Linking previous chapters within latest chapter

Bicurious_77

Writer
I’m working on a series with multiple parts. Are we allowed to have hyperlinks to previous parts? For example I’m writing Part 2 of a multi-part storyline. In each subsequent part am I allowed to include a hyperlink to the preceding parts?

the guidelines mention the following;
“Works that contain advertisements, outside links, domain names, or outside promotions of any kind within the description, body text, or audio (including “See my profile for…”)

It'll be built in at the end of your published piece. There'll be a link to "Next Chapter" and "Previous Chapter." The site does that for you.

Yes, you can, but there's no real need to because they're easy enough to find.

Linking previous chapters within latest chapter​

I have started doing this at the beginning of each chapter (the link is to the series page):

The Kiss - Chapter Two

Having marveled at The Falls, Gemma and Emily drove back to their Niagara hotel. Emily was at the wheel, the automatic transmission allowing her to hold hands with her friend. Gemma's mind was racing as fast as her heart. Closing her eyes she recalled Emily's soft lips on hers, Emily's curious tongue meeting hers, then it moving deeper into her mouth and Gemma's own tongue, shyly, falteringly reciprocating. She remembered parting, only to embrace and stroke and kiss cheeks and bury faces in shoulders. Above everything else, she knew she had wanted more, she knew that she still did. Opening her eyes, Gemma squeezed Emily's hand and her friend turned her head briefly to flash a smile at her.

Since when?
It's over in the right side column. For ease of use, there should be a previous, next, and series link at the bottom of the text in my opinion, but it is present on the page near the end of the text.

Then again, having those links immediately following the text might cause people to skip the voting form and move on to the next installment, which is far from ideal.

I’m working on a series with multiple parts. Are we allowed to have hyperlinks to previous parts? For example I’m writing Part 2 of a multi-part storyline. In each subsequent part am I allowed to include a hyperlink to the preceding parts?

“Works that contain advertisements, outside links, domain names, or outside promotions of any kind within the description, body text, or audio (including “See my profile for…”)
The site auto-links chapters, or you can build a Manual Series from your Control Panel.

Keep it simple:

Story Title Ch.01 - The Beginning
Story Title Ch.02 - A Bit More
Story Title Ch.03 - They All Die

It's an alpha-numeric sequencing that runs from a common text string then picks up on the change. Check out my story list for a bunch of different examples.

The site auto-links chapters, or you can build a Manual Series from your Control Panel.

Keep it simple:

Story Title Ch.01 - The Beginning
Story Title Ch.02 - A Bit More
Story Title Ch.03 - They All Die

It's an alpha-numeric sequencing that runs from a common text string then picks up on the change. Check out my story list for a bunch of different examples.
I wouldn't even recommend allowing the automated system to do its thing any longer. It's been buggy for years, and that's not really been improved.

There's a bit of a learning curve with manual series, but once you get over that hump, it has a ton to offer that the generic system just doesn't provide. First and foremost being that you're not longer a slave to alphanumeric titling.

I'll copy and paste the instructions I just posted to another AH thread:

The code to insert into your story for such a link is in the following example:
Another story <a href=https://literotica.com/s/the-user-guide-a-geek-pride-story> “The User Guide – A Geek Pride Story”</a> I wrote over a year ago shows how the geek Ted thinks.

That green "<a href" and ending with the </a> will cause the title within the quotes to be a blue highlighted link to that other story. (I colored the hyperlink in green just for this example.)

To get the "https:// " hyperlink, merely right-click the story link in the titlles or your own works page, and copy the link. Then paste that link in this <a href= ....>.
When you post your story with these hypertext links, the web site automatically reads the code within those < >, and converts it to the appropriate web links. And you can use the Preview before publishing to ensure it worked correctly.

I wouldn't even recommend allowing the automated system to do its thing any longer. It's been buggy for years, and that's not really been improved.

There's a bit of a learning curve with manual series, but once you get over that hump, it has a ton to offer that the generic system just doesn't provide. First and foremost being that you're not longer a slave to alphanumeric titling.
Yeah, I agree it's buggy, but for most of my chaptered stories, the auto-system works okay.

I've only had to manually rebuild two Series, which got themselves duplicated several years ago. As you say, it takes a few goes to figure out how it works, but once the build is done, it looks permanent. The main advantage for me, is you can state a Series is complete (although I doubt many people pay attention to that).

You mean this?Screenshot_20230918-020559.png

Not exactly. I’m more talking about links within the story. I hadn’t seen this option yet. But if Literotica does that automatically then it frees me up from needing to link past episodes And just reference them.

Not exactly. I’m more talking about links within the story. I hadn’t seen this option yet. But if Literotica does that automatically then it frees me up from needing to link past episodes And just reference them.
The chaptering process is automatic, but can also be done manually - refer to the posts above.

But why would you need to reference anything? Chapters merely progress, 1, 2, 3... You don't ever see one chapter reference another.

Are you trying to do something different?

There's no need to do that.

Back