Just for the fun of it...

No, never bothered entering. I don't even know how you enter. What does that have to do with having Scouries on ignore?

There is a forum thread that runs on whatever themed contest is current. Scouries shits all over this thread. So, you couldn't be in a contest and not encounter his posts--unless you put him on ignore.

Last edited:
There is a forum thread that runs on whatever themed contest is current. Scouries shits all over this thread. So, if couldn't be in a contest and not encounter his posts--unless you put him on ignore.

Ah I understand now

Ah I understand now

Entering the contest is easy. Write a story to the theme and enter as normal but there is a special phrase that goes in the notes section of the submission. It varies with each theme and can be found in Laurel's sticky at the top of the page for each contest.

Come join the fun. The next one should be the Valentines Day contest starting sometime toward the end of January.

After that, it won't take you long to figure out he is best served on ignore. :D

Entering the contest is easy. Write a story to the theme and enter as normal but there is a special phrase that goes in the notes section of the submission. It varies with each theme and can be found in Laurel's sticky at the top of the page for each contest.

Come join the fun. The next one should be the Valentines Day contest starting sometime toward the end of January.

After that, it won't take you long to figure out he is best served on ignore. :D

I'm just finishing off an 80,000 word behemoth at the moment, but when I'm done with that maybe I'll think about entering the next contest. Which forum does the tread get posted on? I've been to the Awards & Contests forum, but there never seems to be anything on it.

I'm just finishing off an 80,000 word behemoth at the moment, but when I'm done with that maybe I'll think about entering the next contest. Which forum does the tread get posted on? I've been to the Awards & Contests forum, but there never seems to be anything on it.

It'll be at the top of the AH. PennLady will also start a support thread for each contest here in the AH. Winter Holiday is just winding down.

And be aware that scouries tries to make people think he is running a contest. It is fake. His supposed association of readers is just him and he excludes whole categories not to mention anyone who says his contest are fake, his awards are fake, or his lists are fake. In his last fake contest, he won with a fake story. :D

The themed contest schedule is the last post on the sticky thread Welcome Authors! Please Read at the top of the first page of the Authors' Hangout.

There is usually a contest thread encouraging authors to write for the next contest and to discuss the contest currently running.

The next contest is likely to be Valentine's Day and entries would be likely to be accepted from mid January. That means you could start writing for that contest now.

Last edited:
I might give Valentines Day a miss. In three attempts I have yet to finish a story with a genuinely happy and romantic ending. I'm not sure it's really my style.

Maybe I'll have a bash at Earth Day :)

Back