Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo, now part of Oath, is enough to make me swear.

Its new personalised privacy controls which are required because of legislation coming into effect in the next few days...

Are complex, almost incomprehensible, full of links to other complex and almost incomprehensible information and don't make it easy to say 'No. I don't want personalised tracking and advertisement choices based on what oggbashan does on line'.

There are dozens of 'associates' of Oath who are tracking what I do as oggbashan. Telling them to stop tracking isn't easy. For example, wherever I have accessed Yahoo Mail as oggbashan is shown as a 'preferred location' even though I haven't accessed from that location for over a year.

My banks, credit cards, and even suppliers I have ordered from sometime in the past are nearly as bad. Just because I bought an item years ago does not mean I want the supplier tracking ALL my purchases from whoever.

Cookies? You're all deleted - again!

Thanks all. Being in health care, I can find a job quickly and I got severance, but I really liked that job. Oh well. Just shows you can never get too secure.

Leaving the off grid life behind.....
A little sad, going to miss my cabin in the woods.
Of course I'm leaving now the nice weather has arrived.:rolleyes:
No more snowshoe hares, bears, coyotes, wolves, bald eagles and I'm leaving the wildest of the wild behind, my boy.
He's settled in, is buying a farm, has chickens, a vicious dog only he can handle, gave it love, good food and a warm place to sleep, (everything a creature needs to be happy), a 17 year old cat and his Anishinaabe roommate (she's so calm and adorable). I think he'll be fine.
Time for me to lead my life.
Off to the city with my best friend and partner. I am blessed, I know this but I much prefer the company of wolves and bears to humans. Am I misanthropic? Of course. Better learn how to play well with others.....

Best wishes for your new life in the urban wilds. And I'm sure you'll find people who play like wolves and bears.

I miss my Anishinaabe students and the moose tongue with fry bread they always shared with me in the Fall.

giphy.gif

They will be along any moment now. Some are still in bed. :cool:

Best wishes for your new life in the urban wilds. And I'm sure you'll find people who play like wolves and bears.

I miss my Anishinaabe students and the moose tongue with fry bread they always shared with me in the Fall.

Thank you. :) If I can't find wolves and bears in the city there's always sharks on the GB....;)

So I got distracted w/job woes, insurance companies, some stupid doc other docs hate, and other important stuff. Writing a book about that too.:cool:

Can I do it?

Today I submitted one of my older stories Golf Widower translated into French.

I'm not convinced that it is good French. Google translate did most of the work. I read it through several times but the word order seems wrong in a couple of places. I'll see what the French forum thinks of it.

But I have decided I will try to write a new story in French, starting and finishing only in French, NOT a translation.

It's a tall order. I haven't written a story in French for 55 years.

Yahoo, now part of Oath, is enough to make me swear.

Its new personalised privacy controls which are required because of legislation coming into effect in the next few days...

Are complex, almost incomprehensible, full of links to other complex and almost incomprehensible information and don't make it easy to say 'No. I don't want personalised tracking and advertisement choices based on what oggbashan does on line'.

There are dozens of 'associates' of Oath who are tracking what I do as oggbashan. Telling them to stop tracking isn't easy. For example, wherever I have accessed Yahoo Mail as oggbashan is shown as a 'preferred location' even though I haven't accessed from that location for over a year.

My banks, credit cards, and even suppliers I have ordered from sometime in the past are nearly as bad. Just because I bought an item years ago does not mean I want the supplier tracking ALL my purchases from whoever.

Cookies? You're all deleted - again!

I'm sure that US version is much worse.*nods*

The US version is always worse these days :(
A James Thurber anecdote: A fan gushed over Thurber's writing, especially a piece translated into French. Thurber replied, "Yes, my work suffers in the original."

We only have Google Translate right now. Wait till an editing AI is installed to brighten-up the translations. Will you cry if the product beats your original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back