Have Things Changed Here?

DirtyMindedMinx

Taboo Writer
I remember when I first started publishing here (sometime in the mid-19th century), when one of my new stories got posted I would get a flood of emails and PMs with feedback (good and bad). Now...not so much. Maybe it's just me and I've lost my touch. An indication that it's time to hang up my spurs and pack away my dildos (just not all of them, of course)?

Just wondering if I'm the only one, or has anyone else found this sort of thing to be the case?

Hugz,
-Rachael

I remember when I first started publishing here (sometime in the mid-19th century), when one of my new stories got posted I would get a flood of emails and PMs with feedback (good and bad). Now...not so much. Maybe it's just me and I've lost my touch. An indication that it's time to hang up my spurs and pack away my dildos (just not all of them, of course)?

Just wondering if I'm the only one, or has anyone else found this sort of thing to be the case?

Hugz,
-Rachael
Emails?
I think my good and bad feedback is either being transported by pigeon that's got distracted or I think peeps don't give feedback anymore!

I've been doing this for over 7 years and I've received millions of views of my stories, and I've never, ever received a "flood" of emails or PMs about my stories. I've received relatively few, and I can't say the rate has changed.

I have never had a lot of feedback here unless it's trolling on one of the cheating wife tales. Then I'm most unpopular and get vile comments about my personality, my parentage, or my personal morals.

Hugz,
-Rachael
How long have you been publishing here? Maybe the site was a novelty when new, but that was over two decades ago. I can remember when the Internet itself and all social media were novelties. Hell, I can remember when home computers were a novelty.

Do you also remember the steam locomotive, soda fountains, barbershop quartets, and straight-edge razors? Just how the fuck old are you? :nana::eek::p:kiss::rose:
How long have you been publishing here? Maybe the site was a novelty when new, but that was over two decades ago. I can remember when the Internet itself and all social media were novelties. Hell, I can remember when home computers were a novelty.

I get quite a bit of emails.
It's about a 50/50 split.
Some are nice, encouraging me to continue writing, telling me they like my stories, asking if there's going to be another part, etc.
Some wished me cancer, death and all kinds of horrible things.
I got a few death threats, which I turned over to Laurel.
I told those people that I'm happy to meet them face to face, if they had the stones for it.
Of course, it's never happened. LOL.

Hugz,
-Rachael
It likely has a lot to do with the categories.

You started out posting in Incest/Taboo, which is a category that can see more feedback than most others. Your later stories appear to be primarily in Novels/Novellas and Sci-Fi, and are not clearly discernible as being completed. That fact alone can lower feedback since readers frequently hold off on their feedback until the story is done.

Don't give up, and try to focus on the long-term success of your stories and the feedback will find it way to you.

I used to send some email on a good story I have read. but never heard back if they got it or what. Once about 5 or six years ago I did get a response on my commit.
so now I just do the ratting. I also only will give a good or great rating. I will not give a 1 or 2 stars.

I used to send some email on a good story I have read. but never heard back if they got it or what. Once about 5 or six years ago I did get a response on my commit.
so now I just do the ratting. I also only will give a good or great rating. I will not give a 1 or 2 stars.
If you ever read my stories, I answer every email.
Even the bad ones. LOL.
It's not always a "polite" response, depending on what they wrote, but I do answer when I get to it.

Do you also remember the steam locomotive, soda fountains, barbershop quartets, and straight-edge razors? Just how the fuck old are you? :nana::eek::p:kiss::rose:
I'm 68. Born three months before James Dean had his automotive mishap.

The last mainline steam locomotives in the United States were in 1959. I was four at the time, but I lived no where near the Norfolk and Western. Steam lasted in Britain until about 1970 and China until 2001. However, I have never been to either place. Thus I have only seen steam locomotives at museums and tourist lines. There are quite a few of those around.

Cool photo, but who would put a drive-in next to an active rail line?

https://archive.nytimes.com/lens.bl...11/16/when-steam-locomotion-ground-to-a-halt/

There are crazy - and hard-working - people who build new ones from scratch. There is an American group doing a similar project.

No flood in the seventeen years I've posted here in this and an earlier account.

Been around for a few years, and the feedback and comments I receive are fairly minimal...

Yeah. Same here. In 4 years and 51 stories I have received 2 e-mails and barely enough comments to count on my hands and feet. Very likely the result of posting in lesser-trafficked categories, and categories that tend not to draw much feedback.

YMMV, basically.

If you were last here before or in the early dawn of Favorites being introduced, then it's not surprising. Comments and emails steadily declined as people grew accustomed to favorites and adopted that as a preferred method of demonstrating approval.

There's an operating narrow gage steam engine pulled train in Colorado. Maybe more than one. I've ridden it a couple of times.

DurangoSilverton1.jpg

I'm 68. Born three months before James Dean had his automotive mishap.

The last mainline steam locomotives in the United States were in 1959. I was four at the time, but I lived no where near the Norfolk and Western. Steam lasted in Britain until about 1970 and China until 2001. However, I have never been to either place. Thus I have only seen steam locomotives at museums and tourist lines. There are quite a few of those around.

Cool photo, but who would put a drive-in next to an active rail line?

https://archive.nytimes.com/lens.bl...11/16/when-steam-locomotion-ground-to-a-halt/

There are crazy - and hard-working - people who build new ones from scratch. There is an American group doing a similar project.

Write yourself a good old fashioned Loving Wives tale, and just watch your comments section blow up 😆
I definitely plan on doing that at some stage...but it scares me...like a character in a horror movie going down into the basement as the audience yells, "Don't go down there, you idiot! That's where the monsters are!"

Back