Justice League: Origins (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
It is Lex Luthor's 21st birthday. The party is being hosted by his friend Oliver Queen aboard the massive luxury yacht known as the Queen's Gambit. A number of Lex and Ollie's former classmates from Gotham Academy are also attending, including Bruce Wayne, Thomas Morrow, and brothers Hugo and Adam Strange. Food, dancing, drinking -- oh, and kidnapping. Being taken hostage by terrorists. Bialyian rebels who intend to hold them for ransom. Their demands? The United States must pull support for Queen Bee, who they helped topple the Islamic state that had been in power for centuries.

To the outside world, Queen Bee appears to be a kind, generous leader who cares about education and healthcare and wants a brighter future for her country. In reality, she is a ruthless sorceress with a talent for illusion and hypnosis and a deep hatred for the male-dominant Islamic view herself and countless other women have been victim to. She fled her country as a beaten and broken teenager, then returned as a strong leader after spending years training with the League of Shadows and learning to unlock her magical talents.

The hostages from the Queen's Gambit are taken to a network of underground caves near the border between Bialyia and Qurac, where they are kept prisoner until the United States makes their decision. The rebels gave them exactly six weeks to have all forces allied to Queen Bee out of the country, with the threat that they would execute all the hostages if their demands are not met.

Just when the captives think they are done for, Amanda Waller and her CIA-sanctioned Suicide Squad show up and save them, but their ride is destroyed and they are forced to travel together on foot through enemy territory to reach safety. But when they discover Queen Bee's true nature, they will be in for the fight of their lives. This experience turns some of them into heroes, and others into villains.

Characters can either be attendees at Lex's birthday party, members of the Suicide Squad, or you can be in those caves by some other means. Hal Jordan, for instance, is an Air Force pilot who was shot down and taken prisoner. He later meets the others when they are being held together in the caves. I am open to creative ideas of how you got there.

A few things to note

• Magic exists in the world, but the Society of Watchers helps minimize exposure.
  • The Society of Watchers is an alternate version of the Justice Society, and they've been working from the shadows for centuries. They sometimes clash with the League of Shadows.
  • Earth has not yet made contact with any alien planets. Any aliens that may be residing on Earth are doing so under the guise of being human.
  • Costumed superheroes have yet to appear in large numbers.
  • I'm awesome.
  • So's my buddy Sean Renaud.
  • Hells yeah.
  • Bullet points are fun.
  • Please only join if you are a good writer. Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. No chatroom RPing here. Write your posts with the same level of quality you would put forth for a novel or literary assignment. I am an aspiring writer and I can't immerse myself in a story if the writing is shit.
  • Is that it?
  • I think so.
  • Cool beans.
  • Now I want chili.
  • Fucking spicy-ass chili.
  • With Fritos.
  • And ice cream for desert.
  • Fuck yeah.

Oh, and I will be playing Clark Kent and Hal Jordan as my main heroes, and while Lex Luthor will start off as a good guy, he will gradually give in to his inner darkness. Thomas Morrow and the Strange brothers I will be playing as sort of background characters, and to also have a few potential villains in hand. Although he won't appear at first, I am putting Anthony Ivo in reserve as Adam Strange and Morrow's professor from MIT.

Sean Renaud is for all intents and purposes the "co-GM" of this RP. He will be playing Oliver Queen and Cyborg for now.

I listed Bruce Wayne as being at the party, but that character IS available of someone wants to play him. Ray Palmer could also be there if someone wants to play him. Unless someone REALLY wants him, I am probably going to use Martian Manhunter as an adviser to the younger heroes and a long-standing member of the Society of Watchers.

