Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a real CUNT, do you know that? A real fucking CUNT. How can you be so shitty to people? How can you fucking stand yourself?
Sandy Sandstone

And I, Connie, also love you more than anything I could ever imagine: more than my hair color, more than the sound of babies crying, of dogs dying - even more than the thought of original sin itself.
Raymond Marble

Cowboy:
Now, you will see me one more time if you do good. You'll see me two more times if you do bad. Goodnight.

Bondar: No hay banda! There is no band. Il n'est pas de orquestra! This is all a tape-recording. No hay banda! And yet, we hear a band. If we want to hear a clarinette, listen. … It's all a tape. It is an illusion.

Cowboy: Now... did you answer cause you thought that's what I wanted to hear, or did you think about what I said and answer cause you truly believe that to be right?

Things I wish I had known...

Today both my Volvos went for their annual roadworthiness checks. The system changed to become tougher a couple of weeks ago.

There were two consecutive slots at the testing station today so my mechanic booked both cars in even though their current certificates don't expire for a week.

They both failed!

BUT - and this is what he and I didn't know - unlike under the previous system where I could have used the cars until the final date of last year's certificate NOW a failure means the car cannot be used on the road until the repairs are done. The ban is immediate and electronically activated so that all ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras will log a moving vehicle as not having a current test certificate.

If I use the car and pass an ANPR camera I could be fined two thousand five hundred pounds and get six penalty points on my driving licence. Twelve points mean a year's ban from driving.

If we had put ONE car into the test and it failed I could have used the other for the remaining week of its certificate while the first car was being fixed. But because we put both cars in and both failed I cannot use either car until one at least is repaired and retested after the repair.

Neither car will be expensive to fix but this weekend I'll have to walk.

The worst thing? Between the first car leaving my house and arriving half a mile away at the test station a brake light bulb had failed. That is NOW considered a 'major' fault that means the car can't be used. OK - there was another 'major' fault that has to be fixed but the brake light bulb was just irritating.

Now we know and we won't do it again. Next year we'll have the cars tested with several days between tests.

The new "security" thing is causing me grief; I cannot read the letters (too gray, too small).
Anyone got an idea please ?

The new "security" thing is causing me grief; I cannot read the letters (too gray, too small).
Anyone got an idea please ?
Increase your font size or screen magnification. My retinal damage forces me to bump the system to 18 point and a 150% screen factor. Pages take longer to build but they're readable.

Statistically speaking, there is a 65 percent chance that the love of your life is having an affair. Be very suspicious.
Scott Dikkers

Laine slowly rolled out of bed. The queen size was one of the few new things in the house. But now, even the new bed felt tainted. It was an inner-spring monument to lies, a petri dish of mendacity she had shared with her faithless husband, and shared now with creeping dreams that flew from the light but left harsh scratches and diseased black feathers. Laine promised herself that, as soon as, she could, she would rid herself of this house, this bed, her clothes, her jewelry - everything but the flesh she lived in. She would scrub herself clean and flee to start a new life whose first and only commandment would be: Never let thyself be lied to again.
Stephen M. Irwin

It wasn’t an unhappy marriage? Could a marriage be happy, standing on a shaky ground of adultery and a disregard for the wife’s feelings? He didn’t say anything; he listened to her quietly.
Neena H. Brar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back