Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluesboy2 said:
bananahuge3rd119202oj.gif
It's not all about size you know.

Eilan I know youse guys will appreciate this--

We ended up buying a used piano because it was bigger than (and the same price as) the new one I liked. My husband told the salesman I was a size queen, but he either didn't get it or chose to ignore it.

It'll be delivered on Friday. Weather permitting, I suppose. I'll post pics

Apparently it is, please carry on. :nana:

My Blurt is that even after 30 years... Disco STILL Sucks! :rolleyes:

silverwhisper said:
you're getting a piano? is it for you, hubby, the kids?
Yes, I'm getting a piano (6'1" grand). It's mostly for me, but my two oldest daughters will be learning to play as well. :)

* Next time you say (whine) "I miss you, I didn't know what was happening," remember I did share things and you have been silent -- so eat the bun! Leave the ego at the door, thankyouverymuch.

* Idiots - what purpose do the serve?

* It is flipping cold!

Cathleen said:
* Next time you say (whine) "I miss you, I didn't know what was happening," remember I did share things and you have been silent -- so eat the bun! Leave the ego at the door, thankyouverymuch.

* Idiots - what purpose do the serve?

* It is flipping cold!

[swats you with a Nerf bat] Kwitcherbitchin! :D

silverwhisper said:
eilan: i wasn't aware you played. what degree of proficiency do you possess?
I started taking lessons just before I turned seven, and continued with them for the next seven years, until I got more interested in extracurricular activities at school.

I was, at one time, really, really good, though not to the point when I could have had a career as a concert pianist or anything like that. Unfortunately, I couldn't take my piano with me when my ex and I married in 1994, so I haven't played regularly since then and my fingers don't always want to cooperate. I'm hoping that regaining my piano proficiency is like riding a bike. :)

Two more days! :D

that's awesome! you gonna start reeling off scales and arpeggios up and down the keyboard? :>

silverwhisper said:
that's awesome! you gonna start reeling off scales and arpeggios up and down the keyboard? :>
As out of practice as I am, I might have to start off with the two-fingered typist approach and work my way up to that! :D

Eilan said:
As out of practice as I am, I might have to start off with the two-fingered typist approach and work my way up to that! :D
are we still talking about playing the piano here? :eek: ;)

Eilan said:
I started taking lessons just before I turned seven, and continued with them for the next seven years, until I got more interested in extracurricular activities at school.

I was, at one time, really, really good, though not to the point when I could have had a career as a concert pianist or anything like that. Unfortunately, I couldn't take my piano with me when my ex and I married in 1994, so I haven't played regularly since then and my fingers don't always want to cooperate. I'm hoping that regaining my piano proficiency is like riding a bike. :)

Two more days! :D

That's awesome! Can I come over and listen to you play?

bobsgirl said:
Can I come over and listen to you play?
i'll do ya one better... play your cards right and you can come to my place and watch me play. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back