I am open to suggestions for ideas. If anyone wants to play Aquaman or Wonder Woman, we could say Atlantis and Themyscira are hidden metahuman cities and allied with the Society.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Hal Jordan will find his power ring, but the Green Lanterns are scattered and few in number as a result of a huge galactic war started by a Darkseid-backed Red Lantern Corps. This epic conflict happened thousands of years ago, leaving many worlds in ruin. By the time Hal joins the Corps, there are only about a dozen worlds left with space-faring technology and the Green Lanterns are spread out much like the Jedi after Order 66. It's not like they can just train new recruits -- most of the power rings were destroyed in the war, and the Ringmakers all died when the Red Lanterns sacked Oa.

Last edited:
Hey Sean, are you still on board if we can get any females? Later tonight I'm going to PM a few.

Hey Sean, are you still on board if we can get any females? Later tonight I'm going to PM a few.

Not sure which Sean you're referencing, and I apologize for not posting anything in here yet, but I was, yes, sort of waiting to see what female response there was since that tends to be one of the most problematic aspects of putting together any sort of group RP with a superheroic or comic book based theme.

Lmao I totally forgot there are two Seans. I was referring to Sean Renaud in that one, lol.

I doubt any of my RPs will get much attention. I see they all seem to have a lot of views, but nobody posts. That tells me people want to see what I've come up with, but don't necessarily want to join since I've developed a bit of a reputation as a literary hard-ass who has a tendency to lose interest in his own threads, lol.

There are more than two of us, I've actually considered swapping it so I'm Renaud Sean instead just because I think I'm the only Renaud. Though one day I went googling and apparently there is a real Sean Renaud and don't get me started on how annoying it is to have people assume I watch Grimm because the captain on that show is named Sean Renaud and I've been Sean Renaud for far longer than that show has even existed.

Also obviously down just as much of an intro as I care to post has been posted for me. I hate character sheets.

LOL. So we got potentially three male writers, and zero females. No one has replied to my PMs either. Oh well. I guess I won't get to RP here again, lol.

*unintentionally bumps "The_Jeffinator's" thread as well*

Whomever is this *OTHER* Sean out there?? Clearly there's only ONE, there could ever ONLY be one......"Sean_Renaud" here. The Ben - freakin' lovin' - 10 dude. End of story!

I gotta admit, as an aside, seeing "Remec" in here. Definitely makes me think of Young Justice, and I get excited. So I had to *ACKNOWLEDGE* such, with this post! I have nothing, including availability, beyond that. But I still support you guys regardless. If that makes sense.

Hehe.

Good luck ;)

Wait-a-minute. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

*mind**totally**blowwwwwwwwwwwwn*

"Remec"...?

All this time--!

You played me like that? You. He. We. You.

Nah.

Nah.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

"Remec" = "Remec"

"Sean_Renaud" is "Sean_Renaud"

There is no in betweens. There are no 'real names' either(if that is what 'we'/you are referring to).

Nahhhhhhhh. I need SANITY, man. I need to make sense. I need to coherently *GRASP* something right now. And calling "Remec" a Sean, is........throwing my world for a spin and a half right now!!!!!

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*doink**doink**zooooooooooooink*

(heh, and thus....now I'm inspired to write! dammit, too bad I have to work *grumble**grin*)

LOL. I've known Remec for years. We first RPed together in my Teen Titans thread back in 2006. He is Remec on Lit, but he uses his real name, Sean, on Facebook. So since he knows I've known him for years as Sean, he wasn't sure which Sean I was referring to, lol.

Last edited:
I only checked out some of the OOC but man. 2006 huh? Wow, very cool! How long did THAT one go for? I guess like anything else, it just died by natural causes huh?

I think I want to be the *first* person.....in forever....to get a group roleplay going....and make it last......like.......(and I know this is a relative term, but I'm going to say it anyway, because my butt is a bit idealistic!)....forever.

I'm working on it. Heh.

Hope you're getting some "bites"/interest on some of your thread ideas so far! ;)

It lasted for like two months, and made it well over a thousand posts. It died though because there were a lot of players by the end and it was all congested and we had all this story crammed into a single weekend, lol.

