If Republicans want to promote unity, they should join Democrats in impeaching Trump

Stephen_Coyle

Really Experienced

If Republicans want to promote unity, they should join Democrats in impeaching Trump

It’s an open and shut case. The president incited a violent insurrection against another branch of the U.S. government. He needs to leave office immediately — either via resignation, the 25th Amendment or impeachment. His most egregious enablers — such as Sens. Josh Hawley (R.-Mo.) and Ted Cruz (R.-Tex.) — should be either censured or expelled for violating their oaths to protect and defend the Constitution.

But while Democrats are moving forward with impeachment, Republicans are rushing forward with a litany of lame excuses. “Impeaching the President … will only divide our country more,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R.-Calif.) after having attempted to throw out the votes of Biden supporters. “We must work together to lower the temperature and unite the country.” Republicans seem less exercised about Trump instigating an insurrection than they are about social media companies preventing Trump from provoking more violence and sedition.

So let me get this straight. Republicans spent the whole campaign predicting that a Democratic victory would, as Trump said, “destroy our country as we know it.” And then they spent the past two months arguing that Joe Biden’s victory was tainted by fraud. Even after the riot, 139 House Republicans and eight Senate Republicans still voted not to certify the election results in at least one state.

And now they want unity? Now they want to put divisiveness behind us? This isn’t an attempt to heal the country; it’s an attempt to avoid accountability for those who attacked it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-they-should-join-democrats-impeaching-trump/

I’m sick of being told that I need to cater to the delicate feelings of Trump’s snowflake supporters. They don’t need to be understood; they need to be deprogrammed.

I don’t want to feel the pain of Trump fans. I want them to feel the pain of the family of Capitol Police officer Brian D. Sicknick, who died from injuries suffered during the attack by Trump’s rioters. I want them to feel the pain of all those families who have lost loved ones to covid-19. I want them to feel the pain of the immigrant families whose parents and children were separated on Trump’s orders.

Trump supporters are not being victimized by liberal elites. They are victims of their own worthless leaders. Trump, Hawley, Cruz: They are all unprincipled self-promoters who have been fundraising on the false promise of uncovering nonexistent election fraud.

“The best way we could show respect for the voters who were upset is by telling them the truth,” said Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) in a Senate speech for the ages. “That’s the burden. That’s the duty of leadership.”

Republican grandees failed to exercise leadership before Jan. 6, and they are failing still. If they want to heal our divisions, they should come together with Democrats to expel Trump and prevent him from running for office again. If they fail to do that, they are the ones promoting disunity — and subverting our democracy.

I’m sick of being told that I need to cater to the delicate feelings of Trump’s snowflake supporters. They don’t need to be understood; they need to be deprogrammed.

"Deprogram" these nuts you commie shit stain!!

tumblr_mivz3fQLzG1r9gjiuo1_400.gif

The GOP base is made up of Americans. Americans, for the most part, are good people who want to do the right thing, and expect their leaders to do the right thing.

Trump is not and has not. And all we are saying is, the right thing to do is to hold politicians accountable for their misdeeds and for their falsehoods. Not deify them and give them a free pass.

Whether you believe it or not, staging an insurrection against the democratically elected American government was neither a good thing nor a right thing. And those who were involved need to be held accountable. If you were in support of this rebellion, then you need to be held accountable too.

One thing to remember about the civil war, Botany boy, is YOUR SIDE LOST. And the right, good and true side prevailed, and they will again.

Keith never said that, Captain Ascription. Why do you lie so much?

He did....that would be the only reason it's in (R)'s best interest to cuck out to (D)'s....is because they think (D)'s are their voter base. LOL

It's not ascription anymore than calling the Abolish ICE/CBP nutters open borders idiots.

Last edited:
He did....that would be the only reason it's in (R)'s best interest to cuck out to (D)'s....is because they think (D)'s are their voter base. LOL

It's not ascription anymore than calling the Abolish ICE/CBP nutters open borders idiots.

