let's face it: very few Lit women are worth approaching them

I mean you don't have to participate in the thread if you don't want to.

The OP was referring to how difficult it is to find constructive writing partners. If you want to say it's easier than he was suggesting, then go for it.

Otherwise, you're clearly trying to provoke people into vanity which wastes their time, energy, and attention. There's no point.
I've been most entertained by this moving trainwreck of a thread-! Some lively banter, lots of crazy theories and pronouncements, starting with the OP. You said he was "referring to how difficult it is to find constructive writing partners". Hmm.. that may be buried in his word salads somewhere, but other things stand out to me. From the beginning:

"Subservient men". WTF?? I'll tell you what that is; an attack on men who presume to treat women as equals in every way, and therefore worthy of respect.

Then he attacks women in general, for instance calling them "illiterate" if their casual response is not to his liking. On the occasion he meets a woman online he considers "literate", he accuses them of being spoiled and entitled. The stage is hereby set for women and men who find this kind of misogyny insulting to express their feelings about it, and for the occasional defender of such knuckle-dragging behavior by men who somehow find a woman with her own mind and point of view threatening.

No one, man or woman, owes anyone else a response. Or respect. I think respect has to be earned. And women don't have to respond to a man's request that they respond, or that they justify their thoughts or actions to anyone.

Why are we bothering? Maybe if no one says anything to this ummm guy he will eventually go away.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m 100% here for the lols. It’s a thread where we can all come together to point and laugh at the incels. I don’t want that to go away, I want to bask in it and feel their crazy words on my skin. Revel in the glory

I've been most entertained by this moving trainwreck of a thread-! Some lively banter, lots of crazy theories and pronouncements, starting with the OP. You said he was "referring to how difficult it is to find constructive writing partners". Hmm.. that may be buried in his word salads somewhere, but other things stand out to me. From the beginning:

"Subservient men". WTF?? I'll tell you what that is; an attack on men who presume to treat women as equals in every way, and therefore worthy of respect.

Then he attacks women in general, for instance calling them "illiterate" if their casual response is not to his liking. On the occasion he meets a woman online he considers "literate", he accuses them of being spoiled and entitled. The stage is hereby set for women and men who find this kind of misogyny insulting to express their feelings about it, and for the occasional defender of such knuckle-dragging behavior by men who somehow find a woman with her own mind and point of view threatening.

No one, man or woman, owes anyone else a response. Or respect. I think respect has to be earned. And women don't have to respond to a man's request that they respond, or that they justify their thoughts or actions to anyone.
I'm not sure the OP made this thread to discuss respect. He was trying to discuss a willingness to exercise talent.

The problem is you can't exercise talent if there's no talent to exercise.

This is why I mentioned the matter of how women learn from experience whereas men come up with experiences to learn from. Women follow men because their inclination is to learn from how others exercise talent and replicate them, not to come up with ideas ex nihilo.

The very notion of coming up with ideas ex nihilo is treated as patriarchic.

(Just to review, I'm not the OP.)

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m 100% here for the lols. It’s a thread where we can all come together to point and laugh at the incels. I don’t want that to go away, I want to bask in it and feel their crazy words on my skin. Revel in the glory

Over the years I think the only “flavor” of poster that has gone down in number are the attractive het women.

There are more of the emo 10,000 words per post “men” ( incels?) than ever….they remind me of the whiny chicks that post about not being able to trust men… they’re probably the same people. :)

More articulate lesbians now, fewer bitchy gay men.

White knights, armchair experts and “ who has more nukes” military idiots are about the same.

More Karens, fewer cheating married women.

Over the years I think the only “flavor” of poster that has gone down in number are the attractive het women.

There are more of the emo 10,000 words per post “men” ( incels?) than ever….they remind me of the whiny chicks that post about not being able to trust men… they’re probably the same people. :)

More articulate lesbians now, fewer bitchy gay men.

White knights, armchair experts and “ who has more nukes” military idiots are about the same.

More Karens, fewer cheating married women.
To be fair, if you go elsewhere whether it's Skype, Hangouts, Discord, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, etc., you're still going to encounter women who want men to take point in describing how a fantasy comes together.