Here is the IC thread if you want to see how crazy it got, haha.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=457826

And I may have shared this before, but here is the roster page I made for the RP, with the Teen Titans theme in a loop in the background: http://rptitans.tripod.com/

I really miss having an active Titans/YJ group thread. I thought about just doing fanfiction, but without the back and forth of our past RPs, it just doesn't hold the same appeal. I'm to the point where I want to do the RP even if it's just us guys -- just to be able to finally write out all these story arcs bouncing around in my head. Even if it comes down to just me and you guys (Sean, Remec, and Lachiyous). If we could at least get Tighty back, that would be cool. I could play Batgirl or Zatanna as a love interest for Nightwing, and if we can't get Tighty, I can also write M'gann or Wonder Girl for Superboy. I don't care anymore if I can't have females playing my characters' love interest -- I need to write a Titans/YJ group thread, and I need it to last longer than a few months. I want to have a group thread that lasts years and covers dozens of story arcs.

I know Miss "tight_n_ready" is officially back. I got her in my roleplay once more. I also know "Creotia" -- whom was in that Marvel-something or another roleplay of yours, and even one of the Young Justice ones -- is also back. I'd try and contact both. Offer flowers, chocolates. Stuff like that. The gals usually like that kinda stuff. Or should I say, are more willing to...listen. *tease*

As to *MY* personal availability. Well it's lacking tremendously. I'm in two group roleplays as it is, and I'm just barely swinging that! If it didn't take me so long to actually "write"....it wouldn't be an issue...but....I can't seem to get out posts as fast, as any/every-one else on this site. Or so it seems! *shrug*

But other than that....heh....you guys still have my full support! For whatever it's worth...*grin* And of course, I'm still here. In the OOC, anytime. Almost ;)

(that's insane about the post count on that old roleplay of yours by the way! for a moment, I thought you meant you GOT to that amount -- the whole thread's span -- within ONE weekend!!!! hehe, I'm the complete *OPPOSITE*! Because my roleplay is so 'chill/slow-paced'......it's been going on for a year and a half, through the roster and a half of people -- you know how THAT is -- and yet just broke the five page mark recently. Well.....I also changed 'it' from the originally six page thread so that it was under *MY* name and not the original creator's, as to have more 'control'. So maybe it's closer to ELEVEN pages now.....but still! Slow and steady I go.....*grin*)

Yeah, that would be crazy to have over a thousand posts in a single weekend, LOL! I meant only a weekend passed within the continuity, but there was enough story crammed in there to have lasted at least several weeks. And I did message Tighty, though I need to PM Creo again.

In game. IN GAME! Of course -- duhhhhh. Haha. I don't know what *I* was thinking.

Yeah man. For the longest time, it was just "one afternoon" in my roleplay where everything was taking place....before I forwarded things. Amazing how time can pass outside of the game, how posts can(or cannot) accumulate......and yet. Realistically. What very little has actually 'happened' in the game.

Like technically. It's still supposed to be Summer, 2013 in mine!!! Hahha. gahhhhhh....

;)

LOL yeah. I want so bad to have an RP that lasts over a year, preferably several years. I want it to have enough story arcs to fill a stack of comics or multiple seasons of a show, lol.

I'm with you on there. Completely. Sometimes I feel like writing here, GM'ing my story here.....*ahem*...is MORE IMPORTANT than what I got going on in real life!!!

Hehe. I shouldn't say that. But....that's how much the art/story means to me!

I actually blame you, too. I wouldn't have signed up for this account, back in '13....if I didn't see your Young Justice thread. If I didn't see the super hero theme, I *NEVER* would have been drawn in...and the *GEEK* in me, would've.....been fine.......caged up, and all!

But noOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!

And now. Well now, it's almost a lifestyle and all. *grin*

I'll blame "Sean_Renaud" too. Because I like to pick on him, harmlessly of course. ;)

But yeah man. Get those troopers lined up. Time for people to heed that call! This hero stuff is for real, for real. No one has time for amateur hour around here.

Win big or go home.....or something.

Hehe.

Back