fairly?

"We've already been over the lie that abortion stops a beating heart."

And yet the "pro-choicers" in this nation continue to celebrate the termination of human life in the womb! Abortion is a horrific, barbaric procedure!

I'll say it again: if you hate abortion so much, the thing to do is take steps to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place. Better sex education, easily-available contraception, and counselling for teenagers who need to learn about safer sex. You know who provides all that? Planned Parenthood. And we all know what you think of them.

"So let's face it, you're not really concerned with saving lives, you just want to punish women for having sex."

You could argue the exact same thing for legal infanticide! Seriously, YDB95 - at what point does it become MURDER to you? I realize that your principles are incredibly shallow, but at what point would you actually stand-up-against the abortion lobby and call their actions monstrous?

When you produce legitimate evidence that anyone out there has ever even considered having an elective abortion in her third trimester. It just doesn't happen, Dump.

"Because they don't fit the stereotype you always throw around?"

This has nothing to do with stereotypes - I'm simply saying that EVERY anti-American Muslim living in the United States today is either a Democrat and/or he-or-she votes-for/supports Democratic Party candidates! Every single one!

If they went to the trouble to migrate to the US and become citizens (otherwise they can't vote, remember?), it's a bit of a stretch to call them "anti-American", don't you think?

Oh, wait, of course you don't. You think everyone who doesn't think like you is anti-American. But even setting that aside, how on earth can you possibly know what "every single one" of them thinks, or how they vote? You can't. I can't. No one can.

"Or perhaps there simply hasn't been a pro-choice nominee with a history of abusing women like Thomas and Kavanaugh have."

You repeat nonsensical things like they are facts, when you KNOW they're untrue. Neither Clarence Thomas nor Brett Kavanaugh have ever abused women.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

The U.S. Senate listened to all the the evidence, and voted to put BOTH me on our nation's highest court!

Which proves nothing, really.

You want actual FACTS? Okay, President Clinton lied under oath to obstruct justice in a sexual harrassment investigation being conducted against him, and the Democratic Party insisted it was no big deal! Today's #Me,Too argues that the Democrats were WRONG!

Cute, but no. Opposition to impeachment over a consensual blowjob has nothing to do with believing sexual harassment is "no big deal". And most progressives I know - including myself - are NO fans of Bill Clinton. We don't deify our politicians the way you guys have done with Reagan and, more recently, Trump.

"We'll see about that next November."

I seriously hope that the Democrats invite Dr. Christina Blasey-Ford, Megan Rapinoe, Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett, & Greta Thunberg to ALL speak at their party's 2020 national convention! I would love that SO MUCH!

That you see fit to lump Jussie Smollett in with the others there just really says everything about your outlook, Dump. I can think of nothing to add.

Y

JKendallDane writes: "Dump...you really aren't very good at this type of game-playing."

Yeah, insult-games aren't something that I'm all that interested in taking part in, Jay-Kendall!

(NOTE TO SELF, JKD... write down the thread title and the post number where those words of the Dump appears; then tack it up the bulletin board so they can (all by their lonesome) be used as a reply to every single time in the future when the "Emily Post of politeness" here on Lit takes a cheap shot at someone. Plan on needing to use it at least a minimum of six times by the weekend.)

Anti-Kavanaugh Book Written by New York Times Reporters Flops

The new anti-Kavanaugh book written by two New York Times “reporters” is a massive bomb.

According to the source you choose, "The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation," which received an enormous amount of free publicity through excepts published at the Times and a extensive media tour for authors Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, either sold 3,120 copies or 4,000 copes during its first two weeks in release.

No matter how you look at it, it’s a catastrophe.

According to the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard, the book was expected to sell between 10,000 and 12,00 copies during these two weeks, which would have been enough to place it on the Times’ bestseller list.

Over at Amazon, as of now, and despite days and days of headline making publicity, the Kindle version of "The Education of Brett Kavanaugh" ranks at a stunning (in a bad way) #13,755. The print version is nearly as bad at a jaw-dropping #7,636.

The old saying goes there is no such thing as bad publicity, but that really was the only publicity this hardcover chunk of fake news received.

The book’s hook was supposed to be the uncovering of an all-new allegation of sexual misconduct against our newest associate Supreme Court justice, and when news of this allegation hit the pages of the Times, it consumed the news-cycle. For at least forty-eight hours America was dropped right back into Brett Kavanaugh’s bitter confirmation battle.

On top of all that publicity, the hoaxtresses behind the book enjoyed the additional hoopla of having almost every major Democrat presidential candidate call attention to the book by calling for Kavanaugh’s impeachment.

The problem, though, is that in just a few short hours the book’s hook was proven to be a lie — you know, just like every other phony allegation of misconduct against Kavanaugh was proven to be a lie.

Back