Twitter is my favorite example here because you can easily find female accounts with 5-digit followings who glamorize accounts of men who are well-dressed and set women up in BDSM fantasies where they're gagged, tied up, and dressed up in elegant lingerie where they talk about how women like to be trashy in private, but pretty in public. Those men get drooled over literally all the time, but the women who drool over them don't really offer anything at all beyond what's already presented.

At best, those accounts have snippy, spiteful, snarky, sarcastic attitudes where they confess to being 30, 40, and 50 year old brats like teenagers who never grew up...

...but if you go offline, women... tend to not be this way at all. They're eagerly submissive and supportive for a number of reasons.

I'm not sure the OP made this thread to discuss respect. He was trying to discuss a willingness to exercise talent.

The problem is you can't exercise talent if there's no talent to exercise.

This is why I mentioned the matter of how women learn from experience whereas men come up with experiences to learn from. Women follow men because their inclination is to learn from how others exercise talent and replicate them, not to come up with ideas ex nihilo.

The very notion of coming up with ideas ex nihilo is treated as patriarchic.

(Just to review, I'm not the OP.)
So by this theory of yours, women learn from experience, and since the men come up with the experiences, since women can't for some reason, they learn from men's experiences. What about women's experiences? Completely apart from men's experiences? Are those not valid as well?
Women can't come up with ideas themselves? As you put it, ex nihilo? I don't understand where that idea comes from.

I think what is happening here is due to some men feeling that their position as men grants them certain creative gifts that women can't come up with on their own. Because, well, they're women. And the women who manage to come up with ideas must by definition have learned how to do so by emulating men, from whom all true ideas flow.. do I have that right? Sounds wacky to me. To each their own.

I'm aware you are not the OP. BTW, who is it that has no talent to exercise? Those who responded to the OP? Or women in general?

Do men really come on here to meet women? wow that is desperate.
The fact that these women are all over the world, the chance of getting lucky are tiny.
Many seem to be looking for at least online company. That may even succeed, but there are more men than women. Also many men approach in a way that warrants no reply, especially no positive or even friendly.

To be frank, I have met (in less than 2 months) more than one man here I would like to meet in person if we lived closer to each other, even to vet for a lifetime partner. But I am not ready to move across the ocean, and therefore I cannot expect it from the other either.

To most men, discussions amongst women are trivial and uninteresting. I assume many women can say the same when men discuss sport, cars, guns, politics etc.
I just wonder, why is politics on that list of mainly male interest? As to my knowledge there's no great difference. Of course I wouldn't ever discuss politics _here_, especially when it is the divided US politics... Luckily the politics in my country is more diverse.

But I also think that many come here to discuss more pleasant things and leave the politics elsewhere.

I actually don't much care if the person on the other screen is male or female. If we can chat without foul mouths and the usual internet garbage then fine. If not i just scroll down.
As long as it not about getting into something sexual, or a relationship, gender shouldn't matter.

I have people of both genders in my inbox. Some of the men have initially been interested in me as a woman, but after hearing I am not available, have stayed as friends.

Unfascinating women love the internet because they get tons of attention while getting away with having low standards for themselves. They know how desperate men online are and how that desperation has compounded over decades now, so they can get away with putting in little effort for large return.

Sooooo, basically you’re here on Lit to find unfascinating women because you’re a desperate online man who wants to put in little effort for a large return.

Ok got it!!

Because why else would you be here if we are all so unfascinating and only learn from the experience of men 💁🏼‍♀️

Dark, goth emo types 😂 you need to stop reminiscing about high school.

Bless yer wee cotton socks!!

So by this theory of yours, women learn from experience, and since the men come up with the experiences, since women can't for some reason, they learn from men's experiences. What about women's experiences? Completely apart from men's experiences? Are those not valid as well?
Women can't come up with ideas themselves? As you put it, ex nihilo? I don't understand where that idea comes from.

I think what is happening here is due to some men feeling that their position as men grants them certain creative gifts that women can't come up with on their own. Because, well, they're women. And the women who manage to come up with ideas must by definition have learned how to do so by emulating men, from whom all true ideas flow.. do I have that right? Sounds wacky to me. To each their own.

