How worried were you during the great Literotica outage of 2024/02/26

Disregard the discord. Reddit has a Lit thing that keeps people in the loop. Or the clouds.

Earlier today something occured to me.

Can you imagine how insane the people who live on the politics board were last night?

Hours of not being able to sling hate and lies. It must have been awful.

I can imagine, but they have this one solace: there are a lot of places on the Internet to be a political idiot. They had alternatives (assuming they knew they existed, which might be assuming too much). Whereas there aren't that many places for smut purveyors like us to shoot the shit the way we can here.

I can imagine, but they have this one solace: there are a lot of places on the Internet to be a political idiot. They had alternatives (assuming they knew they existed, which might be assuming too much). Whereas there aren't that many places for smut purveyors like us to shoot the shit the way we can here.
Of course there are plenty of places to spew, but these people are SOMEBODY here, they're no one anywhere else, and I am sure they've been tossed off of any legit political discussion forum that has a moderator.

That forum is the LW of the boards.

I think there's a new definition for a Forum Newbie: someone who doesn't know 404 means the site is shut for maintenance.
No, that's not what it means at all. It can be used for that but it means:

A 404 error is an HTTP status code that means the page you were trying to reach on a website couldn't be found on their server.
To be clear, the error indicates that while the server itself is reachable, the specific page showing the error is not.

The PAGE is unreachable, there were numerous pages on this site that were reachable last night, Lit store was open, the Lit book was for sale, you could even see a list of the new stories that came out, but due to access problems many PAGES were unreachable while the SITE was still up

The-More-You-Know.jpg

I was shocked, scared, mad, frustrated and agitated. Always have had problems with computers, and I hoped it was just another disturbing item in a machine having it's own mind and screwing with me. Got on this morning and what a relief!

I assumed I was banned for something.

Remember when those hackers lowered the price of bitcoin to 1 penny on the bitcoin exchange and everyone who had their account set to auto-sell if the price dropped lost all their coins to randos and hackers who had their accounts set to buy if the price ever dropped below a set amount.

And the people in charge promised to fix it but they couldn't because the randos and hackers pulled all the bitcoins they had and closed their accounts. The system was set so that no one could automatically pull more than $100 worth of bitcoin at a time but with the fake price of 1 cent they were able to walk off with vast amounts of money.

Anyway, the point is whatever happened at least you didn't wake up to all your money gone because lit was down...

Like you, I thought I'd said too much too often and got banned. But once I realized it happened to everyone, I felt no consternation, worry, or angst. I just wrote and wrote like a mad woman.

What were you, @dmallord, and Mary @theWollstonecraftWoman doing yesterday? This seems a bit odd that you both knew nothing. Have a seat across the table; I have a few questions!
Well, now ... I was home alone all day, except for my buddy. He slept, ate, went outside for his business, and otherwise guarded the homestead. He's blind, arthritic, and about 110-years old in people years. If you ask him, he'll vouch for my activities.

Most of the day, I was in the Political forums beating up the usual recalcitrant Trump believers. If you want, you can track me there. ;)

I went for a fifteen-minute walk sometime around 3 pm - the first in months. Slept an hour or three in the afternoon. Dinner for buddy and me around 8 pm. After that, I went back into the Political realm again until about 2:00 am, then wrote for an hour on my Mike Hammer project until 3 am.

When did this alleged outage happen, and why didn't Laurel tell me about it? :censored: Not that she forgot, I guess.

As for Mary - I ain't got a clue as to what she was doing! But we weren't doing it together if that's what you were thinking! :p:kiss::nana:

AND that's pretty much every day for me - kind of like a groundhog do over day after day.

Well, now ... I was home alone all day, except for my buddy. He slept, ate, went outside for his business, and otherwise guarded the homestead. He's blind, arthritic, and about 110-years old in people years. If you ask him, he'll vouch for my activities.

Most of the day, I was in the Political forums beating up the usual recalcitrant Trump believers. If you want, you can track me there. ;)

I went for a fifteen-minute walk sometime around 3 pm - the first in months. Slept an hour or three in the afternoon. Dinner for buddy and me around 8 pm. After that, I went back into the Political realm again until about 2:00 am, then wrote for an hour on my Mike Hammer project until 3 am.

When did this alleged outage happen, and why didn't Laurel tell me about it? :censored: Not that she forgot, I guess.

As for Mary - I ain't got a clue as to what she was doing! But we weren't doing it together if that's what you were thinking! :p:kiss::nana:

AND that's pretty much every day for me - kind of like a groundhog do over day after day
Now you did it, could have had them guessing for weeks if you'd kept your trap shut!

It messed with me that outage report sites kept reassuring me that Literotica was up and it was "just me" even as nothing but the front pages worked. I had a moment where I wondered if I'd been banned for some reason. But I eventually settled on "technical difficulties" and let it go, since I can't afford the stress.

Still, it was an education: the few stories I have up here still matter to me. I care plenty about them. It would massively suck if they just went away, as I've seen happen to other sites.

Back