How worried were you during the great Literotica outage of 2024/02/26

No, that's not what it means at all. It can be used for that but it means:

The PAGE is unreachable, there were numerous pages on this site that were reachable last night, Lit store was open, the Lit book was for sale, you could even see a list of the new stories that came out, but due to access problems many PAGES were unreachable while the SITE was still up
Does this always mean page not found also?
1709085355268.png

Not sure what message other people got but mines was " not able to fetch " or something like that so ofc I Googled it and it said something about the connection??

I wasn't toi worried about it but wasn't sure if it was everyone or just me?? I don't know anyone outside of the LIT DMs so I'm not able to ask but if I was booted out forever then it was meant to be.

Not like I'd be less of a pervert not getting on the forum and it's not like there's a bunch of guys I'm meeting from here anyways so I wasn't too too upset.

Honestly, I was more worried by the lack of transparency lately. Between having stories falsely rejected for being AI written for me and dozens of other authors and the admins not so much as acknowledging it, my first worry was they'd banned me without any notice or something.

Honestly, I was more worried by the lack of transparency lately. Between having stories falsely rejected for being AI written for me and dozens of other authors and the admins not so much as acknowledging it, my first worry was they'd banned me without any notice or something.
That's your paranoia, nothing to do with transparency.

The site did some maintenance, just as it has done before. That affects us all. Why are so many people thinking it was only all about them? That's bizarre.

I attempted about a dozen password resets… which did nothing but further frustrated me. Then panicked a bit more when I remembered I’d failed to exchange email addresses with someone I had committed to contact later in the week.

That's your paranoia, nothing to do with transparency.

The site did some maintenance, just as it has done before. That affects us all. Why are so many people thinking it was only all about them? That's bizarre.
The error I got was more like a purposeful message (see screen shot up thread), not an automatic failure symptom. It was the "failed to fetch" message that some other people got, nicely placed under the user id and password fields. Googling made me think that our local service provider had moved into the world of censorship.

The error I got was more like a purposeful message (see screen shot up thread), not an automatic failure symptom. It was the "failed to fetch" message that some other people got, nicely placed under the user id and password fields. Googling made me think that our local service provider had moved into the world of censorship.
Yes, I too got Failed to Fetch, but since I've seen that before on this site, and I could the whole Lit site structure like a hierarchy: yep, maintenance.

Consider the experience as a Guide's badge, but not the second coming. I can't believe the levels of excitement over site maintenance.

As glitches go, it was a fairly wide-sweeping one. When I tried to re-log-in, I got the same message as you.
When the site goes down for maintenance, one or two hours is fairly typical. I don't know how long it was this time, because I went off and did something else. It wasn't the longest outage I've seen, though. I vaguely recall one event was nearly half a day (some time ago - maybe the last major forum upgrade).

People are taking what I think was meant to be a light hearted post way too seriously.

Another forum I visit has crashed and been down since October. The IT crowd keeps promising it'll be up soon. 🙄

People are taking what I think was meant to be a light hearted post way too seriously.
I'm just perplexed that no-one appears to have noticed maintenance down time before. The default reaction seems to have been, "Oh my God, I thought I'd been banned!"

I'm just perplexed that no-one appears to have noticed maintenance down time before. The default reaction seems to have been, "Oh my God, I thought I'd been banned!"
Most sites will announce maintenance windows. This happened in the middle of the day, and for me at least, I could only get to the main page and an old landing page. I never got any login prompts because I never log out.

The default reaction seems to have been, "Oh my God, I thought I'd been banned!"

That, to me, was a natural reaction. The site worked fine if you cleared cookies and didn't log back in. The problem came with logging-in or having preexisting cookies.

People, generally, tend to overlook Occam's Razor.

Most sites will announce maintenance windows.

'Cept for update items that are supposed to be transparent, and go into effect on the next user call into that module. Apparently Manu was surprised.

Did anyone else notice that the site had gone down yesterday? It was out for hours and only came back up this morning.

Back