Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2:42am right now and I'm WIDE awake. I have to be at work by 8am.

Now, you can do the math if you want but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one pissed off pharmacist all day tomorrow.

Thanks to icy road conditions, there's a one hour school delay!
Haha I'm going back to bed! :D

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had a patient who was in quite a lot of pain. I gave IV pain medicines, but they just weren't helping. The patient did get so sleepy that she forgot to breathe. Normally I can speak just enough Spanish to keep the patients alive and relatively pain-free. (Did I mention that I barely know enough Spanish to get by? lol)

So I'm trying to get her to breathe. Normally I'd yell RESPIRO! RESPIRO PROFUNDO! Apparently I've been spending too much time at Lit lately. I called on the spirit of one of the Litsters to help me. I yelled at the poor patient, "RESPEITO! RESPEITO PROFUNDO, dammit!"

The patient gave me a funny look and that was when I realized what I'd said. I used the correct terminology at that point and got her breathing again, but now I'll always wonder if respeito means something totally different in Spanish - something obscene perhaps. LOL

God, I hope it doesn't!

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had a patient who was in quite a lot of pain. I gave IV pain medicines, but they just weren't helping. The patient did get so sleepy that she forgot to breathe. Normally I can speak just enough Spanish to keep the patients alive and relatively pain-free. (Did I mention that I barely know enough Spanish to get by? lol)

So I'm trying to get her to breathe. Normally I'd yell RESPIRO! RESPIRO PROFUNDO! Apparently I've been spending too much time at Lit lately. I called on the spirit of one of the Litsters to help me. I yelled at the poor patient, "RESPEITO! RESPEITO PROFUNDO, dammit!"

The patient gave me a funny look and that was when I realized what I'd said. I used the correct terminology at that point and got her breathing again, but now I'll always wonder if respeito means something totally different in Spanish - something obscene perhaps. LOL

God, I hope it doesn't!
Well, according to google you told her to respect in Portugeuse. She probably thought you were going all thug on her ass.

....or you could come over and go ice skating in my front yard.

I love to ice skate. :)

I wouldn't care about the rain except that it is forcing more water and sludge up through the french drain in our townhouse's basement that my landlord is refusing to deal with. Perhaps I should contract with your cousins and Mad Freddy.

I love to ice skate. :)

I wouldn't care about the rain except that it is forcing more water and sludge up through the french drain in our townhouse's basement that my landlord is refusing to deal with. Perhaps I should contract with your cousins and Mad Freddy.

Your landlord sounds like a jerk!
I'm sure my cousins would be happy to help you out.
Mad Freddy would probably help, too.

Mad Freddy...I just love the name!!

I secretly wish I could say his name 3 times and he'd magically appear to help solve any difficult situations.

Mad Freddy, Mad Freddy, Mad Freddy!!
Dammit, didnt work! :(

MK, love the new avatar! :D

Thanks, I'm totally going to order that dress! Someone suggested it be our new work uniform!

That dress reminds me of a calender a friend got for me a couple years ago. My friend is in the business of procurement / purchasing medical equipment. Some supplier he deals with came out with this calender - X-Ray images of woman in provocative poses, complete with high heel shoes.
He thought the calendar would be right up my alley.

Eizo-Pin-up-Calendar-2010-4-550x386.jpg

Eizo-Pin-up-Calendar-2010-11.jpg

Eizo-Pin-up-Calendar-2010-9.jpg

Mrs. E referred to it as my "Haunted Hooker" calendar. It hung in my office and received a great deal of comments from clients and staff alike.

Mrs. E referred to it as my "Haunted Hooker" calendar. It hung in my office and received a great deal of comments from clients and staff alike.

I saw those when they came out a year or two ago. They are interesting, yet very creepy!

Hahaha I used to have one of those pics in my profile.

Creepy? Maybe, but mostly cool! :)

Last time I looked, which is all the time, boobs are on the outside, and I absolutely do appreciate their beauty! :D

An Isolated Blurt

my my - razor blades vs hugs - battle of the titans or something :eek: :)

Her wide-eyed stare beckons me.... her 32-tooth smile invites mischievously.
The fullness of her ribcage, the soft curvature of spine, the barely noticeable nuances of her clavicle as she leans towards the lead apron. :heart: :heart: :heart:

:D

Oooh, I knew liked you, Emerson! :)

Her wide-eyed stare beckons me.... her 32-tooth smile invites mischievously.
The fullness of her ribcage, the soft curvature of spine, the barely noticeable nuances of her clavicle as she leans towards the lead apron. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yet for all of that, she was transparent, two-dimensional...I could see right through her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back