Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Women of dignity know when to stop expecting loyalty when he won't even give you honesty.
Shannon L. Alder

When two people can't live up to each other's expectations, they'll look for their fantasized satisfaction in the next relationship, the next experience, the next excitement.
John F. MacArthur Jr.

All the world is in tune
On a spring afternoon
When we're poisoning pigeons in the park
--T.Lehrer

Someone proposed to his woman at the gym the other day. They weren't even members yet. They were being shown around by one of the sales people. Who does that? "I want to be a member here. Oh, what a perfect time to propose!"

Fucking weird...

Someone proposed to his woman at the gym the other day. They weren't even members yet. They were being shown around by one of the sales people. Who does that? "I want to be a member here. Oh, what a perfect time to propose!"

Fucking weird...
Almost as romantic: After a good bedtime fuck, one rolls over and asks the other, "Hey, wanna get married one of these days?" The other says 'sure', then lies awake wondering what they've committed to.

True story.

After post #4594 above about my cars we've had more problems.

All the grandchildren visited this weekend. The showers were heavily used. Last night my wife was washing her hair and the shower stopped working.

An irritation but she thought she could use the shower in the other bathroom. That wouldn't work either. Eventually she had to rinse her hair with a jug over the kitchen sink - the only cold water tap that was working.

I climbed into the loft and found that one of the three header tanks was empty and the ball-cock wasn't delivering any water.

I traced the piping back. Water was flowing except for the last two feet of pipe. I beat it up with a heavy wrench and restored a trickle feed. It still didn't provide enough water pressure to run the showers.

This morning I called out a plumber. He found that the first shower was faulty but there wasn't enough water pressure even if it had been fully operational. The second shower had shut itself off because of low water pressure.

The main problem is debris in the header tank, perhaps from the water company replacing old mains pipework around the town. Some of that debris had flowed from the tank to the showers and blocked the valves.

One shower unit will need replacing. The tank and pipework will have to be drained and flushed. If that doesn't cure the second shower - that will need replacing too.

But I got one car back roadworthy this morning. The other one has gone for the parts to be ordered.

Now I wait for the invoices...:(

Our plumbing is 15 years old and we were gone most of the first half of that so it's pretty cherry. A little drain-cleaning chemicals poured in and were's ready to go. What we can't control of the water supply are bears falling into the mountain aqueducts and drowning. Spoils the day.

Our plumbing is 15 years old and we were gone most of the first half of that so it's pretty cherry. A little drain-cleaning chemicals poured in and were's ready to go. What we can't control of the water supply are bears falling into the mountain aqueducts and drowning. Spoils the day.

I highly recommend investing in a bear trap.

I know what you mean. My shed needs doing, too.

Welcome to the club.:D

You can have whatever paint is left over. Currently, I have about 20 gallons. 3 different colors. 2 gallons of kilz as well

Stuff is very expensive, but if you're going to do it right........:(

Interesting thread on the GB this morning on one of the AH's most prolific darlings. Pretty funny read at times. Looks like somebody pissed in someone's Cheerios this morning.

Last edited:
Lmao, actually two threads dedicated to him. Prolific, racist and gay. Racist gays? Always thought gays were open minded.
Well, in the words of Childish Gambino 'This is America'.

"What do you mean, you cannot find any blood?"
(The nurse is having trouble taking a blood sample. . . .)

On unemployment, I will actually make almost the same money as when I worked, by not spending $100 a week on gas. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back