Have Things Changed Here?

We have all of those here. The train Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of his train as well.
I just can't resist. They probably can so some repairs while operating a train - I think "operating" is the verb we use here - but scheduled maintenance and major repairs have to be done in a repair shop.

They also don't operate a train all the way from, say, Chicago to Los Angeles - but only to a "division point," maybe Kansas City? Then they come back the next day on the same route. It seems like a boring job perhaps because you are going over the same tracks over and over again. There is a safety reason for this, which I may get into if anyone here cares.

Subway and streetcar operators used to be called "motormen." Rather than having the awkward gender-neutral term "motor-person," they are now "train operators."

I remember when I first started publishing here (sometime in the mid-19th century), when one of my new stories got posted I would get a flood of emails and PMs with feedback (good and bad). Now...not so much. Maybe it's just me and I've lost my touch. An indication that it's time to hang up my spurs and pack away my dildos (just not all of them, of course)?

Just wondering if I'm the only one, or has anyone else found this sort of thing to be the case?

Hugz,
-Rachael
I was looking at my story list and, yes, it does seem like there has been a drop-off in votes and comments in the last couple of years. I can't think of a reason for that, but it isn't just you.

Back