LOL... Link directly to where he said that, liar. You really need to quit hitting the pipe.

Maybe the pipe is hitting you.

KeithD thinks Democrats make up the GOP voter base....LOL

The level or retardation here is epic!! :D

No. I think Republicans need to get rid of Trump to be able to compete again as a party. I support a strong two-party system. I think in their own interest they need to dump Trumpism and put folks like you back under their rocks.

No I didn't. Why do you Trumpettes feel compelled to blatantly lie about simply everything?

If you want to be unified with a rat...

If the most lofty goal one can think of is being "unified" regardless of what one is being unified with then perhaps an anal head extraction is in order.

If you want to be unified with a rat I suppose you could let the rat eat your face.

Be careful about what you become "one" with... you might wake up and discover that you are now disgusting.

No. I think Republicans need to get rid of Trump to be able to compete again as a party.

LOL...spoken like a true Democrat.

I support a strong two-party system.

Me too!! Hey we agree on something.

I think in their own interest they need to dump Trumpism and put folks like you back under their rocks.

LOL....they can't for the same reason the (D)'s can't put the AOC/Bernie Bros under theirs.

They NEED our money and votes, if they piss us off we'll fucking fire them.

No I didn't. Why do you Trumpettes feel compelled to blatantly lie about simply everything?

It's not a lie and yea you did.

The ONLY reason for an (R) to support impeaching Trump is because they think Democrats are going to re-elect them if they do.

Last edited:

I don’t want to feel the pain of Trump fans. I want them to feel the pain of the family of Capitol Police officer Brian D. Sicknick, who died from injuries suffered during the attack by Trump’s rioters. I want them to feel the pain of all those families who have lost loved ones to covid-19. I want them to feel the pain of the immigrant families whose parents and children were separated on Trump’s orders.

Trump supporters are not being victimized by liberal elites. They are victims of their own worthless leaders. Trump, Hawley, Cruz: They are all unprincipled self-promoters who have been fundraising on the false promise of uncovering nonexistent election fraud.

“The best way we could show respect for the voters who were upset is by telling them the truth,” said Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) in a Senate speech for the ages. “That’s the burden. That’s the duty of leadership.”

Republican grandees failed to exercise leadership before Jan. 6, and they are failing still. If they want to heal our divisions, they should come together with Democrats to expel Trump and prevent him from running for office again. If they fail to do that, they are the ones promoting disunity — and subverting our democracy.

Absolutely correct...100%

Today's democratic party leadership is a collective of the galactically stupid, abhorrently corrupt and borderline stalinism. YAH! That's the crowd we want to hang with? :eek::caning:

After four years of obstructing everything not trump approved they NOW want UNITY. LMFAO.

After four years of obstructing everything not trump approved they NOW want UNITY. LMFAO.

No...it's your dear leader Biden who called for unity....by which he and every other (D) means "shut the fuck up and do what you're told", and everyone not (D) knows that.

:D
I think the vast majority of (R)'s are NOT anymore interested in unity than the (D)'s.

OLB0WdQ.gif

No...it's your dear leader Biden who called for unity....by which he and every other (D) means "shut the fuck up and do what you're told", and everyone not (D) knows that.

:D
I think the vast majority of (R)'s are NOT anymore interested in unity than the (D)'s.

OLB0WdQ.gif

I know I am not interested in unity. Fuck you clowns.

I know I am not interested in unity. Fuck you clowns.

The feelings for you liberty loathing progressives is mutual.

I'd like nothing more than for you guys to break off, and go have your communist shit hole.....California is 90% the way there already.

Let us liberty minded folks get back to making money. :D

We can have an amicable divorce right???

The USA gets to keep being the gun toting, bible thumping "freeDUMB" capitalist hellscape it was intended to be.

And you progressives can create "The Unified Peoples Republic of America" where a simple majority democracy rules with totally unrestricted authority and control.

Last edited:
Back