I'm aware you are not the OP. BTW, who is it that has no talent to exercise? Those who responded to the OP? Or women in general?
Mmm... that's a tough question to ask because you're going to have to show that indeed, women have experiences apart from men's experiences.

I mean there is an argument that women experience nature unto itself and enjoy that. I wouldn't disagree with that. Lots of women like getting lost in nature and just float around in it. Ecofeminists would argue this plentily as well as female pagans, but even then, there is always a token amount of craftsmanship which is male initiated in these societies. Even if you want to talk about textiles, jewelry, cuisine, music, dance, art, etc., there is always some male-initiated industry or workshop which facilitates the extraction and refinement of natural resources before they can be harnessed into those experiences.

There is always some level of dirty work which men have to start. If women don't submit to it, they never get off the ground.

Female storywriting always disconnects from this because it has to. Female experiences tend to be social in character by which they take place after this dirty work has happened. They talk about the chaos of personal interactions in how many different ways people can get along in not knowing what other people are going to do while simultaneously reconciling that unknown uncertainty with the certainty they want in their lives as well as the psychological stress of jockeying for status while wanting to be satisfied by that status...

...but again, all of this depends on men doing what needs to get done.

Sooooo, basically you’re here on Lit to find unfascinating women because you’re a desperate online man who wants to put in little effort for a large return.

Ok got it!!

Because why else would you be here if we are all so unfascinating and only learn from the experience of men 💁🏼‍♀️

Dark, goth emo types 😂 you need to stop reminiscing about high school.

Bless yer wee cotton socks!!
Do you see how few posts I have here?

I don't come onto Lit often. It's a sprinkled indulgence in my life.

Now look at how many posts you have here.

Hmmm...

I can’t say I bothered to look.

You indulge in unfascinating women because you’re a desperate man. I believe we established that.
What we've established is your post count is nearly 200 times mine right now, and you've been here for less than half the time.

If anyone's desperate, it's you, not me.

The only reason I come here is because once in a blue moon, I'm interested in splurging in something simple.

What we've established is your post count is nearly 200 times mine right now, and you've been here for less than half the time.

If anyone's desperate, it's you, not me.

The only reason I come here is because once in a blue moon, I'm interested in splurging in something simple.
Awwww do you need a wee cuddle?

Does it make you feel a better person because you don’t like conversations on the boards and I do?

Carry on splurging!!

Online company is chat. It is not the same as real company. As long as that is the expectation all is well. We can chat, but I have no expectation of anyone in my lounge having coffee or coming to braai. Some of them won't get past my security gate unless they have a crisis.
Of course it is not the same as real company. But it can be much more than chatting. Sometimes it leads to video calls, long emails etc.
Ja, they can live across the ocean, or even 500 km away. That is the point of why not to look here for physical companionship, or real life partner, just intellectual stimulation. And you dont get intellectual in the trivia threads. That is why such people post on trivia. They are here for light hearted fun only.
Well, of course one should choose wisely where to get what. Thrivia in thrivia threads, intellectual in intellectual threads.

Although I actually usually have the best intellectual discussions in my PM's or emails.

Politics was just an example. Maybe some women like it. Some women also like motorcycles and engine rebuild. But for men to go to such places for anything else but intellectual pursuit is a waste of time as they are largely male. Any woman who goes there, well sorry for her, but she will get unwanted attention. Maybe that is why they stay away lol.
I think unwanted attention is one reason. Women getting attacked for their opinions (in a way men aren't) is another reason.

Maybe many here are attached. Great. I don't mind as I just want to chat with them if they are of interest, and bonking them is not my main concern.
At least there are plenty of men in sexless marriages looking for online fun. I have had my share in my inbox. But even otherwise being attached is common.

Awwww do you need a wee cuddle?

Does it make you feel a better person because you don’t like conversations on the boards and I do?

Carry on splurging!!
The boards take too much time.

I'm a mature and grown-up working adult who doesn't have time to waste on beating around the bush.

If you take longer than 5 minutes to get back to me, I have better things to do.

Your lack of drive and timeliness isn't my problem.

Back