Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scalywag said:
Oh, it's definitely in my swing. has been for years. I hit irons very straight and almost always get under it. woods or driver, forget it. my shots look like missiles that imediately lock in on tree trunks and rocks off the fairway.

i like the way irons are weighted, while i don't like the way woods are weighted....they always feel off balance to me. maybe if i had some woods that were custom fitted for me. (but how much is that going to cost me?)

Talking about a golf swing makes me think about the time I swung through and wrapped my club around a tree trunk. Holding my club by the handle, I would say it was 4 o'clock on the dot.

Scalywag said:
I remember when I was a kid, my mother came home with 2 wood shaft irons that she bought at a yard sale. 2 older kids that lived down the street were over. One of them swung the club, and his brother was standing behind him. got the head of the club in the side of the mouth. I can still picture all the blood.
One of my best friends has a lovely scar underneath one of her eyes because she got behind her dad when he was hitting golf balls in the yard.

Scalywag said:
I have no idea why I'm still up. my son got home an hour ago, I have a real busy day planned for tommorrow.

must be the company!

'night folks

g'night Scaly

VermilionSkye said:
it was ok. bed soon
moscato is making me feel pretty good.

doing ok? :rose:
Mmmmm muscat *drool*
doing ok except for my dialup going out for a few hrs *looks over shoulder*we have visitors, grrr I don't want to be sociable here.
Sleep well hon. :rose:

Eilan said:
One of my best friends has a lovely scar underneath one of her eyes because she got behind her dad when he was hitting golf balls in the yard.
I have one in my head, courtesy of my son, from when I was showing him how to swing a golf club. Eight stitches, IIRC.

in the next few days, the yankees will be taking over first place in the AL east.

Got bored while lit was down, so I did this.
All usernames, no spaces and some numbers.
HT Cross
Note, use the ENTER key on your keyboard not the OK key onscreen

Last edited:
which of the various "stupid" genes makes people put their trash out on trash day and then leave the cans by the road until the day before the next trash day only to take them away and not fill them until the trash day after that.

Hmm I have a sneaky suspicion I missed out on some drama next door, either that or I was sucked into a lit timewarp, things aren't where they were when I left.

Scalywag said:
bwahahahahahah :D
i don't know if you noticed it or not but the yankees actually DID take over first place as i predicted. of course, your guys are two more games into your season than we are. and, yes, last night's game was fantastic... right up 'til the 8th inning... fuckers.

EJFan said:
i don't know if you noticed it or not but the yankees actually DID take over first place as i predicted. of course, your guys are two more games into your season than we are. and, yes, last night's game was fantastic... right up 'til the 8th inning... fuckers.
That's Sir Fuckers to you, infidel. ;)

Scalywag said:
They weren't in first place in my newspaper. Please explain yourself (we need to know you're not delerious)
i can't... this is what my neighbor told me was in her paper. maybe they were tied. :confused:

Scalywag said:
is this the neighbor with the coveted ass? no wonder you believed her :p
good jesus no. this is a little old lady who lives 'round the corner.

Scalywag said:
ok, well I guess I have to tell you....because I just happen to know stupid shit like this.

Newspapers usually list the standings showing team in first place with the other teams in division being XX games behind. In the case of the Red Sox and Yankees, going into last night's game Sox were 14-11 and the Yankees were 13-10. They were shown in the newspaper as tied, with neither team being XX games behind or ahead.

However, if you're a baseball nut like me, you'd do the math to find out that the Sox had a winning percentage of .560 while the Yankees had a winning percentage of .565, therefore the Yankees were mathematically in first place....though because Yankees Still Suck they couldn't hold onto the lead.

And this is a two games series too. So depending on which team wins tonight, either the Sox will have a commanding lead, or Yankees will have less than a .005 percentage point lead.
mmmmmmmmmk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back