Just what is a pervert?

Maybe this has been said and I missed it, but I have to believe that perversion - and thus the pervert - is anything someone likes or enjoys that the observer deems wrong. Certainly, there are things deemed wrong by the vast majority of a given society, but perversion is/can be a personal determination.

to define perversion - you would first need to define what is normal - a monumental task in and of itself
Everyone will have a different standard. My division between sexual perversion and sexual deviancy is the issue of consent. Can all parties involved in a sexual act legally provide consent to the act? That being said, I have been known to sniff a seat and panties of hot women without their knowledge. Is that perverted or is that deviant? Grey areas. 😀

It seems that the word, has changed its useage over time. When I was younger a pervert was someone who you would avoid - someone who might be dangerous around children. Now - people are holding their hands up and saying hey look at Me I'm a pervert ha ha ha to show a lack of sexual repression.

The technical definition of perverted is to deviate form the norm, to be corrupted, or in a sexual term to have sexual preferences that are abnormal or unacceptable.

Since there is much less about sex that is considered abnormal or unacceptable, there are technically far fewer perverts around today than say twenty years ago - where you would be considered a pervert for indulging in some of the habits that are mainstream nowadays.

If anything that should make us want to be called a pervert less rather than using it as a badge of honor - because if you remain true to the original meaning of the word, to be a sexual pervert - you really have to be extreme in your appetites, and by that i'm talking underage, incest( true not fantasy), Non con(same), beastiality, or necrophilia. Those are the only sexual preferences I can think of off the top of my head that are considered abmormal and unacceptable today.
There are probably more.

Its interesting - that language seems to be going the same way as everything else these days. A word now means what you want it to mean at the time you say it.

That 's going to lead to some serious miscommunication .

i think pervert is a guy or girl secretly interested in performing or enjoying acts considered taboo by some others. ????
Like somebody who uses a feather during sex is kinky perverted is trying to use the whole chicken

To each their own. I don't see anything perverted about what I'm into, and it annoys the hell out of me that perversion is what some men want to turn it into. Maybe they're just not comfortable saying publicly or in a pm that is really what they want. Which wastes a fuck ton of time.

My late wife once called me a dirty old man and grinned. I grinned too and told her I was going to be a dirty old man till I'm a dead old man. We had a lot of fun with this.
Later she called me her slut, lovingly. I love being her slut.

To each their own. I don't see anything perverted about what I'm into, and it annoys the hell out of me that perversion is what some men want to turn it into. Maybe they're just not comfortable saying publicly or in a pm that is really what they want. Which wastes a fuck ton of time.
Have to say I'm guilty of this, until I know the Lady i'm afraid of saying the wrong thing. Was taught to respect women and always have, has it cost me some sex, I know it has, later conversations with the women who after they were married or involved but i'm old and will never change.

Last edited:
Have to say I guilty of this, until I know the Lady i'm afraid to say the wrong thing. Was taught to respect women and always have, has it cost me some sex, probably but i'm old and will never change.
I think it’s different for everyone, but I can very much see that being truly open about your kinks can require a good amount of trust and vulnerability. Everyone has to get there in the right way for them. It’s easy to say from the outside what others should do differently, but you never know where the other person is coming from.

I do think that with certain people, the right people, the chemistry is there and you feel something a bit different that makes it easier, or at least possible, to share more openly.

Everyone will have a different standard. My division between sexual perversion and sexual deviancy is the issue of consent. Can all parties involved in a sexual act legally provide consent to the act? That being said, I have been known to sniff a seat and panties of hot women without their knowledge. Is that perverted or is that deviant? Grey areas. 😀
Can all parties involved in a sexual act legally provide consent to the act? Quick answer to that is no they can't, when you get people in the BDSM lifestyle nailing each others bits to a piece of wood where do you stop, a court case tested that back in the 90's.
As for perversion if you asked a Nun and a prostitute what is perverted i'm sure you would get a different answer.

Back