Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in a personal god who cares about me and worries and oversees everything I do. I believe in an impersonal god who set the universe in motion and went off to hang with her girlfriends and doesn't even know that I'm alive. I believe in an empty and godless universe of causal chaos, background noise, and sheer blind luck.

I believe that anyone who says sex is overrated just hasn't done it properly. I believe that anyone who claims to know what's going on will lie about the little things too.

I believe in absolute honesty and sensible social lies. I believe in a woman's right to choose, a baby's right to live, that while all human life is sacred there's nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system.

I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it.
Neil Gaiman

That's teh state below GA. I thinked GA's motto is a "a day without rain would be a F-ing miracle".

North GA gets a lot of rain - especially NW Ga. It never ceases to amaze me there's always a water shortage and going into a drought stage after 3 or 4 days w/out rain. And Ga gets water from other states - mainly Ala.

I been saying for over 20 years Ga needs to build some type of water reservoirs and systran systems much like desert states do. But if it's brought up to anyone in the political arena it's like "Whut da hell is that? We don't do nuttin' like that. It's GA for God's sake you idjut! Whut kind of schoolin' you had boy?".:D

This 1st official day back in the workforce has been a doosie! Hired before orientation, then straight to the duties!

At least this one has free wi-fi and the job woes can be time managed to commit to writing. At least until something better comes along - which is in the works as I keep passing those ridiculous tests.

I even read and agreed to the contract.:devil:

How is it that everyone on this train has so much alcohol?"
"We always head to Canada at the beginning of the season," she says taking her seat again. "Their laws are much more civilized. Cheers.
Sara Gruen

When I was a teenager I moved to the big city. I didn't really know anyone so I was glad when a friend from back home contacted me.
What was to follow was a year spent in the company of someone who made me laugh and with whom I could sit comfortably in contemplative silence.
One incident comes readily to mind. I broke a bottle of vividly dyed fruit drink. The neon coloured liquid looked radioactive. We both noticed it's appearance and simultaneously reached into our jacket pockets and pulled out radioactive tape. Who does that? Who keeps cautionary radioactive tape on them? Apparently we did. Giggling we set up a barrier around the broken bottle, the bright yellow tape with the radiation symbols warning others of the danger of broken glass and artificially dyed beverages. Pleased by a job well done we retired to our favourite hang out, a metal ledge perched precariously in front of a billboard beside a busy road and sparked a fatty. Where better to hide than in plain sight?
I moved from the big city leaving behind my friend.
20 years later I moved back home. It was a long shot but I looked up my big city friend. Surprisingly he had moved back several years before me. We arranged to meet for drinks.
It was like no time had passed and we fell easily into our comfortable relationship.
He was the only man who could make me laugh, even in the face of diversity.
I had spent the many intervening years in a violent, drug addicted lifestyle. Time had been kind and I had no wrinkles to speak of.
3 years later I am proud of my wrinkles. They are laugh lines. He tells me I am more beautiful with them because they are proof of our happiness together.
I suppose the moral of the story, if moral it can be called, is when chancing upon someone else who casually carries 'caution radioactive material' tape with little radiation symbols on it in their coat pocket grab them, hold them close and never let them go.

You must have had an interesting job.
Who on Earth has a length of "RadioActive" tape in their pocket ?

Then there's "the face of diversity".

I almost envy you a Good Friend like that.

3 years later I am proud of my wrinkles. They are laugh lines. He tells me I am more beautiful with them because they are proof of our happiness together.

The overriding theme in all my writing is that we are the product of our life experiences, for good or ill. Thank you for sharing your story. I promise not to steal it.;)

Tom Wolfe

The Right Stuff is an absolute classic. More than any other work, it brought home the notion that these guys were a "different breed of cat." This was American exceptionalism at its finest.

"Shut up and die like an aviator."

Radical Chic will forever define the nearly incredible but inherent gullibility and credulity of Upper East Side liberals who were and are completely and utterly divorced from reality. Leonard Bernstein and his present day ilk were and are demonstrably clueless of how the world works.

The reason a writer writes a book is to forget a book and the reason a reader reads one is to remember it.
Tom Wolfe

A glorious place, a glorious age, I tell you! A very Neon renaissance - And the myths that actually touched you at that time - not Hercules, Orpheus, Ulysses and Aeneas - but Superman, Captain Marvel, and Batman.
Tom Wolfe

I suppose the moral of the story, if moral it can be called, is when chancing upon someone else who casually carries 'caution radioactive material' tape with little radiation symbols on it in their coat pocket grab them, hold them close and never let them go.

Beautiful. :rose:

You must have had an interesting job.
Who on Earth has a length of "RadioActive" tape in their pocket ?

Then there's "the face of diversity".

I almost envy you a Good Friend like that.

The overriding theme in all my writing is that we are the product of our life experiences, for good or ill. Thank you for sharing your story. I promise not to steal it.;)

Beautiful. :rose:

Ty, it's how I met HL, he was in love with me back then and still had a place in his heart for me after all those years. My non erotic stories are all based on true events. That's why I love the Tom Wolfe quote about plausibility in fiction.
Truthfully I can't hold a candle to some of the writers on here but my being a talentless hack doesn't decrease my love of writing or the written word.

Maybe moving that tree wasn't such bright idea.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back