Another Example of Underage Sexual Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodington

Virgin
I apologize for starting a new thread as I find that my previous thread has been closed presumably for lack of any new postings. For convenience I'm including relevant parts of my OP of the previous thread.

“I have currently submitted to Literotica some chapters for a new novel I’ve written. The first chapter is rejected on the basis that Literotica does not accept submissions involving any sexual activity involving underage persons. In rejecting my story the moderator was kind enough to explain the expanded definition of “stories involving sexual activity involving underage persons” as far as it seems Literotica is concerned.

I quote: “This includes but is not limited to talking explicitly about sex, voyeurism, exhibitionism, fantasizing, masturbation, and graphic sexualized descriptions, in addition to actual sexual intercourse. This also includes explicit past remembrances, descriptions of an underage person’s body/physical development and/or the reaction of other people to it; references to people under the age of 18 “playing doctor” or “sex education”, and any similar situations.”... the following is one of the sentences in the text of my proposed novel the moderator has objected to as an example of underage sexual activity:

“She sensed that there had to be a sexual component as a factor in her enjoyment, but as she was not yet sexually active, she was at a loss to explain her passion for this music. All she could discern was that she found this music was compelling”

The context of the sentence is that my character at 16 years of age was enthralled by a particular piece of classical music she did not know why, thought it might have sexual connotation but because she was still a virgin was not sure. I think I’m safe to say that no rational person could conceive that my sentence in any way is a description of sexual activity involving an underage person...."

I want to clarity once and for all my rationale for starting the previous thread and this one. My apologies to the poster who finds this topic tedious, but as another poster intimated you are not required to read this posting. I do not and I repeat I do not object to Literotica’s prohibition of descriptions of underage sexual activity. I can discern the merit of this rule. I do not even object to the legalize definition of underage sexuality apparently used as a guideline for the Literotica moderator to reject stories that contain perceived underage sexual activity.

Incidently, for those posters who point out that Literotica is a private business free to make any rules they want, you are simply stating the obvious which is not germane to this discussion. I personally think the problem stems from an understandable human point of view. If one has a tedious job that requires one to eliminate a possibility that rarely occurs, then when one discovers such possibility or even a hint of the possibility, one is eager to act upon it and is proud of making such discovery.

Let me give you a personal example to illustrate what I mean. I am of an age that is in the high risk category for covid, but I’m vaccinated so no worries there. Since my mid forties I‘ve had annual check ups with my family doctor which would include blood work analysis. Invariably these visits would indicate I was healthy, but one day in my mid sixties, my doctor noticed a slight increase in my PSA score and ordered a biopsy which subsequently showed that I indeed was suffering from the beginning stages of prostate cancer. I was treated accordingly and I have been cancer free in excess of ten years since. My doctor in subsequent visits always indicated that he was pleased to have spotted that anomaly in my blood analysis, which I interpreted to mean that it was a real lucky chance for him to discover it. Perhaps I’m too cynical, I sure as hell don’t denigrate his ability and am obviously grateful for his efficiency.

In any case, I feel very fortunate in that prostate cancer is a truly insidious disease. I’ve learned that it is the number 2 killer of males, I forget which is number 1. It is 100% treatable if detected early. But the problem is that the symptoms that one has prostrate cancer are not usually discernable until the cancer has grown to the point where treatment is virtually ineffective. I can attest I was very surprised to learn that I had the disease as I was not suffering from any symptom that is associated with prostate cancer.

I feel I was very lucky in that regard considering another real live example that I’m aware of. One of my favorite authors is Vince Flynn, who wrote a series of terrorist thrillers which are a terrific compelling read. He died at a relative young age of 47 from prostate cancer. My personal reaction is that considering his age, either he was not in the habit of getting annual medical check-ups or if he was, his doctor might not have noticed the tiny aberration in his blood analysis. He could have been alive today had his cancer been detected earlier.

My apologies for my lengthy digression, so back to the discussion at hand. The other day, presuming it to be a typical day for Literotica, I counted out how many new stories were published on this site for that day. The count was about one hundred. I also imagine hardly any one of them had an underage sex problem. Most stories submitted herein especially those stories not part of a series are predominantly descriptions of sexual episodes wherein the age of the participants is immaterial.

So it is easy to surmise that for the vast majority of stories submitted, the question of underage sexual activity does not arise. As a result, I believe the Literotica moderator is hyper vigilant to root out any story with even a hint of underage sexual activity real or imagined. How else can one conclude for the decision outlined in my previous posting? I am now able to provide another example as a subsequent chapter for that novel has been rejected for underage sexual activity. The offending sentence?:

“I did not even think about birth control as I've worn an IUD since I was sixteen years old.”

Of course that sentence is easy to change so that my chapter can be accepted. But I’m protesting to the moderator to accept what I’ve written since getting fitted for an IUD is surely not a sexual activity no matter the age. It is simply an occurrence at a doctor’s office for birth control should one indulge in sexual intercourse. So I find the decision to reject truly outlandish and in my view does not even square with the comprehensive definition Literotica adheres to. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not really bitching. I’m just offering this posting as mere entertainment. In reality I am merely amused by these rejections.

Last edited:
Threads don't get closed for inactivity. They get closed because the mod has decided that the discussion should end, for one reason or another. Starting a new thread to continue a mod-closed discussion will probably not give the results you want.

Genuinely curious why this is a hill you want to die on?
Is it that important to make it a sexual revelation at 16? Because if so, you already know your answer per the standards here. Regardless of whether or not you agree with them, you've been told what the rules of engagement are.
Could you not just change it so that she felt an unusual awakening at 16, rather than make it specifically and overtly sexual in nature? Then, when she is older (i.e. legal), she recognizes this feeling as being sexual. I don't know if this would circumvent your issues, but it seems pretty obvious that no matter how many threads you start, the result is always going to be the same unless you change what is categorized as "unpublishable".

So I find the decision to reject truly outlandish and in my view does not even square with the comprehensive definition Literotica adheres to. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not really bitching. I’m just offering this posting as mere entertainment. In reality I am merely amused by these rejections.
You're not going about this the right way. If you want to get your content published on Lit, you need to work within the site guidelines, not bitch against them. You should understand that it was most likely Laurel who closed the last thread on this topic, and she'll now be watching this one closely.

The rest of the writers here have figured out the age policy and get their content published, so you can too. Review your text (I'd suggest more closely than you might have done) to absolutely remove any ambiguous content. Spend your time doing that, rather than writing long spiels here, will probably get you a better result.

Threads don't get closed for inactivity. They get closed because the mod has decided that the discussion should end, for one reason or another. Starting a new thread to continue a mod-closed discussion will probably not give the results you want.

This.

I remember your other thread. It went exactly the same way every other thread questioning the underage policy goes. This one will, too.

Your "issue" with this policy is, whether you believe it or not, not that special. It doesn't need a lengthy new thread to which people can go to hash out all these things for the ninetieth time.

I'm sorry you can't move on, OP. But you need to.

This.

I remember your other thread. It went exactly the same way every other thread questioning the underage policy goes. This one will, too.

Your "issue" with this policy is, whether you believe it or not, not that special. It doesn't need a lengthy new thread to which people can go to hash out all these things for the ninetieth time.

I'm sorry you can't move on, OP. But you need to.

Couldn't agree more! Time to move on OP.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back